It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the worst thing that's happened to you...?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

You know what ! I sincerely apologize !! If you're helping recovering alcoholics you can't be all that bad !!!! I am one of them !

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by MegaMind

But crying that you don't like the country and want to leave, because of your own issues, is just plain silly and dramatic.

It is not about who has it worse, it is comparing an actual country under a horrible dictatorship to a country that is free, despite the paranoids who want to insist it isn't.

I believe the poster said he was tortured while in solitary confinement by burning his genitals with pepper spray.

Being tortured at the hands of brutal correctional officers for 6 months in solitary confinement. The epic climax with me being strapped to a restraint chair naked and pepper sprayed in my lower regions. Americah hates freedom. tryin to defend myself from being punched repeatedly in the face has its consequences...

That seems like cruel and unusual punishment does it not? If the system allows for such abuse by covering it up then something is wrong with the system. But you would rather blame its victims.

All you wanted to know was why he was in jail in the first place ...

What that poster described does sound like what happens in a horrible third world dictatorship.

I don't know if it happened - I wasn't there - what I do know is that it would not surprise me one bit. Cops in general have changed a lot over the past 40 years or so. Kids, old women and men, paraplegics getting tazed. We know about these because video evidence sees the light of day. What about the ones we don't know about.

Don't tell me we are becoming a freer and more prosperous country by the day because we aren't. We may not be North Korea but that's no excuse to give up on our high standards and ideals or bury our heads in the sand and pretend everything is OK.

Anyway this is all off topic ...
edit on 5-11-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BobSwagger

Hey Bob

My great grandmother contracted encephalitis from a mosquito bite ( so they suspected) and though totally mentally NORMAL, she had a severe speech issue. She spoke like a disabled person. The great rez docs of the day declared her to be deficient and urged her parents to sterilize her... so they did... at around 11 yrs old she had a radical hysterectomy so no babies and no real sexual maturity physically. Ahhh eugenics! My grandmother was "adopted" by her as my great grandfather had died in an accident and my great grandmother died shortly after giving birth to her with "childbed fever"... probably unsanitary conditions and infection.My blood great grandmother told my great grandma that she wanted her to take the baby and raise it. They were neighbors and friends. Obviously my blood GG saw her as an extraordinary person or she'd have done whats usual and give the baby to a sister or brother.
My great grandmother ( who I totally saw her as) DID eventually get married, not for her looks so much as her being a wonderful person.. proven. Tribal societies are funny family wise.. my blood grandmothers family accepted her as if she were blood, so we never had the problems that descendants of adoptions typically have. With an orphaned baby she gained a huge family who loved her as well. The rez hacks also didnt consider that love and sex are a largely mental thing in women.. so the hysterectomy didnt do exactly what they planned.

Bob, sometimes things that are seen as adversities become blessings. You never know, so dont look at the ground because you think its all futile.. look up and you might see real opportunities. You never know what fate/god/whatever throws in your path.. but its up to YOU what you make of it. Its really up to YOU who and what or who you want to be.. and looking UP so you see it when it comes.
If a mean little tiny underdeveloped nutty hairy woman can become loved by everyone, married, have a family, and be held up as a wonderful example of hurdling adversities within the community.. you can attain what you want too. I doubt as a teen and in her 20's she ever thought this was possible.. her family was embarrassed of her and she was treated like crap. She has been dead now 22 years.. and still is a huge example in my own life.. who I share with others. Bet she never thought THAT would happen either!

Hang in there my friend. You just NEVER know. Its half fate and half work on your part.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rick004

Everyone has demons I am afraid. If you are recovering, good for you! YOu are better off then many.

I couldn't save my dad, so I will try to save someone else's.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by MegaMind

But crying that you don't like the country and want to leave, because of your own issues, is just plain silly and dramatic.

It is not about who has it worse, it is comparing an actual country under a horrible dictatorship to a country that is free, despite the paranoids who want to insist it isn't.

I believe the poster said he was tortured while in solitary confinement by burning his genitals with pepper spray.

Being tortured at the hands of brutal correctional officers for 6 months in solitary confinement. The epic climax with me being strapped to a restraint chair naked and pepper sprayed in my lower regions. Americah hates freedom. tryin to defend myself from being punched repeatedly in the face has its consequences...

