It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Decipher this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I know we have several members who are really good at finding and explaining some of the symbolism we see all around us...I know as well many of us are interested in that but aren't necessarily as proficient behind the meanings of symbols and the context they are in...

I was watching a music video today:
Florence + The Machine - No Light, No Light

Lyrics:

You are the hole in my head
You are the space in my bed
You are the silence in between
What I thought and what I said You are the night-time fear
You are the morning when it's clear When it's over your start
You're my head You're my heart No light, no light in your bright blue eyes
I never knew daylight could be so violent A revelation in the light of day
You can't choose what stays and what fades away
And I'd do anything to make you stay No light, no light No light
Tell me what you want me to say
Through the crowd I was Crying out and In your place there were a thousand other faces I was disappearing in plain sight
Heaven help me I need to make it right You want a revelation
You want to get right But it's a conversation I just can't have tonight
You want a revelation Some kind of resolution
You are the revelation No light, no light in your bright blue eyes I never knew daylight could be so violent
A revelation in the light of day
You can't choose what stays and what fades away
But would you leave me, If I told you what I've done
And would you leave me If I told you what I've become
Cause it's so easy, To sing it to a crowd But it's so hard, my love To say it to you, all alone
No light, no light in your bright blue eyes
I never knew daylight could be so violent
A revelation in the light of day, You can choose what stays and what fades away
You want a revelation You want to get right But, it's a conversation I just can't have tonight
You want a revelation Some kind of resolution.
You are the revelation.
You want a revelation
You want to get right. But, it's a conversation, I just can't have tonight.
You want a revelation Some kind of resolution

What I find interesting is that I immediately recognized a lot of the repetitive symbols within this video in particular...checkered floor, tons of catholic stuff, the name of the song, the crystal skull the bird cage tatoo on her finger etc...

MY issue is that I'm not particularly "good" at trying to read between the lines with this stuff...I do feel there is a message of some kind trying to be relayed through symbols and what not but I'm not confident in my ability to decode what that message is....THIS is where the ATS symbolism experts come in.

I would like to see what some of the members here think of the above video in particular and I would also like to see other members interested in this subject to post whatever they are curious about as well...

I know we all see things sometimes and see the repetitive symbols but can't make heads or tails of it...so if you have seen a video or article or anything really that has you curious...post it here!

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

She is expressing the torture of her soul as the candle on the chessboard of life. The black demon is taking her image and piercing it through the heart. A candle burns out eventually, meaning that her character in life is fading. The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long. She is looking for a revelation and help from heaven but is afraid if God finds out what she has done, he will not forgive her.

And would you leave me
If I told you what I've become
'Cause it's so easy,
To sing it to a crowd
But it's so hard, my love
To say it to you, all alone

Her life professes her state clearly in the world, but within, she cannot face God as she is aware that her heart is being stabbed by her own demon. How does she shake the demon without owning up to it before God? She wants an answer to this but already knows it. She must turn and face the demon or the demon masters her. She is weak and loves her sin too much. She knows that the church is not the answer as it is part of the problem. The choir preaches to her and it is a reflection of her own subconsciousness.

She then jumps off the unfinished building that she thought would be her home. She realizes that she will die and the building is unfinished. She can't choose what stays and what fades away as she runs from her demons.

At the end, she falls through the veil that separates the light from the sanctuary of the temple. She passes the cross on the way down. It's a picture of involution and our inability to see the evolution that follows. LINK

The female represents the Spirit. At the end, she is being molested by the one she chooses. She is a lover of pleasure rather than a lover of God. We each make this choice in life.

edit on 3-11-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

We went to this funny restaurant and then got on the tour bus and everyone was a bit drunk and it was like, 'Yeah, let's write a song

So it's beer talking...

linky
Nevertheless cool song with mystic touch, and she's hot

join