It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK The minimum wage problem.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

I think you may have mis-interpreted my response.

I asked rhetorical questions in an effort to advance the discussion etc - I think it's pretty clear that we are more or less singing from the same hymn sheet.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I fully agree.

Minimum Wage Laws URGENTLY need to be ENTIRELY REPEALED.

The whole concept of a "Minimum Wage" is an utterly corrupt.

Minimum Wage = Minimum unemployment

WHy should someone good enough to offer employment be faced with jail when someone who offers nothing get off Scot-free?

What is the point of forcing an employer to hire a Chinese contractor using Chinese dissidents in slave camps to do the work for nothing instead of hiring a Brit at, say 90% of Minimum Wage.

This is an utter, total and wicked scam.

MINIMUM WAGES NEEDS TO BE DONE AWAY WITH ENTIRELY.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
To all who have got offended at my previous post:

It's obvious that you/have family who are on/close to minimum wage and don't want to face up to the facts that your little university degree of some non-subject does NOT automagically get you your dream career. The world is NOT your oyster you little entitled twerps. Go out and stop monging out in front of your computer and get skills.... work your way up, if not, then you only have yourself to blame if you find yourself in that crappy dead end minimum wage job.

Be offended, be very offended, maybe it will hit home. Get up and do something, don't just sit there happyily rotting away whilst complaining about everyone and everything else that has enabled you to become this way, you're disgusting individuals and you make me sick.

What am I trying to give you plebs advice for anyway? You obviously have the wool so far pulled over your eyes that you think your way of thinking is normal. Stay happy living in your brain fogged crappy life!

All the more opportunities for me and my family! Ha ha! See ya later losers!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by yg2bfkm

Wow what a waste of a human life you are....have you no compassion for people? all we want is a fair wage for a fair weeks work.
The people you are slagging off are the people who take your bins away,cook your food, wait your table and wipe your arse when you get to old to do so.
Do not piss us off fella cos without us you would have nothing.

Like I said before we can't all have 40k a year jobs, some of us like what we are doing and put a lot of hard work into it.
You sound like an elitist SOB.
edit on 5-11-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

The only people I feel sorry for are the people with the learning disabilities that work the jobs you listed, they had no choice -- but you, who is at least intelligent enough to work a computer keyboard should aim higher.

Although you say that you moved profession to do a more worthy fulfilling job... so why complain about the wages? Why not do it for free?

Something tells me you're not telling us the full story.

(PS. I do look down on anyone over the age of 25 working one of the jobs you listed, I see them as nothing but disposable crap, who don't even respect themselves, so why should I respect them?)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by yg2bfkm

Wow just wow, what a horrid little man you are.
You say that the waiters, food makers should all be special needs jobs?
Wow you have to be a troll no one is that stupid.
Just because you may have a job which pays well doesn't mean we should all strive for what you have. I do a job which helps people and makes me feel good and has less chance of giving me a heart attack.
All we want is to be treated fairly and be payed what we are worth.
If we all get educated like you say who is going to give us the mega bucks jobs? cos people who are very educated can not get them at the moment so all you have bleated about is just rubbish.
What comes around goes around and from your attitude you have got it coming....remember that.
I learnt something long ago that your job doesn't define you as a human being, your actions do.
Like I said before you are an elitist scumbag if you think anyone doing one of those jobs listed is a crap human being.

Edit not falling for the Troll so Iam not going to respond any further to it.
edit on 5-11-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Oh and by the way, minimum wage is perfectly acceptable to live on.

Let me see.. what does someone who works minimum wage really need?

Cigarettes?
Booze?
Computers?
Internet?
Petrol?
Car Insurance?
Rent?
Food?

No no no.. that's the list of someone working a job above minimum wage... here's a list for someone who's working a job on minimum wage:

Food.
Rent.

Anything you can buy extra is a bonus and you should be very happy with that.

Problem is all you "me, me, me" entitled little twerps just want everything handed to you on a golden plate don't you?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

But you are being paid what you're worth.

You just need to wake up and smell the coffee -- you're a nothing, and until you prove otherwise, you'll always be a nothing.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Usually I'd say, shut up and get a job, or several, I've done it before, so too many other people...BUT!...

