It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK The minimum wage problem.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by yg2bfkm

I have a lot of self respect, thus, my salary reflects this... those who don't have self respect; have a wage that reflects that.

Thou doth protest too much.

I think someone needs a hug.

edit on 5-11-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by yg2bfkm

I'm absolutely speechless!
This has to be a joke, you have to be a joke.
Your thinking is so twisted, so naive, so....strange, you have to be trolling.
Please be trolling...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by yg2bfkm

Hhhm lots of self respect but none for others? sounds like a sociopath to me.
Get help for the sake of your family.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by yg2bfkm

my signature reflects how i feel about your responses.
one bad day can change your life for the rest of.
if you go down i hope you go down easy. somehow i
get the feeling that when your world crashes, your sum
product will be unbridled rage.
take care it's a cruel world out there.
f.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I thought this was a forum for free, independent thought?

You lot would do well to try listening to an alternative point of view? No?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I've always wondered why people who are desperate like this don't take revenge on their oppressors. If your life is so bad and barely worth living, why not buy a gun and go kill the corporate whores who made your life this way?

Oh wait, you can't own a gun in the UK.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by yg2bfkm

Look at this little troll giving it the bigun! You are on the dole yourself, or you are a mummys boy who has never worked a day in his life, stop chatting crap!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I can understand the dude who says that you're paid what you're worth and that people should stop moaning etc. However, I think those days have gone. I don't think people are paid what they're worth at all. I don't think nurses are paid what they're worth, I don't think teachers are paid what they're worth, I don't think coppers are paid what they're worth, I don't think care workers are paid what they're worth, I don't think volunteers are paid what they're worth. The thing is, this government, previous government, BOE and business leaders have all engineered it so that the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

I used to think and still partly do, that each person is responsibilie for his/her destiny. However, having worked and currently working in roles that give me a real open look at how this country is I can say the following.

Honest average people are not going to make it.
Crime does pay.
Being foreigner pays.
Being a foreign criminal pays double.

With regards to public services in this country...

Every single one of them is getting worse and worse.

With all that in mind, with jobs being cut, with an ever increasing welfare bill, with a financial system based on printing money from nothing, do you think the price for you is any different than the price of some unemployed guy who has never worked? We're all the same. If you're a British worker on less than 50k a year, you're in this boat. If you're between 50k and 100k, you will be in this boat within five years. That's where this country is going. Its ok saying get a job equal to that which you value yourself, but when you have a thousand applications for that one job that you want, what's a guy/girl to do? When the guy next to you will work for pennies instead of pounds because he has social housing and several houses back in his native land where minimum wage is a rich salary, what choice does a company have that's completely based on profit?

This whole situtation has been engineered so that in the end, there is us and them. A welfare system that pays standard money to just literally get by and prop up standardised wages, while "they" live the lifestyle that will be that of dreams and we consist of a race of mindless zombies and drones. This is the future of Britain, that and endless stretches of crime ridden towns and cities (outside of London).

It's not just in this country either, this is across the planet!

Have a nice day.

edit on 5-11-2012 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by yg2bfkm

Can we guess what you do? I'm thinking estate agent for Foxtons who drives around in a branded mini?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Nah I reckon a super market assistant manager who try's to bully all the staff but they bully him instead
Thats why he is online trying to annoy us lot

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by yg2bfkm

I have lot's of time for alternative thoughts and beliefs - I have even more time for common courtesy, showing people the respect one expects from other's and having dignity and integrity, qualities that at present you seem to lack.

You also appear to miss the point that everyone deserves a fair days pay for a fair days work regardless of their so called social position etc.
Have we progressed so little as a society that we accept that people have to try and survive on subsitence level incomes all because their work is deemed unworthy of better?
And how quickly would our society breakdown if these people withdrew their labour?
Pretty damn quickly.
And how would you personally manage in such circumstances?

I understand that you have a different opinion to many that have been expressed, perhaps you'd get a bit better response if you expressed that opinion without seeking to belittle or denigrate.

It would be a shame if this thread was closed due to bickering and mudslinging.
edit on 5/11/12 by Freeborn because: grammar and clarity

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by zero1020

Oh wait, you can't own a gun in the UK.

So your solution is to shoot everyone?

indeed.

And so how do you explain the millions of low paid people in the US?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretFace

It's us v them because we operate under the market, if our work is crap we don't get paid, they have a welfare benefit
system the plebs pay for, and for cover get a few crumbs, but any threat to their wealth and this benefits system protects them from their own folly. Bank bailouts anyone, too big to fail sound familiar.

