It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney voters blacks will come to get you, according to Maher

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn

Who cares what he.says?

He's a comedian...

Not really. Comedians are supposed to be funny.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrandStrategy

Originally posted by Rezlooper
Thing is that it may have been a joke, but its probably true! I may or may not be joking here, but check out this story about blacks tweeting they are going to riot if Romney wins

Obama supporters tweet they will riot if Romney wins

edit on 3-11-2012 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

Oh, please, a couple of Twitter members making tongue-in-cheek remarks about rioting, that's real evidence that black people are going to riot come a Romney victory!

It's disgraceful that infowars would even post that.

Come on now, as if Twitter or Facebook social media wouldn't be the best way to organize chaos in this day and age.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Maher knows what he's doing.

After all, what are we here doing today? We're discussing Bill Maher. Mission accomplished Bill. Now you can go to the network and show them how many Youtube hits you got this week - "proving" that you are hip and in demand still.

The fact that anyone is reading anything more into this than that one reality is simply a demonstration of the fractures that are forming in America.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Maher is a comedian on a pay cable channel that you have to seek out to find.
He is akin to a funny Rush Limbaugh...
I will say that his show is actually bipartisan in regards to the actual panel. always having strong conservatives and liberals butting heads, both giving equality..and there are actual, actual conversations that go on...people call out bs, strong challenging, etc.

Frankly, that show can teach you more about the Lib V Con circus than anything else...if you can stomach his opening anyhow (he is a confessed strong liberal, and a mouthy one at that..he isn't pretending anything).

Some of you might want to stop moaning about the show and actually watch it one night (fast forward through the opening if you don't want to hear liberal views incidently). You will find it quite balanced.

But ya, there is a world of difference between OReilly and Maher...Reilly is on a "news" network as a commentator trying to pretend independent. Maher is on his own world where he can curse and fart and tell jokes if he wants...politically incorrect

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Was he joking?

Here's the thing, what would liberals have said if Romney made that joke?

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

-facepalm-
ugg dude.
You better contain such speech. ATS is not a klan rally.

Look at Africa?
Look at germany, look at the eastern bloc, look at china, look at the middle east.
Look at the southern US in the 40s-60s

Mob rage is not limited to any skin tone....ya dude, your racist...I don't need to call you that, you know you are. Sort that out and you will find yourself in a better place mentally..or don't and think that anyone with a darker skin tone than you is somehow a demon if fear is your fetish.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I find it funny that most people do not know that Maher is a Libertarian...and he's liberal. True conservatism is not far off from liberalism.

Sorry to offend anyone that didn't know that.

But IMO, Maher is funny and gives us a better look at what is really going on than the news networks. It's sad that real journalism has found it's home in the dark reaches of Comedy satire.

That says more for the "news" channels than it does about Maher or Stewart.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Avatar Dude!!! It is fracturing my eyeballs.

OP, really? Apparently it is already starting in California, Illinois and New Jersey.

Pennsylvania has not gone for a Republican for president since Reagan and Bush, and when - Bush Sr., not Bush Jr. - when Bush Sr. carried Pennsylvania, he also carried California and Illinois and New Jersey - places where they would hunt Romney down with dogs.
Newsbuster

Poetic Justice?

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Was he joking?

Here's the thing, what would liberals have said if Romney made that joke?

We would say he is not presidental material

We also say Maher is not presidental material incidently...

Limbaugh, Garofalo, Savage, Stewart, etc etc etc...all not presidental material.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Maher and O'Reilly are both white men..

I don't get your analogy.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
I find it funny that most people do not know that Maher is a Libertarian...and he's liberal. True conservatism is not far off from liberalism.

Maher is not a libertarian..not really. some social aspects sure (think many liberals are social libertarians overall...hard to distinguish the difference in various areas). But he is Liberal if you must label him. This is more of a fiscal stance and role of government.

When a conservative says they are a conservative, they are quite often talking about..actually, I no longer understand what a conservative is as of late. They used to believe in a smaller government and fiscal responsibility...that went to pot when they increase the government everytime they have been in office and dig us into debt further...
So, I think its purely a social issues thing for them now...aka, teacher lead prayers in school and erm...
again, sort of unsure just what the modern day neocon stands for (not says, but actually truely stands for in regards to actions).

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing

Not really. Comedians are supposed to be funny.

The fact that you don't think Maher is funny is relatively meaningless. Humour is a rather personal thing.

Some people think the Three Stooges are very funny. Their brand of humour leaves me cold.
Monty Python leaves me in stitches yet other people are just confused by their skits.

A sufficient number of people find Maher funny and topical to keep him employed.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

By definition of his stance on many issues, he is a liberal and a libertarian. We all have a little liberal in us, but who will admit it?

I agree that it's hard to pinpoint what certain groups actually stand for anymore. Conservatives are liberal, liberals are conservative and no one knows what they stand for.....They only know which team they think they play for.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Thing is that it may have been a joke, but its probably true! I may or may not be joking here, but check out this story about blacks tweeting they are going to riot if Romney wins

Oh, please, a couple of Twitter members making tongue-in-cheek remarks about rioting, that's real evidence that black people are going to riot come a Romney victory!

A couple? Tounge in cheek? Where are you getting your info? there were Thousands!
Do your research

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Come on now, as if Twitter or Facebook social media wouldn't be the best way to organize chaos in this day and age.

Lets not forget that OWS was done through facebook and Twitter......so was the Arab Spring organized and the protest in Iran that was such a tragedy.......

People like to play it off like "Oh its just twitter and facebook" but they conveniently over look the fact that some of these huge movements, and indeed even moving polls in this election, are done through these forms of media

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
You can bet something is going on in this country with black racism towards whites and the main stream media isn't covering it. Why? Because Americans have fallen out of love with Obama, who they thought was the Messiah a few years ago. Look at all the black mob violence that has been going on this year. I know there are a few threads about it here on ATS, but I thought I'd put a couple of links anyways.

This first one is a long list (pages and pages) of black mob violence that the media is ignoring

List of black mob violence

Godfather Politics

Racial divide worse under Obama

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
So let me get this straight.

Bill Maher makes the statement that "blacks will come to get you" and he is criticized for it.

Ok, but now the same people that are criticizing Maher for his comments are the same people trying to convince us that blacks WILL come to get you because of Obama...and it will be organised through Twitter and Facebook?

Where is the consistency? Do you agree with Maher or not? So far, it looks as if you do...but without the humor to lighten the mood.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

I believe that Maher was joking as a comedian and a tv host, but it's the context of what he said I believe is dangerous because, I believe it is true, that things will happen and when it does they won't use their violence against just those who voted for Romney. Trust me, they won't discriminate. Everyone should be concerned with threats of violence and riots.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

Sorry to offend anyone that didn't know that.

But IMO, Maher is funny and gives us a better look at what is really going on than the news networks. It's sad that real journalism has found it's home in the dark reaches of Comedy satire.

That says more for the "news" channels than it does about Maher or Stewart.

He is a libertarian, which makes it even more confusing that he supports a totalitarian fascist like Obama. Oh, wait, libertarians don't support Obama.

/TOA

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join