What's the worst thing that's happened to you...?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

In all seriousness, you oughtto write a thread concerning all of it.. the South Kordofan and Blue Nile states.. whew.. ALL of it. Be a mega thread from hell. Might put it in perspective. Problem is that the media doesnt report the reality.. and no one bothers to educate themselves.. so its barely known. Our problems in comparison ARE smaller, but then again we cant discount anyones personal armageddon as its an individual thing. If given the data, folks can yardstick it though
Id certainly participate in a thread like that.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by nrd101

And what did you do to get yourself thrown into a correctional facility?

I agree with nixie. No one just randomly picked you off the street, did they? The problem with these kind of "woe is me, share my pain" threads is that we get half-stories. Ted Bundy, Jefffrey Dahmer, and Gary Ridgeway all had "woe is me" stories to tell. It's just that they forgot to tell how many people they murdered. Context is everything.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
My 2 boys got taken by the court and their wonderful investigators, gave them to the ex. And, (only one) was removed a year later by Social Service for traumatic experiences while there. They left the other one there and I cannot get him out.

I don't sleep at night, the boy that is back with me deals with medications and therapists and will have problems the rest of his life.

My Trauma: Not being able to protect my kids from a monster.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I don't doubt that its tragic in the Sudan or any other 3rd world country ! They can start there own thread ! I do doubt that You have been through what you mentioned previously ?

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Ahahahaha. Nationalist? I'll have fun with you.

There are things I love about America, just as there are things I hate. The same is true with every nation. Every nation has its flaws. The way the "justice" system treats people in my home country just happens to be one of the things I hate.

If you don't like it...

Sucks for you.

I hate my government, but I love my country. The American government does hate freedom, you'd have to be quite the ignorant slave to think otherwise. But the rapidly increasing gun sales in America? Love it.

You sound like a whiner. No offense.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by rick004

My hardships rival everyone's on this thread and then some. I don't need to constantly mire myself in it or find compatibility to make myself feel better. The ones who need to know, know.

You don't meet many people from the Sudan, do you?

Because the government doesn't allow people to leave. The government doesn't even allow the women to report rape, though about 80% of the female population has been raped and abused.

The Sudanese government won't let the papers report any atrocities, and will not let the UN or other organizations into the country to document them.

Canada, the US, and the UK are trying to get into Sudan for rescue efforts because rebel forces are once again terrotizing and brutalzing the citizens.

So when your government allows rebel forces to come into your village, kill your father in front of you, and force you to rape your mother afterwards, and you are not allowed to tell a soul....

THEN,

you can say that you don't have any freedoms.

You're funny. The "I've had it worse than ALL of you!" stuff doesn't work on me, sorry. I'm surrounded by it. I've grown immune.

You think I've shared all my horrors and troubles online?

You don't know squat. Especially not about me.

Or any of us, for that matter.

Yes, more likely than not, he got landed in a correctional facility because of some wrong he did. Does that automatically call for torture? Maybe in Sudan... where, by the way, I don't think you've ever been. Just my opinion, though. I wouldn't know for sure.

So people in Sudan are allowed to be angry about their evil government, but Americans can't be upset by their government's injustices? They may not be exactly the same, but they're both corrupt governments, and they're both harming their own people... like every government does.

We all have a right to be hurt by our suffering.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinker9917
My 2 boys got taken by the court and their wonderful investigators, gave them to the ex. And, (only one) was removed a year later by Social Service for traumatic experiences while there. They left the other one there and I cannot get him out.

I don't sleep at night, the boy that is back with me deals with medications and therapists and will have problems the rest of his life.

My mother is going through the same thing. My brother and sister and I were taken and given to our father, a neglectful alcoholic, and our manic-depressive and bi-polar step mother, who likes to sexually harass her son, and beat little kids with shoes. It kills my mom to know my brother and sister still live there. I got out the second I could. Just ran away.

Mom and I are working on a custody battle right now for them. I feel your pain, I'm sorry things suck so bad. Never give up on your kids, fight for em!

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

I don't give up on my novels and mangas

EPIC! Lol.

Here's mine:

Born into a damaged and traumatized Northern Irish family.

Alcoholic mother.
No Father.
Younger Brother with Cleft Lip & Learning difficulties.
Managed to keep grades up enough during school to have the brain I have today - Although stress from home doomed my academic future .

By 15 I was drunk/high on the weekend - sofa surfing and dysfunctional.
By 16 I missed prom and all the normal stuff 16 year old girls want.
By 17 I was in an abusive relationship and college didn't work out.
By 18 I considered joining the British Army and left my abusive relationship.
By 19 I went back "home" and started picking up the pieces.
By 20 I left "home" and realised I can rely on NO man - Nor family.

By 21 - I'm paying for my barely acquainted fathers funeral - contemplating my mothers funeral in 2 years or less - concerned what my little bro's going to be doing with his life - planning my great escape from this country - contemplating career progression - and trying to learn to love

Aha.
edit on 3-11-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

Ive watched and read your posts.. seen you accused of being better etc. These things show youre not bitter, youre just strong. Good armor and feeling your way to a whole adulthood after some hard knocks.
I work with "troubled youth" and the stories on this thread are so similar to what I deal with. Just stabs me in the heart sometimes.. so many arent strong like this AND dont understand the concept of a "safe" love. Your last sentence really struck me. Trying to learn to love.

