It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outrage In The Powerless Zone: A Dispatch From Downtown Manhattan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Here is an article that I recently found concerning current events in NY and it doesn't look quite that good.. Hopefully it will be useful to some of you.. Here is the the link: gothamist.com...
edit on 3-11-2012 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
while not really much of a surprise i am shocked that there seems to be no real help. the fact seems to be that in the great united states, help is reserved for OTHER countries that suffer disaster in hopes they will like us better, while when disaster strikes in north america help is rather meager and slow to come. where is FEMA? where is the red cross? for that matter where is the salvation army? where even is CANADA the city of Toronto is not that far away, and has fairly close ties.i know that the transit authority there the TTC has offered help to the New York transit system, they continually loan snow removal equipment in the winter to New York. after 911 both cops and firemen headed down almost before it was all over. so why is not any help even coming from there now? where is ANY help for one of the largest cities, one of the most productive cities in the united states? i personally would have thought getting New York back on it's feet would be a priority. i am rather disturbed at the seeming lack of ANY help happening. even temporary portable generators would be a big help, doesn't New York have any? if they don't other cities around should, as well as north of the border.

anyone know the general time it takes to get us aid across the world after a disaster? i bet it is a heck of a lot faster than in the united states where a good chunk of aid normally comes from.

maybe they should have accepted the aid from Iran, at least they seemed willing to help where apparently the home government can't seem to be bothered, is there some kind of UN rule that states aid must only come from other countries or something? i just can't understand WHY for TWO NATIONS that are always sending aid around the world as soon as a disaster strikes, close to home, that New York, is seeming left in the cold. at least in Katrina FEMA seemed to at least TRY to HELP,

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
That link is to a report 72 hours ago.. its much worse now.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by generik

Something is way different with this than it was with the Katrina response. With Katrina you had all kinds of help from other states. With Sandy it's like the help is not wanted from the New York Mayor. From what I've seen so far he just don't care about the people suffering.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by elmrich

yeah he is so disconnected from NYC that it is criminal. He is a jerk in the opinion of most NYers.

then there is the fact that for some reason it is easy to hate NY. Add to that that the states that might help have their own problems. Katrina was bad, but this affected several states and MILLIONS of people.

The death toll is still coming in. People have no idea. They see a MSM report and think ," oh well then things are fine, people just want to bitch." then they get on their kick about us not being prepared. Like you can plan for a metropolitan city in the 21st century to not have power for many days....:!?!? I would like to see how London, Paris, Madrid, ect deal with their infrastructure being destroyed and their people going cold and hungry for days on end.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
San F for the links!

am pretty sure the MSM isn't covering the 1/2 of it!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Didn't Iran offer to help? And they got refused...

Makes you think.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Can't let the country know just how bad it is yet! Obama's approval ratings are up and the election is only a few days away!

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I heard a caller on a radio show thursday or friday, texas, georgia and other states have sent electrical crews to help get the power back on. Houston sent 60 trucks. The caller said that the georgia workers were turned back at the state line and told to go home because they weren't union.

I don't know if its true, the media certainly wouldn't cover it. If it is true then NYers need to look to some of the providers and tell them to get off it. When help is sent it shouldn't be turned away.

I also heard an interview of an elderly woman in NY. She was talking to some city official but it wasn't clear who it was. She said "where is the government help". "Where are the trucks with food and water". The official had to ask someone else in the group and his voice really sounded like "someone get this old broad away from me, she is messing up the photo op". You could tell from her voice that she was truly terrified about dying because of no food or water or heat.

I feel for the people there. I've been through hurricanes here. They aren't fun regardless of the idiots having parties. Texas still has people from Hurricane Rita that have never received assistance other than a blue tarp for the roof.

I sincerely hope the people get some help. I don't think the government will do much more than it takes to make themselves look good. Help each other out. Do what you can for each other and know that a lot of us are thinking about you and praying for you.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Fema what a joke.
Sadly pathetic
They need disband and held accountable for the money they have blown on all these disaster drills they have been partying it up on. We don`t need some pathetic well that drill was a success when they fail during times like these.

top topics

join