It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who or What are "The Nines"?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Here is a free download link to the book referenced and mentioned by olaru12 and mr joones
The only planet of choice

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I just watched "The Nines" on Netflix with Ryan Reynolds because of this thread. It wasn't bad but I felt the whole nines thing was rushed and not fully explained. I still enjoyed the movie, gave me something to look into and further research. I know there is another kids movie with 9 in the title. I'm gonna check that out on Netflix if it's streaming later this evening.

I found it interesting that the 9s were from a different dimension or that is how I understood it. I wish it would have been explained earlier on because the three story lines in the movie didn't really fit all that well together.

either way it had ryan reynolds so I enjoyed it for that

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Trajan

Haha - that was my first thought too...haven't played Oblivion in forever but I immediately thought of the Nine Divines:

Akatosh - The Dragon God of Time and the chief god of the pantheon
Arkay - God of Life and Death
Dibella - Goddess of Beauty
Julianos - God of Wisdom and Logic
Kynareth - Goddess of Nature
Mara - Mother Goddess and Goddess of Love
Stendarr - God of Mercy
Talos/Tiber Septim - God of War and Governance
Zenithar - God of Work and Commerce

Edit to add:
I put "The Nines" in my Netflix que to check it out...thanks for the movie idea
edit on 4-11-2012 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Interesting. In Ithaca, NY there is a pizza place called The Nines. You all know what else is in Ithaca...

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
I just watched "The Nines" on Netflix with Ryan Reynolds because of this thread. It wasn't bad but I felt the whole nines thing was rushed and not fully explained. I still enjoyed the movie, gave me something to look into and further research. I know there is another kids movie with 9 in the title. I'm gonna check that out on Netflix if it's streaming later this evening.

I found it interesting that the 9s were from a different dimension or that is how I understood it. I wish it would have been explained earlier on because the three story lines in the movie didn't really fit all that well together.

either way it had ryan reynolds so I enjoyed it for that

It helps a second time watching it. You kind see the stories fit together better (but still not fully). The other "kids" movie is awesome..

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet
The meaning of the number nine is interesting.

Here is one I found

R. Allendy speaks about the curious arithmetical properties of the nine which gives it a very particular character because of the use of our decimal notation system. In another numerical notation system they would cease to exist: the difference between an unspecified number and the number formed by the inversion of its digits is always a multiple of 9 - example: between 26 and 62, the difference is 36, multiple of 9; the multiples of 9 are always composed of digits where the sum (once reduced) is equal to 9; the product 123456789 x 9 gives 9 times the digit 1 in the answer (1111111101). Concerning this last property, Elisabeth Haich mentiones the next calculations:

0 x 9 + 1 = 1
1 x 9 + 2 = 11
12 x 9 + 3 = 111
123 x 9 + 4 = 1111
1234 x 9 + 5 = 11111
12345 x 9 + 6 = 111111
123456 x 9 + 7 = 1111111
1234567 x 9 + 8 = 11111111
12345678 x 9 + 9 = 111111111
123456789 x 9 + 10 = 1111111111

Source

Interesting.I mentioned something"similar"a few pages back I encountered during my episode of psychosis LOL
It's like the nine is mathematically magical
that is fun to say

edit on 4-11-2012 by SyntheticPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
This instantly brought to mind a lucid dream/oija experience I read by Ken Korczak World within Worlds was the first thing of his I read, most of his posts I found were interesting though.

I'm glad everyone is being so open in this thread, it really helps me to not feel alone as well. I've been thinking lately of composing a list of my lucid dreams that stick out in my mind. As I think about them they have somewhat of an overall theme that is personal to me. I think that I have communicated with others through my dreams.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The movie the 9s seemed like a bunch of gnostic garbage to me but to add to the discussion this thread caused me to remember another thread by member Blackpoison94 .

