It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Romney is one of the most dishonest, duplicitous candidates to ever seek the presidency" - NYTime

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Evidence continues to emerge that Romney is one of the most dishonest, duplicitous candidates to ever seek the presidency.

He criticized Obama for telling then-President Dmitri Medvedev of Russia that he would have “more flexibility” to deal with sensitive issues between the two countries after he won re-election. Romney said this was particularly troubling given that Russia “is without question our No. 1 geopolitical foe.”

However, according to a report on Friday in The New York Times, Romney’s son Matt recently travelled to Russia and delivered a message to President Vladimir Putin:

“Mr. Romney told a Russian known to be able to deliver messages to Mr. Putin that despite the campaign rhetoric, his father wants good relations if he becomes president, according to a person informed about the conversation.”

It sounds as though he was signalling that Mitt would do exactly what he had castigated Obama for: operate with “more flexibility” after the election.

This is the kind of hypocrisy that just makes you shake your head in disbelief.

www.nytimes.com...
edit on 3-11-2012 by longlostbrother because: (no reason given)

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread Page):
AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on 11/3/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Ohh im so happy when this puppet/muppetshow is finally over. They are ALL muppets... They are playing a game with us. I don´t even care who is the president... Why? Because Im not new to conspiracys. Bring it...

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

Nah.....

The author has it all backasswards. ( is that his Real name ?
)

It's Obama that lost momentum.

The whole jobs thing has been lingering too long.

The Benghazi boondoggle is a politicians nightmare.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
It goes along with his lies about the jeep plant, supposedly moving U.S. jobs to China. He has got employees calling their employer asking what is going on. Turns out they are expanding in China, but adding jobs here in the states and not sending them overseas.
It is amazing that a Mormon can get up there in public and lie so consistently.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

The New York Times is the most dishonest, duplicitous Leftist/Marxist newspaper in the entire world - bar none.

"All the trash that's unfit to print!"

Go here for truth in broadcast journalism...........FOX NEWS SITE
Fair and Balanced - All the news that fit to report - un-biased - objective - truthful.

edit on 3-11-2012 by Vitruvian because: txt

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
So let me get this straight...

Some guy, who knows somebody, who is familiar with some conversation that is supposed to have happened with some other guy who is maybe able to talk to Putin, says...blah, blah, blah.

Right, very conclusive.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
What a loser, "one of" is really just another way of saying runner up, second place at best.

To be fair to Romney though he has faced very tough competition. I think it is very unlikely that obama will surrender his title of "THE most dishonest, duplicitous candidates to ever seek the presidency" and he has indeed set the bar quite high (or low if you prefer) for all future candidates, essentially the Babe Ruth or Joe DiMaggio of politicians it could take generations to surpass his records of deceit and treachery.
edit on 3-11-2012 by KaiserSoze because: Your mom told me to

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitruvian

The New York Times is the most dishonest, duplicitous Leftist/Marxist newspaper in the entire world - bar none. "All the trash that's unfit to print!" Go here for truth in broadcast journalism...........FOX NEWS SITE Fair and Balanced - All the news that fit to report - un-biased - objective - truthful.

I found your post so incredibly absurd and delusional that i had to give it a star.

Good day to you sir!

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Is it possible that blatant dishonesty can win the white house? stay tuned...

Pic1 Source
Mitt-stique Source

edit on 3-11-2012 by LiveEquation because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
What does it matter what Romney is? The voters will have no say in who is elected, the GOP control the voting apparatus in this country and will "elect" their chosen one.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveEquation

Of course it is, it did last time. It seems to be a pretty simple process, say whatever it takes to get elected then do whatever the hell you want after elected.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
No matter what Romney really is I'd venture to say he's better than that sorry excuse for a president we currently have residing at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

Thank goodness that pretender only has 3 more days left before he is sent the message of a lifetime - the American people DO NOT want you around anymore!

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I know people in Unions that are going to vote for Romney EVEN THOUGH he has stated he would sign a "National Right to Work Law" if it ever crossed his desk as President.

Yes, folks out there are that stupid.

If he get elected, i hope they cut off Red state handouts first since they are the worst at taking government funds.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

What does it matter what Romney is? The voters will have no say in who is elected, the GOP control the voting apparatus in this country and will "elect" their chosen one.

Voters have to beat the Margin of error or it will look obvious. Ohio appears to be beating the margin of error. Obama currently has 51 percent of the vote in Ohio and a 5 point lead in polls.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seeker Mom
No matter what Romney really is I'd venture to say he's better than that sorry excuse for a president we currently have residing at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

Thank goodness that pretender only has 3 more days left before he is sent the message of a lifetime - the American people DO NOT want you around anymore!

I think it was a TYPO
"Romney is one of the most dishonest, duplicitous candidates to ever seek the presidency" - NYTime,

They meant to say it thissa waaaay.

"Barack Hussein Obama" is one of the most dishonest, duplicitous candidates to ever seek re-election to the presidency of these United States" - NYTime,
edit on 3-11-2012 by Vitruvian because: txt

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Although I agree, you can also place Obama in the headline and it would still remain true. Same for placing Bush in there or Clinton. Heck, you could put any politicians name in that headline and it would remain true.

And anyways, I quit reading NYTimes a while ago. I've done that for pretty much every media outlet and prefer to get my news from places like ATS where several opinions are voiced regarding the issue.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Is this a surprise to anyone? Romney is the most obvious lier in politics I have seen in my life time. He changes his story constantly depending on who he is talking with. Perhaps he may be better than Obama, but I wouldn't ever trust a thing Romney says.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

We all know that politicians have a tendency to sometimes not tell t he truth.

Romney is simply INCAPABLE of stating ANYTHING that is true nor does he care if you know it or not. He's a stone cold liar.

A stone cold liar backed by Bush cronies and Neo-cons that put this country in the crapper after riding high during the Clinton years.

No way IN HELL do i want to go back to those days.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join