I do understand the issue and this is what gets to me about this ever declining mess of a country...

1) Minimum wage is too low! It does not reflect the minimum amount of income needed to live.
2) This is ok because benefits should top them up...Oh wait, the only do if you work less than 16 hours a week and even then as you don't pay income tax its a further drain!
3) People aren't working because the loss of benefits is too great a hit. I can completely understand this. Unless you're a single mother in state housing with 3 different kids from three different dads coining massive money, then you're in trouble.

Bottom line is, benefits should be used to prop up those people who work! If you don't work and you are not either disabled or retired, but are of working age, you should not get a single penny, nothing! If you work at least a minimum of 16 hours you should be able to have benefits that will prop you up, but the minimum wage should be increased to at least £9 hour, at least. However, profit margin of businesses would shrink over night and so this will never happen.

Enter the influx of immigrants, they work for nothing, don't care about bills as they are autonmatically set up in social housing. Many will know every single detail of how to get the most out of the system, others will know every single detail of how to commit money making crime. What do they care? If they get caught, they will be bailed unless its serious crime and then they can leg it, lay low, come back in a year or so! Hence the reason whenever the issue of immigration is brought up, who are the first to condemn any cut in immigration? The business sector!

I'll be honest, if you're British and you have nowhere else to go in the world, like us English folks, rinse the system! That's right, rinse it for every penny you can! I've worked and worked hard all my life and so too have my family, my parents and their parents and for what? For nothing, that's what! When I needed help I was told I was bottom of the list, only for friend in the area phoning me and telling me that another foreign family have just moved in to a 4 bed house and can't speak a word of English! Honestly, I'm totalyl sick of it! Rinse the system for all its worth, if they want to allow immigrants to do it then absolutely our own should be doing it.

They print money from nothing anyway, its worthless now, backed up only by thin air! Take what you can, its only going to get worse so why not. Believe me, if you were in my job, you would understand and relate to every single word that I have just said....That or you're English and have lived in East London.

Claim! Claim! Claim! It's only money!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by yg2bfkm

You just need to wake up and smell the coffee -- you're a nothing, and until you prove otherwise, you'll always be a nothing.

Last one before I log out, Iam nothing am I? No I'am somebody, a person who does his bit for the good of all.
We are all cogs in the wheel and to try and put someone down for the hard work they do is just wrong.
(Just a troll, Just a troll)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Originally posted by yg2bfkm

Last one before I log out, Iam nothing am I? No I'am somebody, a person who does his bit for the good of all.
We are all cogs in the wheel and to try and put someone down for the hard work they do is just wrong.
(Just a troll, Just a troll)

I'm not putting you down; I'm telling you what you are in my eyes. If you listen to me you might be able to make something of yourself.

However, you seem happy enough on the bottom of the pile and I am happy enough with that, someone has to be on the bottom and if you are actually happy about that - then what do I care?

In fact; what am I doing? I will change my tune, just in case all of you bottom pilers start wakening up.

YOU ARE A RESPECTED MEMBER OF THE COMMUNITY... YOU ARE ALL PART OF THE COGS....

Yes... yes... keep telling yourself that, minion.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Does anyone else in this thread think beezer and Neo have logged onto their trolling accounts?

I might be wrong though because the pleb remark in one of the posts made me think we've got a couple of Tory mp's that don't like their work for the banksters derided.

edit on 5/11/2012 by JustXeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Ignoring the Troll now, but the minimum wage is not enough. In London many companies have joined the living wage scheme, they worked out that living on minimum wage puts us under the basic living standards IE: no standard of living so they have raised it to over £8 an hour, this makes worker happy because they do not get stressed about money and overall saves the companies money because of less sick days etc.
Hopefully more and more companies will realise that a happy workforce is a productive one.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Ignoring the Troll now, but the minimum wage is not enough. In London many companies have joined the living wage scheme, they worked out that living on minimum wage puts us under the basic living standards IE: no standard of living so they have raised it to over £8 an hour, this makes worker happy because they do not get stressed about money and overall saves the companies money because of less sick days etc.
Hopefully more and more companies will realise that a happy workforce is a productive one.