The Nine Unknown Men

No idea about the validity of the claim but I find it strange the recurrence of 9 with "channeled" councils and ancient pantheons.
edit on 4-11-2012 by NihilistSanta because: fixed links

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Nine Worthies

Nine Unknowns

The movie had a huge impact on me as well...and purple is my favorite color!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SyntheticPerception

I dunno, I feel like a 9 sometimes, but then I feel like the whole concept of the movie is backwards in fact we all are nines, and we're all crack addicts. I mean I feel we all are part of the game, we all are an interdimensional being having a physical incarnation, that the creator is all of us and just very schizophrenic with at least 7 billion personalities (and growing) I dunno how else to explain it. But we have all forgotten who we are.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Also I should also mention people that are associating the Ennead for the nines are way off, it really holds no water...the Ennead or ancient Egyptian Gods were just symbolic of the 9 Planets (Just like the roman, greek, etc mythos) Nu was the void out of which conciousnous (Atum) sprung, Ra was the sun oddly he held a lower pantheon position of the Gods, which I don't get the logic of such, that would make him an 8 or seven but if you follow the mythos closely, here we have 9 beginning expressions of life and the further you come to physical reality (Earth) the lower your number would be so on Earth, all the lifeforms are equal, but understand they are all still expressions of the original 9. This was explained to me many times in the study of ancient mythologies.
edit on 5-11-2012 by ldyserenity because: fix wording

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Love that film... my favourtie quote....

"Gary: Are you saying I'm God?
Margaret: Technically, no. If God is a ten, a theoretical ultimate, that-which-no-greater-can-be-imagined, you're more of a nine.
Gary: So what are you?
Margaret: Humans are sevens. Monkeys are sixes.
Gary: What are the eights?
Margaret: Koalas. They're telepathic. Plus, they control the weather.
Margaret: What's important is that you, you're the big cheese. El Supremo. You could destroy the world with a single thought."

PA

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Starcrossd

Fantastic ! its now immortalized on my desktop - thanks for link!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

I do not have time to watch your videos. When you talked of the nines. It reminded me of a myth I read once. I have forgotten what culture. That talked about nine watchers being left behind on planet earth to look after and protect us.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SyntheticPerception

I am known as Thomas and I am known as Atum. We are the Council of Nine, we oversee what you term the Universe. We are of nine principles of the Universe... we are in connection with one that is higher, but in totality together we are one, as that of all Universe is one... we are not physical beings. We are separate and one at the same time.

Originally posted by olaru12

Google is amazing for looking up information.

www.palden.co.uk...

Are you messing with me????

Its deep i know lol

take a look at this thread where this concept is explained
that in reality in simple words .. you are all ME
and im all YOU

This story has CHANGED MY LIFE ... it may change yours as well

half of the story:

No, just you. I made this whole universe for you. With each new life you grow and mature and become a larger and greater intellect.”
“Just me? What about everyone else?”
“There is no one else,” I said. “In this universe, there’s just you and me.”
You stared blankly at me. “But all the people on earth…”
“All you. Different incarnations of you.”
“Wait. I’m everyone!?”
“Now you’re getting it,” I said, with a congratulatory slap on the back.
“I’m every human being who ever lived?”
“Or who will ever live, yes.”
“I’m Abraham Lincoln?”
“And you’re John Wilkes Booth, too,” I added.
“I’m Hitler?” You said, appalled.
“And you’re the millions he killed.”
“I’m Jesus?”
“And you’re everyone who followed him.”
You fell silent.
“Every time you victimized someone,” I said, “you were victimizing yourself. Every act of kindness you’ve done, you’ve done to yourself. Every happy and sad moment ever experienced by any human was, or will be, experienced by you.”
You thought for a long time.
“Why?” You asked me. “Why do all this?”
“Because someday, you will become like me. Because that’s what you are. You’re one of my kind. You’re my child.”
“Whoa,” you said, incredulous. “You mean I’m a god?”
“No. Not yet. You’re a fetus. You’re still growing. Once you’ve lived every human life throughout all time, you will have grown enough to be born.”
“So the whole universe,” you said, “it’s just…”
“An egg.” I answered. “Now it’s time for you to move on to your next life.”
And I sent you on your way.

thank you for letting me know about this Nine movie
now i have to watch it

i was born on the 9 october but i dont see it everywhere

i do see 1111 everywhere lol

in hebrew numerology 9 means : new life .. new civilization

in chinese numerology it mean :

The spiritual meaning of number Nine bring us to the very height of vibrational frequencies in this number sequence. Nine represents attainment, satisfaction, accomplishment, and our success to achieve an influence in our circumstances. The spiritual meaning of number Nine deals with intellectual power, inventiveness, influence over situations and things. Nine beseeches us to recognize our own internal attributes, and extend these abilities out into the world to make a positive, influential difference.
--

