It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm at a dead end here.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I received calls from both Rick Santorum and Clint Eastwood ON THE SAME DAY! I was blown away. Rick Santorum???? Calling my home???? I almost collapsed. Then, just hours later the phone rang and I kid you not it was Clint Eastwood. My family found me passed out on the floor later that night. When I came to, I was told Clint also had called for generally the same reason. They had been calling to get me to vote. Clint wanted me to vote for Romney and Rick wanted me to just simply go vote for whoever I feel is the right choice. How can I go against either of their wishes when they called me, ME, specifically!? I don't want to let down Clint, I've enjoyed him in too many movies and turning down his request would be a stab in the back. Rick, being lesser known and having a much smaller place in my heart than Clint, is just trying to get me to see the importance of voting. He's not trying to push anyone onto me or get me to support what he feels is right so how can I go against his wishes when they're just so genuinely good? I'm really just at a dead end here guys. I want to do what's right, but in doing so not let either of these two great men down. I mean for God's sake, they chose to call me out of every other single person in this country and I wasn't even planning to vote, but now I feel like I have to. I'm open to all advice that will potentially get me through this tough time.

Thanks.
edit on 3-11-2012 by SeriousIndividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I feel ya. Maybe we should call Ron Paul and ask him what to do.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Are you sure they werent just recorded messages?Arnold Schwarznegger has called my house telling me to vote too!
Lol @ Clint Eastwood&his chair

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
/sarcasm/

OP probably should have put this at the end of his post.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SeriousIndividual

Um...you could just go vote.

You can see who matches your ideals at votesmart.org/voteeasy or at votehelp.org or pbs.org or procon.org

You can also find your county election commissioner's website and download your sample ballot to see all the different people to vote for. You can check smartvoter.org to see if they have your candidates information available.

There's a lot more than just presidents to vote for. There's state legislators, there's local taxes, there's city council members, there's county commissioners and judges and so many other things.

Just go vote.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I have similar issues.

I keep getting these emails from Michelle Obama.

I wrote to Barry and told him "Please tell your old lady to stop emailing me, it is creeping me out".

And then Barry writes me back and he wants 5 bucks?

Dude,

You wrecked the country. I am not giving you 5 dollars.

D

To: David Abbey
Sent: Friday, November 2, 2012 6:04 PM
Subject: The last time I'll ask you this:

David --

Our last budget decisions are being made now -- can you help?

What we're doing here has always been improbable.

We're going up against some of the most powerful interests in American politics, and they are outspending us on the air in nearly every battleground state right now. This week alone, they're spending $100 million against us on the air.

And yet we still refuse to rely on outside groups, Washington lobbyists, or special-interest PACs to do the hard work for us. Our campaign is built by millions of ordinary Americans each doing their small part, one person at a time.

That's not the easy way to win elections, but that's what we do -- because it's the right way to do it.

The outcome of this race is not yet known. And this is the moment we all must decide how much we can give before the chance to make a difference is gone.

The campaign is making final budget decisions based on the resources we have at midnight tonight.

If you've waited until the last minute to give, this is the moment. This is the last time I'll ask you.

Donate $5 or more today:

donate.barackobama.com...

As always, thank you.

Barack

No way man. Have a bake sale.

And would you tell your old lady to stop emailing me.

Starting to creep me out.

D

To: David Abbey
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 7:54 PM
Subject: I'm asking you, David
David --

This is the last time we'll do this.

Tonight is the campaign's final FEC deadline.

I'm asking you to chip in before midnight.

Right now, this race is very close -- the outcome will come down to what we do with the next 20 days.

If we win, it'll be because each of us stepped up to do our part at moments like this.

Donate $5 or more today, and stand with me for the final weeks of my last campaign:

my.barackobama.com...

Thank you,

Barack

This is it, David.

This is the last week of Barack's last campaign, and today is your last chance to chip in and help strengthen it for the final (and most difficult) stretch.

Our final budget deadline is tonight at midnight, and that means our final decisions will be made tomorrow based on what we have in the bank. In a race as close as this one, every single dollar will play a role in whether Barack wins or loses.

I don't plan on waking up on November 7th wishing I had done just a little bit more when I still had the chance. In fact I am willing to go all the way for the cause. Write a big check and I will make it worth your while.

donate.barackobama.com...

Thank you for everything.

Michelle

edit on 3-11-2012 by kawika because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join