Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Psycho-Pass

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Just came across this new anime series called Psycho-Pass and I thought a few people here might find the story intriguing. I've watched the first episode and it seems pretty good. Here's a description of the anime:

The series takes place in the near future, when it is possible to instantaneously measure and quantify a person's state of mind and personality. This information is recorded and processed, and the term "Psycho-Pass" refers to a standard used to measure an individual's being. The story centers around the "enforcement officer" Shinya Kougami, who is tasked with managing crime in such a world.

In the future, it is possible to quantitatively measure a person's emotions, desires, and every inclination. In this way, it is also possible to measure a person's criminal tendency factor, which is used to judge criminals.

The story of Psycho-pass is relatively simple. It takes place in the far future, where they have a system called "Sibyl" that judges and tests peoples' personality, skills, emotions, desires, etc, to get an overall analysis of who is mentally unhealthy. Taking a mental screening is called a "Psycho-pass" and is done by Enforcers (basically police) with their guns (called Dominators).

People who are deemed as mentally unhealthy are called "latent criminals" (as in, they have the possibility of becoming a criminal) and are taken in for treatment. If possibilities of rehabilitation are deemed zero, they can either be taken to an isolation complex, or take up the role of a "hunting dog" - which are basically latent criminals who hunt down other latent criminals.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Thanks ill check it out, I just finished watching all the fairy tail episodes! and boy oh boy did that give me mix emotions when certain characters died
and in real life i am as manly as you can get at work.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by FeelingPure

lol Fairy Tail is fairly decent, definitely has a good story line. Fairy Tail is nothing compared to some other animes though (when it comes to sad anime). I can't remember any really depressing ones off the top of my head, but I've seen a few.

Keep in mind Psycho-Pass isn't dubbed yet, so you'll have to watch it subbed.

edit: just remembered a few with really sad parts: Gurren Lagann, Gantz, Blood+
edit on 3/11/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

thanks i will look them up!!

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The opening to Psycho-Pass is absolutely awesome:

Here's a rough English translation of the lyrics:

My head is overflowing with thoughts I can't allow anyone to know about.

I've strayed into a world void of even mistakes.

It's being rubbed in so deep it's hard to believe.

This "world" that holds only what the eye can see.

Can I flush out the truth?

Plastic Tac Tic, no one can go crazy anymore.

You, too, are in a plastic beautiful world.

In a world with too much beauty, for some reason I can't see the light.

My bursting heart is an eternal reflection.

Secret remains for you. Secret remains for you.

Don't expose these false colors and futures.

Fake's plastic world keep it in motion.

top topics

join