If we consider each of these initial numbers as a pathway into ever increasing complexity and higher knowledge, the nine will be our precipice of our understanding. At the apex of our upward count stands the nine, and in Chinese meaning of numbers it is the jackpot of celestial forces. Interestingly, in Feng Shui, nine sections are cordoned off by agricultural land owners; eight sections of land are cultivated, but the ninth section (in the center of the agricultural blueprint) is classified as "god's acre" and is devoted to honor the supreme and sacred. The Chinese meaning of numbers nine is completion and satisfaction. It represents a high standard of celestial congruence. When we reach the philosophical height of number nine we have ascended in esoteric understanding and obtained a cosmic satisfaction. The Chinese zodiac symbol for number nine is the Monkey and its Feng Shui direction is West/Southwest

edit on 11/5/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Its a movie.

Dont get me wrong though, i do like it, i just think its more about hollywood egos than real life messages.
'___' is the only thing thay has granted me any hidden knowledge, go do that instead

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

"The Nines" iz 1 movie that i'll never 4get.. I watched it a couple of timez, and discovered a lil bit more every time..
I would def recommend it 2 otherz...

I had a Theory that the 'Nines' were our 'Creators', and Ryan Reynolds character had somehow become 'lost' in his own 'imaginings'.. (i kno, pretty vague, ala general)...

btw.. I'm glad u started this thread, az a 'strong' analysis of this particular movie has been something i hav been seeking 4 quite some time now.. Hope u continue 2 'trust' in ur 'instincts', and 'Follow the Signz', Peace..!
edit on 5-11-2012 by ThaEnigma because: no particular reason

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
From what you are telling us about your dream - the nines might be your subconscious informing you that you really have no control of your fate. The people's choice to watch The Nines or 2012 could be a sign that you have no control, or is losing control, over your true meaning. Or...

Most people associate 2012 with Dec 21 and the rebirth of a new age - but that could mean you have control over your own rebirth...which is far from the truth. Your wanting to watch The Nine, which the main character is a god (not the God as they mention in the film) could be your subconscious informing you that you must chose between trying to conform to what you want out of this world with what others want from you....Dec 21 2012 is what the current norm is calling the rebirth of our understanding - you have the option of being like everyone else, standing in line, and accept the current norm...or you could be your own antagonistic force in your own life and leave behind those who don't hear the other meaning of this life.

You feel sorry for those you left behind only because you know their fate. You worry about those in line because you know they'll have to go through the same ordeal as you. You can't warn either group - you realize that they must chose for themselves.

The nine in your case, from my limited opinion, is your subconscious showing you that you are not a god and are very mortal. Your path is still open, but should not follow the main stream. Those people in line are sheep being led astray and it is up to you to do something about it. You can sit idly by and feel sorry for them, or you can influence them with human compassion.

But the only person who can answer your question is yourself.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by dave0davidson

Dude, that was incredibly painful to read.
The ultimate horror of my life is being "trapped" inside my mind like that.

I can think of very few other miseries I've managed to survive that compare to having no choice but to just ride that train out until you finally start to come back around to your senses again.
Utterly helpless and at the complete and total mercy of your mind exploring the other 90% of our brain's unused resources & capabilities.
Like your are in a battle of wits with yourself, but it's the "yourself" that you are when you are at your full psychological potential.

I don't know where "that" place is, some people call it the astral plane, some people call it the spirit world, some people call it insanity.
But what I do know, is that we do not belong there while we are encompassed in flesh. I guess I would sorta compare it to "crossing the streams"...(LOL..like the movie Ghostbusters when Vinkman says they're not supposed to cross the streams of their guns...)-- meaning, we can do it. It can be done. But that doesn't mean it's a good idea, since you never know what will become of it.

I am humble enough to admit that my Creator knows more than I do and is more than capable of knowing what is best for His own creation.
In this regard, I am more than eager to just say, "Yes Sir...You said 'None of that', so I won't be doing none of that anymore, that's for damn sure....." and go on about my business until I'm told otherwise.

Can ya' dig it?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by punkorange

I'm glad everyone is being so open in this thread, it really helps me to not feel alone as well.

Same here. Thank you for contributing too. It has been a crazy two years for me, I know I am not schizophrenic, it feels good saying certain things even though I come off sounding crazy. The hardest part for me is sharing my experience because I feel people will judge me or think I am trying to get attention or something. That couldn't be further from the truth. The alone feeling sucks!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join