It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney voters blacks will come to get you, according to Maher

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rezlooper
reply to post by sheepslayer247

I believe that Maher was joking as a comedian and a tv host, but it's the context of what he said I believe is dangerous because, I believe it is true, that things will happen and when it does they won't use their violence against just those who voted for Romney. Trust me, they won't discriminate. Everyone should be concerned with threats of violence and riots.

I don't believe it is true. Just because a bunch of numbskulls spout-off at the mouth on FB or Twitter does not mean that roving bands of violent hoodlums will be roaming the neighborhoods terrorizing the American people.

Bill Maher was just another one of those people running their mouths.

Rest assured, the election will take place and even though many among us may bitch and complain, life will go on.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

I agree with you, we'll vote and regardless who wins, life will go on, but you shouldn't downplay Twitter and Facebook as ManBehindtheMask quoted a few posts ago

Lets not forget that OWS was done through facebook and Twitter......so was the Arab Spring organized and the protest in Iran that was such a tragedy....... People like to play it off like "Oh its just twitter and facebook" but they conveniently over look the fact that some of these huge movements, and indeed even moving polls in this election, are done through these forms of media

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

I do not doubt the power of social media at all. I know it's popular. But I don't think we will see an uprising of black people.

The entire premise in just silly and insulting.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Because you have no sense of humor!

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourWIFI
If Romney wins, it will be the BILL COLLECTORS coming after you...

Because, with an outsourcing KING, working-class HATING, out of touch with the commoners royal SCUMBAG like Romney gets in and tanks the economy REPUBLICAN-STYLE (as always) again while raising the MIDDLE-CLASS folks taxes to pay for his INCREASED MILITARY SPENDING, and pay for the BUSH TAX BREAKS for the wealthy, folks will have the bill collectors to worry about more than anything.

Hopefully all the commoners here are in EXCELLENT health, because the stress on the body resulting from a Romney economy will surely bring you down with a lifetime of debt from heath-care costs as well...

edit on 3-11-2012 by YourWIFI because: (no reason given)

Its no coincidence Obama hired thousands more IRS agents awhile back. If you don't willingly support selling your constitutional rights, they will make sure your life is a living hell.

Two sides of the same coin.

I don't believe in coincidences that come out of Washington.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
There is a solution if they come and get you......return fire........

That to was a joke...sort of....

Their might be small scale rioting... But I don't think it will be to bad. Hard to say.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenOhhTwo
reply to post by Destinyone

Because you have no sense of humor!

I think your avatar is hilarious...how's that for a sense of humor.....

Des

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
There aren't enough black people to attack the percentage of white people that vote for Romney.... The Romney voters would be living in a world of hurt though if all of the white and people of other minority races and factions that voted for the President decided to join with the imaginary black rioters....

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by erwalker

Originally posted by Nite_wing

Not really. Comedians are supposed to be funny.

The fact that you don't think Maher is funny is relatively meaningless. Humour is a rather personal thing.

Some people think the Three Stooges are very funny. Their brand of humour leaves me cold.
Monty Python leaves me in stitches yet other people are just confused by their skits.

A sufficient number of people find Maher funny and topical to keep him employed.

I laughed my tush off when I saw the The Three Stooges movie and I absolutely LOVE Monty Python. With all the scary stuff I read on ATS sometimes you just need to chill and find time for a few tears of laughter.

Maher is a little off-beat but I still like him, as I like Colbert and Stewart as well.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I think its Known Im for Obama this Election.

But I cant stand Maher.

Hes a Self Important Bloated A@@hole.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Liberal Jews and Liberal Blacks , Yeah Sure they have Alot In Common..........

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

Still wouldn't be enough. Romney voters are going to be your survivalists, NRA members and hunters! They'd be ready.

I don't mean all Romney voters, but many.
edit on 3-11-2012 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Everyone knows Bill Maher donated 1 Million Dollars to the Obama campaign.
I can only imagine the fallout and the cries of racism if a Romney contributor had said something similar.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Bill Maher is the most terrifying person on television. I think he actually believes in the raw sewage spewing forth from his soulless puppet manifestation.
edit on 3-11-2012 by CyberTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rezlooper
Pathetic Bill Maher said on his show last night that if you vote for Romney, "Black people know who you are and they will come to get you." Unbelievable how he can say things like this and the media says nothing. Imagine if O'Reilly said that white people would come for you if you voted for Obama. The uproar would be deafening.