Wish my firm would do that. I am about 40p above National minimum wage, when for what I do, people are easily earning about 2-2.5k a month.

They seem to think this is acceptable...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by yg2bfkm

I'm not putting you down; I'm telling you what you are in my eyes. If you listen to me you might be able to make something of yourself.
What like coming across as a pompous troll. Why is such a great and important person like you doing spending hours posting to plebs?

Mate you come across as being one of a few people that are not worth minimum wage and I seriously doubt if you have any job at all

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by colin42
reply to post by yg2bfkm

What like coming across as a pompous troll. Why is such a great and important person like you doing spending hours posting to plebs?

Mate you come across as being one of a few people that are not worth minimum wage and I seriously doubt if you have any job at all

Lol Collin. Great post, lol fantastic. _clapping his hands_

You'd love to think that wouldn't you?

But no, I've got a job that I love doing and I'm also very happy with my pay.

If I was working for minimum wage, however, I would only have myself to blame. That's the crux of this argument, no need to get personal.

Oh, and I'm not your mate, pal.
edit on 5-11-2012 by yg2bfkm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by yg2bfkm

If I was working for minimum wage, however, I would only have myself to blame. That's the crux of this argument, no need to get personal.
You are the guy that is posting the personal attacks.

First earning a minimum wage is not a punishment or something to be ashamed about. It was meant to be a bottom line or a starting point.

The Ignorant, self important and greedy have turned it into the least they can get away with paying so it is they that are abusing the system.

I would have to see your P45 to accept you are even employable.

The bile and hatred you seem eager to spew out paints a picture of a sad angry little individual that likes to knock down others to make themselves look bigger, and you have failed at that as well.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by yg2bfkm

Pretty much full of yourself aren't you.

Now I'm not going to get involved in petty mudslinging with someone who obviously has so little of any positive value or worth to offer.

You set yourself up to demean and humiliate other's for having the misfortune to have to work for minimum wage.

Who the hell do you think you are?

Everybody on this earth is due simple respect and courtesy and everyone deserves more than subsistence level wages for honest toil and graft.

You think you are something special?
I suspect you are the one wallowing in mediocrity and the mundane.
I also suspect that in real life you have achieved absolutely nothing - a big fat zero.

You appear to lack any level of compassion or empathy and seek to assume some sort of moral highground based on what? - you're ability or fortune to earn more than minimum wage?
You think that gives you the right to completely dismiss and disrespect literally millions of people?

The sum of your arguement seems to be that those on minimum wage don't deserve anything better and that they haven't applied themselves.
Hardly the most intellectual giant are you?

You haven't deemed us worthy enough to reveal exactly how much you earn or how you are employed but I'd really be interested in knowing and how you justify it if you earn more than minimum wage.

By the way, I am 47 years old, uneducated, come from a council estate......and I'm semi-retired.
edit on 5/11/12 by Freeborn because: typo

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by yg2bfkm

People like you are the reason the world is in the state it is.
Screw anyone else, they're nothing. This unit of measurement we call money is more important than these little philistines and I will step on any head to obtain as much of it as I can. Anyone who has low income is just weak anyway, weak little peasant, and it's their own fault for having such a peasant life.
They should lick my shoes clean for just enough money to get by, and to be greatful for it.
After all, do they think money grows on trees? It's not like we can magic money into existence out of thin air.

Your mentality is what I imagine elite bankers to be.
edit on 5-11-2012 by SpaceMonkeys because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
To the posters above:

I don't need to prove myself to anyone here; also, if you feel as though I am putting others down; that's not my fault you feel that way, like I'm putting you down. That's your own weak attitude.

If you can't stand the heat - get out of the kitchen. It must hurt looking in the mirror?

Let's face it, if you're worth more than minimum wage, you'll be in a job, like myself, that pays what you're worth.

I have a lot of self respect, thus, my salary reflects this... those who don't have self respect; have a wage that reflects that.

And don't tell me that you work minimum wage and also have self respect, those are contradictory terms.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join