That seems like cruel and unusual punishment does it not? If the system allows for such abuse by covering it up then something is wrong with the system. But you would rather blame its victims.

I thought it was another poster, not the thread starter. But I am not sure.

I am not blaming the victim. I asked what the victim was in for. Many times criminals are tortured in jail because they did heinous things like rape a child.

All you wanted to know was why he was in jail in the first place ...

Yes, if he raped a child or beat his wife, he had it coming, if it is a mild charge, then he didn't.

What that poster described does sound like what happens in a horrible third world dictatorship.

Child abusers don't get treated well by anybody in the US system. It is very satisfying that way.

I don't know if it happened - I wasn't there - what I do know is that it would not surprise me one bit. Cops in general have changed a lot over the past 40 years or so. Kids, old women and men, paraplegics getting tazed. We know about these because video evidence sees the light of day. What about the ones we don't know about.

And you also dont' hear the good stories, because of the "I hate cops mentality on ATS".

But I will give you some so that you know they are out there.
Officer rescues pit bull

Officer saves child

Officer drowns while rescuing 7 people[

Don't tell me we are becoming a freer and more prosperous country by the day because we aren't. We may not be North Korea but that's no excuse to give up on our high standards and ideals or bury our heads in the sand and pretend everything is OK.

What freedom has been removed, recently?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I don't condone torture in any case and neither does the law.

8th - Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

So since that right is meaningless to you I guess its no wonder you can't see the infringements on the others ...

Freedom of assembly is under attack ... OWS movement, free speech zones.

1st - Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Freedom against unreasonable searches is under attack ... TSA, warrant-less wiretaps ... email spying etc, stop and frisk policies.

4th - The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Freedom to freely travel is under attack ... no fly list ... no judge, no jury. (story about that right here on ATS)

wiki ...

And hell I would like to buy raw milk in my own state without having to go to nearby SC to get it ...

Anyway I'm done talking about it with you its off topic ... quip away

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Some very good and caring people saved my life in detox ! My grandmother took her life because of alcohol and prescription drugs . I try my best to give back when I can on a volunteer basis , I have a lot of respect for people that choose it as a career !!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
The worst thing that has happened to me...
waking up this morning and finding out Obama won the election!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
My dad had an affair with his cousin while she lived in our house with her husband. My mom eventually found out about it and we had to live like that for a couple years. She would talk crap about my mom every night at the dinner table and my dad would laugh. She ended up having an abortion of my half brother, saying it was her husbands, but we all knew better. She had my dad in the palm of her hand and made him twisted. She ruined my once very happy family.

She also worked in our family businesses and stole so much money. She did witchcraft on our entire family. She would mess with our heads whenever she had the chance. Made my mom a manic depressive person for almost a decade.

Needless to say I don't know of a worse divorce ever than my parents, other than fantasy on TV. I can't talk about some of the stuff that happened when that situation blew up.

BUT, life is a bitch and then you get yours. She is miserable now. Her entire family is a wreck, destroyed in the worst possible ways.

I am who I am now because of that happening alongside other things in my life growing up that made me indestructible. I don't need any more pain now. I don't mind it either. It is one of my natural elements.

The world has also been quite the prick to me as a kid as well. I was very sensitive, a fem. School was awful and then I would go home to that. I had no friends growing up except for this kid who was a complete psycho who would ride his bike with me.

I thank them all. Nothing scares me now, nothing hurts. I am a 1000 times the people they will ever be. I know myself better than the average Guru.

I F-ing rock.

edit on 7-11-2012 by manykapao because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I feel normal compared to some of what I've read so far. The death of my kids friend Kris. He was hit by a car on a motorcycle, 1/2 block away from my house. I was stupid enough to go to the scene. Some things you can't (un-see), Knew that boy since he was about 4 yrs old.

My 13 yr old next door neighbor committing suicide on June 25th of this year, he did out right out in the woods behind his house. So high up, he could not be cut down.My heart breaks for this family.

The death of my parents. The two best role-models I ever had. Having to have two fingers taken off because of a spider bite. And watching America crumble away right before my eyes.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The two solutions Ive had to the problem is learning guitar and joing ATS.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join