It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Predict Romney Will Win

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Remember when back then I said Romney would win the 3rd debate?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well I couldn't watch it online yet (too long; I'm on dial-up) but I want to say, I nevertheless stick with the prediction he'll win the election. He's just like Bush... And Bush was VERY popular.

As I said, I hope I'm wrong. Apparently Obama winning could calm down Middle East... But I do not think Israel Prime Minister (a very good mate of Romney) wants calm in the Middle-East at all.
edit on 3-11-2012 by swan001 because: forgot to put the link. Now all is good.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001

Well I couldn't watch it online yet (too long; I'm on dial-up) but I want to say, I nevertheless stick with the prediction he'll win the election. He's just like Bush... And Bush was VERY popular.

As I said, I hope I'm wrong. Apparently Obama winning could calm down Middle East... But I do not think Israel Prime Minister (a very good mate of Romney) wants calm in the Middle-East at all.

Bush was popular????

This was one of the least thought out threads I have EVER read on here

bush's approval rating was 28%....thats a lot lower than obamas ever has been

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

Well, it didn't prevent Senior coming for 4 years and Junior to be elected for 8 years. The guy was half-crazy, but he made it to POTUS nevertheless...

edit on 3-11-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

yeah....when the dems put a joke canidate like kerry up there it wasnt all that hard.

Senior lost the second election. Bush Jr policies didnt destroy this country until his second term. You seem to have no insight other that knowing who was in at what time....there is a thing called context.

Do you even live in America?
edit on 3-11-2012 by THEDUDE86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

According to pretty much every poll and outlet, Obama won the second and third debate. Only the most fringe elements think he lost (same that thought McCain won all his debates).

And Bush wasn't so much popular as much as fear was popular in 04. For some strange reason, people thought that if you put a Dem in office, he wouldn't go after OBL and be weak on terror.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86
reply to post by swan001

yeah....when the dems put a joke canidate like kerry up there it wasnt all that hard.

Kerry wasn't a joke. he was just a bit dull overall.
The thing the right did was turn kerry into a joke..but consider what they were using as punchlines.

lol...Kerry was in the military and got shot.
lol...

I usually have a finely tuned sense of humor, but I simply didn't get it..still don't.
I think the overall tone was...did you get injured in battle? we laugh at you.

So...maybe he was a joke..I don't know. I don't understand right wing humor

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

As much as I and most of America does NOT want him to him, i think he will win aswell

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I worked on the Kerry Campaign so dont think I am some right winger

Kerry was a joke of a candidate he was one of the worst that we could of picked from that primary. Had Howard Dean not done that weird "HEYAAAAAAAAA" he would of been the candidate and probably would of won.

Many if not most of the people here on ATS cant remember 8 years ago

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

reply to post by SaturnFX

I worked on the Kerry Campaign so dont think I am some right winger

Kerry was a joke of a candidate he was one of the worst that we could of picked from that primary. Had Howard Dean not done that weird "HEYAAAAAAAAA" he would of been the candidate and probably would of won.

Many if not most of the people here on ATS cant remember 8 years ago

Again, I don't think he was a joke.
He was simply not prepared for the office..and your right, Dean was a better candidate in regards to challenging Bush..but lets be honest. in 04, even the most rabid liberal pretty much knew Bush would win. You remember how things were..if you don't love the -president-, then your anti-american...to challenge Bush, you were arguably a sleeper cell agent for al-queda...the mindset by the low information voters was pure fear pushed on them...damn iraqi's blowing up our buildings and whatnot...so ya..

Perhaps Kerry was simply a sacrifical lamb the way McCain was. But still, Kerry was a good guy, just..dull..boring...like a paper towel..nothing to excite anyone about...and in the end, he still did much better than most thought he would do.

I didn't mean for my last post to insinuate you were a right winger incidently, I know your not. I just don't like people destroying former candidates because they lost. Frankly, I would love to go back in time and help Gore win.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The electoral votes are for Obama any which way you look at it................gonna be hard to unseat a current president..

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I always thought of that pep talk as a bit like a Pro-wrestler's promo before a match back in the days when Gorilla Monsoon would do some interviews. Dean was a worthy candidate, hence the talking heads on the right and even the MSM to a degree calling it a meltdown over a loss.

The Dems had no problem with it as Dean was head of the DNC for some time afterwards...which could have been a back room deal in order for him to dropout and endorse Kerry.

As for Kerry, glad he didn't win as I honestly think he would have been worse than Obama, especially with having the Super Majority with Congress. Yeah Obama had it too, but only for two years and all he made with it was Obamacare and a couple bailouts. Kerry would have had the time to make far more with it in those four years.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

reply to post by swan001

Senior lost the second election. Bush Jr policies didnt destroy this country until his second term. You seem to have no insight other that knowing who was in at what time....there is a thing called context.

Do you even live in America?

I live here. Kerry wasnt a joke. He won the first debate.
Fought and was a legitimate hero in Vietnam.
Bush was bravely defending the skies of Texas
in case of a surprise Vietcong attack. (when he wasn't AWOL)
It's was the bs swift boat super PAC that Rove put in place
that smeared Kerry to the point that a legitimate Veteran was beat
buy someone "Daddy" was keeping safe from war.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Honestly, I would like to be confident that Romney will win, but I'm not. There are still too many variables in play. The key battleground states are, despite both the right and left's attempt to spin it in their favor, too close to made accurate predictions. Honestly, and this scares me to think about, I can see the potentiality for this to turn in to another 2000 election, in which we don't have a clear winner for days, weeks, or even a couple months after the election. We have an election in which several key states are needed, by both camps, in order to clinch the 270. That isn't a certainty, for either candidate, at this point.

There is the remote possibility, and given the fact that the polls in so many states being near dead heats, for a 269-269 tie. Yes, it is a small possibility, as a litany of things have to unfold for that to happen, but the possibility is still there. If that were to occur, we would have to pay close attention to who is coming in to Congress. Since the House would determine the President (and, given the number of GOP delegations likely to be in the House), it would go Romney. But, the Senate would determine the VP. If the Dems keep control of the Senate, they would pick Biden. So, even though it is a small possibility, there is the potentiality out there for a Romney/Biden administration.

Do I want Romney to win? Yes, I do. However, I am nowhere near confident enough in the polls to call it a lock. It is up in the air.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

www.gallup.com... well it seems he had the highest and one of the lowest approval ratings over two terms but i do think he holds the record for approval rating at its highest for a president during the 911 period

from what hte polls seem to say the election is a toss up but several states might have to wait to count all their votes so this one is gonna be an interesting one either way

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I hope you kept the receipt for the Magic 8 ball your using. Because you are certainly gonna want a refund.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I bought stock that should go up if Mittens wins.

Yahoo TRP chart

If I thought Barry was going to win I would have bought gold and stock in gun manufacturers.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Who cares Who wins, all Americans are losers regardless

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Failed prediction

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

I see that. I am glad to see the american people finally had some sense!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Prediction Fail!
2nd

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join