Ill tell you this, and you can hold me ( and my husband) to it. If your plans of an escape of the UK include coming to the US and you wind up in the St Louis area.. you already have a friend. Of course, Im much older and youre about as old as my oldest daughter.. BUT.. I know potential when I see it.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I was miserable living my life looking in the rear-view so I put duct tape over it. I really attempt to learn something from every mistake I made and let it go. Forgiveness goes a long way to healing.

Some of you have had horrible experiences and I hope you all call say "I overcame" like the OP did. If you haven't gotten through Hell yet I hope you do soon.

Please don't be offended if I pray for you. I pray for everyone on ATS almost daily.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

Originally posted by tinker9917

My mother is going through the same thing. My brother and sister and I were taken and given to our father, a neglectful alcoholic, and our manic-depressive and bi-polar step mother, who likes to sexually harass her son, and beat little kids with shoes. It kills my mom to know my brother and sister still live there. I got out the second I could. Just ran away.

Mom and I are working on a custody battle right now for them. I feel your pain, I'm sorry things suck so bad. Never give up on your kids, fight for em!

Thank you for the encouragement. I'm on the verge of giving uo.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Your post makes me feel really good about living in the Saint Louis area. You can recognize potential and I can recognize a heart of gold.

edit on 11/3/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

Your kids need you more than anything right now.

Don't forget that. They'll hold you to it.

God bless

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

I have a hard time with religion but there probably is something greater than all of us out there somewhere , but its comforting to know that someone is caring enough to take the time to pray for us all !! Thank -You and I wish You all the best !

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
One of the worst things to happen to me was going through cancer. It's gone now.
I just wanted to come in here to say that my heart breaks for anyone who is suffering in any way. Life can be so very difficult sometimes. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

It is often inspiring to see how people can rise above it all and carry on. Thanks to many of you who inspire and encourage others by your experiences and reactions.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Life is to learn from all our experiences
so we can be stronger and better

You are ALIVE like never before today
because you still have things to do and learn

Love and never hate is how you can pass the final exam
we are 7 billions on earth ... all very different living many experiences
so dont think you are alone in those "test" of life

Dont look behind .. look forward !
share your experiences to help others
think that somewhere in the world .. someone had worst in their life
of course others had it more easy .. but thats an illusion
the ones that have it more easy have extremely hard test to pass
thats why we cant envy anyone or pity ourself .. we are all egual and but so much different

had my moments to .. quite a miracle im still alive today and doing well now !
in fact .. we are all miracles

SNF my friend !
love your threads because they always come from your heart
edit on 11/4/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I am reluctant to post my experiences because I can already see hints of a competitive, "Oh yeah? Well I've been through THIS!" attitude rearing its head. As, sadly, I expected sort of.

So instead I'll just say I believe that no matter what we go through, there's always, always someone going through worse, even if only by degrees. And a lot of how much we suffer is relative to our threshold for suffering. One person's "just a splinter" is someone else's "agonizing pain." And I believe they're all equally valid and worthy of compassion, not scorn or dismissal.

Just my two cents. Peace.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
My friend works in a hospital. guy 1) they amputated both his legs due to some mystery decease 2) guy 2 has been bed ridden for 2 years and they cut his entire lower intestine out cuz he has crowens decease. And a million other situations this bad or worse.

uhmmmm sorry but what was your problem again exactly?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Thanks Advantage - I'm really touched by that

And I'll take note of your post - as I most certainly do wish to leave this country and travel far and wide - A good friend of mine from my college days came back from France last month, and really inspired me to do what she has done - travel - by any means possible.

My diplomas finished next summer - so between now and then, I've to get a part time job and secure my around the world ticket.
Makes a nice change to heard by the older generation - so many have forgotten us.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Very true. Yet, question: does this mean that everyone suffering something seemingly less severe than those individuals don't count, or shouldn't express their pain? Does it mean they aren't worthy of sympathy or some measure of compassion? And what if someone, somewhere is going through something even worse than those you described? There are neurological disorders - as just one example - that cause excruciating, untreatable pain 24 hours a day, 365 days a year throughout the entirety of the body. Do the double amputee and total colectomy patient who can at least treat their pain somehow matter less now than that other person suffering continuously?

In my view at least, it isn't a competition. Unless we turn it into one. Suffering is suffering, it varies greatly from individual to individual, comes in innumerable forms, and all are worthy of compassion in my opinion.

Of course, disagreement is everyone's prerogative and I respect their opinions. Peace.
edit on 11/4/2012 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
My birth.

While I don't have sad tales of hardship to tell like some other members, I think my overall battle with Depression has taken an irreversible toll on my mental health and well-being. I just don't see any real purpose or value to my life and don't think the world would change for the worse if I were never born at all. It's a sad realisation to come to and I apologise if I upset anybody by saying so, but it feels like the truth to me.

I am very grateful for the things I do have and the experiences I have enjoyed and realise there are people far, far worse off than me. Unfortunately that doesn't bring me comfort. It actually kind of makes me feel worse knowing there are people that undergo such pain and suffering, who would trade everything they have, to have my life which is actually so void of happiness and fulfilment.
edit on 4/11/2012 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join