Life has a element of risk [ as it should be] but blowing the free market capitalist trumpet and then beg for a
handout which the wealthy did is disgusting and then criticizing anyone on benefits when the management of our Ni, tax contributions and economy is a farce is the un funniest joke i've experienced so far, and these monkeys are still
venerated by the clueless.

Equal opportunities for all, free market capitalism for all, or change the system to free lunch for all if not then everyone gets on by talent, hardwork or luck and good luck to the successful at least you earned it.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Well said in relation to the lack of courtesy shown by some.

Those who belittle the unemployed the poor ...who label them losers...they haven't understood .

We sit on our computers(ok at our computers?) and bitch about this and that...whilst literally hundreds of millions of human beings are scrounging in the dust for food and water.

Are they ripe to be belittled?

You did well to stand up for decency.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Edited: Never mind, waste of time.
edit on 5/11/12 by Mark Harris because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I wonder how many people start off with self-respect but then eventually have it ripped out of them due to people calling them disposable, nothing, weak and worthless? Even stone gets worn done by the corrosive drip-drip-drip over the years.

I'm not sure whether he's trolling per se, and he might well believes what he types, but this is definitely an 'on-screen persona' thing as he wouldn't get away with saying this to too many people's faces.

Also, the aforementioned relationship between self-respect and minimum wage is pretty fallacious. It's not the nature of this kind of work that's problematic - some of it is necessary, worthwhile and even rewarding - it's the remuneration that's the issue. Very different things and anyone who can't see this is desperately missing the point.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Just want to add, that the people who decided to get offended by my posts are meaningless to me. I laugh in your faces because you can't even see the forest for the trees. The fact is, you are underneath me in the food chain and you are happy being there? You even appear proud?? Lol, the mind boggles.

Don't moan about how life is unfair if you are not prepared to go out and change / take charge of your pitiful, disgusting lives.

Take note, you are an underclass. You're not working class, you're below that -- you are feral and you are worthless animals to the people who understand the game. Time to understand what you are -- once you understand, you can change.

No more tips from me, you're on your own now.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by yg2bfkm

Just want to add, that the people who decided to get offended by my posts are meaningless to me.

I'm not offended by you - I just think think you are an incredibly shallow individual - the sum of what you seem to offer is ridicule and attempts to belittle.

You seem to think you are something special but I assure you, you are an irrelevance.
You speak of food chains - I've # people like you both professionally and in my private life.

But the biggest difference between me and you is that I try to have some compassion and consideration for my fellow human beings.
I want to be part of a society that rewards hard work, endeavour and ingenuity whilst helping to protect, care for and enable the needy, sick, vulnerable and those less able or less fortunate.

You Sir seem to be symptomatic of all that is wrong with today's society and appear lacking in any redeeming features or attributes.

You assume some sort of superiority yet you've provided no evidence at all of anything other than a moderate and average intelligence and have offered nothing of substance or intellect to support your declarations.

No more tips from me,

That's good.

you're on your own now.

As I suspect you are and forever will be.

Spitefulness and malevolence tends to consume from within - I have no doubt you will become what you espouse.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Unfortunately for you, today's society isn't about patting each other on the back for our hard work. It's about taking advantage of the weak for personal gain; sad but true.

You get taken advantage of every day. Yes - you personally as well as the collective 'you'.

The government is abusing you every day because they can. Corporations are abusing you every day because they can; you are weak; and until you realize otherwise, you're going to be sh** on every day for the rest of your stinkin' life.

The fact that you people are happy being sh** on; and proud of it, is part of the reason why we're in this mess and the 'elite' laugh at this; they take joy in this and sleep happy in their beds at night because of this.

When you and everyone else wakes up and realizes that you're seen as a nothing, a nobody, disposable crap -- then there will be changes.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
You think the Queen of England really gives two hoots about a minimum wage?

You really think the Queen has compassion for her people? What about Prince William and Prince Harry -- they're just toffs that get everything handed to them on a plate -- and why shouldn't they, after all, it's their granny who's printed on the money, why should they respect it?

Their lives are just a big fun game; the worlds their oyster and as long as it stays like that; who gives a sh** about Mr Smith working in the care home? Lol. I don't. I don't care about any poverty or any hardship because it doesn't affect me and it won't affect me either. I think like the Queen of England thinks.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join