Here's the link to the story

Romney voters watch out

Though I understand how Bill Maher over reacts, and I do understand there is a websites for black republicans that seems dignified and legitimate., There is obvious statements that Brigham Young did make that are really shocking and should never see the light of day as for as being offensive to blacks I would think.

But the biggest offense that I see is the fact that Romney was on a mission, and the LDS missions greatest tool is the book of mormon, there is no DNA to back the book's history about hebrew people coming to america anciently along with their wars were there are no artifacts in the ground. This to me reduces Romney's lack of understanding spiritual reasoning that one must be aware of when a president has to deal with fundamentalist such as the taliban.

You do have to wonder how Romney is raised, most LDS churches have VERY FEW blacks in their wards. And he was raised to understand that blacks didn't have the so called "priesthood" until 1978. But there is so much information coming out even with in the church about the Book of Mormon and the Book of Abraham that it is enough to throw into question the legitimacy of everything else in that church. I am not saying it is all bad. But human beings deserve the truth. Those poor people that came over during the pioneer era to tame the desert of the Salt Lake area that died, such as the Martin Handcart Company. Their blood and their lives lived deserve complete honesty of the heads of that church. Especially when they had the opportunity to bring forth truth when B.H. Roberts presented them with it when he was a leader in the early 1900 and that was even before DNA knowledge.

Pioneers such as the Willy and Martin Handcart company were NEVER even presented with even the option of hearing about DNA and artifacts in relation to he book of mormon. I feel sad for them because they were brave and sacrificed much and deserve better than a book that does not represent the truth the way truth should encapsulate an historic spiritual book.

So I say, people on the whole don't want to have a blanket over them unless your a KKK. But that produced so much hatred and sadness that I would hate to see that repeated. It would be awful. Of course their will always be great and problematic things to deal with in the US. And I think that Obama is actually more capable that Romney especially in his last two debates.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Quite freaking out over nothing...If people would take time to understand one another then you wouldn't have posted that article. If you notice the popular phrase is "ima start a riot" which is a song by a new up and coming rap artist, so they were using the election as a clever way to reference this song which is hot right now in rap world.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

EVERYONE has biases. Watching any comedian enough and you will find out what they are. Which means, they are to be expected and as we have our own biases, we may agree with them, disagree with them, or recognize the absurdity of the statements to get LAUGHS. There are Right Wing comedians, there are Left Wing comedians..... and comedians that realize both sides are full of crap, like George Carlin!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
The whole concept makes me embarrassed to be an American. It really does.

This is not a racial issue at all... I don't care that Obama is black... Nope. Nothing to do with race at all... Got tons of black friends you know... Yup... Not a racist thought in my head... Oh... You know the Twitter says that the blacks will rise up and murder us if we take away their Muslim King by voting for Romney... NOPE not a racist..."

I am a white male who happens to LIVE In a predominantly black community and I can tell you, first hand, that none of my neighbors are going to rise up. In fact they won't even be tweeting angry comments from their Obama phones. Why not?

BECAUSE THE FREE PHONES DON'T SUPPORT THE FREAKING INTERNET! SO NOBODY WANTS THEM!

The misinformation in this election cycle is just unreal.

Maher was not making a joke here to settle racial tensions in the black community. He was making a joke to try and show white people that, even as adults, they're still afraid of the monster under the bed apparently.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaxnmarko
reply to post by swan001

EVERYONE has biases. Watching any comedian enough and you will find out what they are. Which means, they are to be expected and as we have our own biases, we may agree with them, disagree with them, or recognize the absurdity of the statements to get LAUGHS. There are Right Wing comedians, there are Left Wing comedians..... and comedians that realize both sides are full of crap, like George Carlin!

Great post. George Carlin (RIP) one of the best. What about Richard Pryor or Dice Clay do we get offended enough to write a post on their subjects? Taking this election thang a little too seriously!!
edit on 4-11-2012 by FreebirdGirl because: just sayin

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

The stereotypes are true however. There is physical, mental and behavioral differences between the different races of people on this planet. Yet mentioning or discussing this will get you branded as an ignorant sub-human racist by society and what I like to call the "bad whitey" syndrome.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join