It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was stranded by the no fly list

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

We don't have any rights left. They are all illusions.

Evidently to travel where one pleases is a privilege not a right.

Soon the TSA will have checkpoints on the highways of the US and there will be a no drive or ride list. That is the trend I am seeing unless we do something about it.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The "No Fly List" is a typical bureaucratic solution to Governmental ineptitude. Because they don't admit they can't stop terrorists, they *pretend* to do something about it (which they use to justify their budgets) by willy-nilly putting *names* - not PEOPLE - just names, on some black list to prevent them from flying. They get to say they are doing something about the threat, and the public puts up with it because they don't know any better (public will go along because they 1) think it's helping making flying more secure (it's not) and 2) they trust the government's "expertise" - which is just another layer of illusion).

The typical Government thing to do in instances where they realize their bureaucratic ineptitude will be criticized (rightfully) by the public if their bungled process (if you can even call it a "process", which suggests some intelligent thought was put into it) was made plane as day, they *mask* the entire project behind a dark curtain of secrecy.

The Elephant-in-the-room here is obvious: If people who's names are on the No Fly List aren't allowed to fly, then we must assume that they are REAL THREATS, right? I mean, if they aren't allowed to fly, THERE MUST BE A REASON. So why on God's green earth isn't the Government arresting and jailing these "No Fly List" none-fliers!!!???

The answer: Because to do so would require them to prosecute these people, which would of course fall apart because the Government doesn't have a shred of prosecutable evidence against these "No Fly List" victims.

edit on 11/5/2012 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
heard you on alex jones, i wouldnt have been able to keep my cool as well as you did, but it must have been done shoving the constitution in the faces of people that are supposed to defend it...what a messed up situation

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by seven6two

You know its bad when you bring up the constitution, and they they can't even look you in the eyes. They knew they were wrong.

Freedoms is not free, we must be the change we want in the world and not back down when faced with violations of our rights.
edit on 5-11-2012 by SWCCFAN because: sp

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
And this is why I will never fly on a commercial airliner ever again.

Alas Europe, we shall never meet again.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I wasn't on the no-fly list last time I flew but I wonder if that will have changed by the next time I fly. People know me as the complete opposite of evil, and if I get put on that list they will be as puzzled as I will be. It doesn't make sense why innocent people with a good reputation are put on that list. I believe that if you're on a no-fly list, they should have a strong reason to why that is, and if that's the case then why haven't they probed everyone you know after arresting you fist? I feel that a no-fly list is beyond idiotic since it means that they think that you are a terrorist but aren't doing anything about it. Did I get something wrong here? Rather, am I doing something wrong just asking questions?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join