It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Genuine Question - What makes a Paedophile....?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I think Newcovenant summed it up pretty well. Combined with the ongoing moral decay, I also think that is why the issue appears to be growing steadily worse. Most offenders impact a lot of kids and I think most internalize the trauma, but it seems like a higher percent are perpetuating the behavior now.

I'm not as old as 52, but I was riding bike or walking to school every day from when I stated grade school. I rode my bike all over town, often alone at that age, never an issue, my parents knew I crossed the streets safely and that's all they really had to worry about. The issue seems so much more prevalent now that though older, I don't let my child go alone to the store only a mile away.

Look at your local Police website for the registered sex offender list/map and you will be stunned by how many there are. Keep in mind that those are only the ones who have been tried and convicted, not those who have been accused or those who have not even gotten caught yet. Almost no one gets a DUI the first time they drive under the influence and I wouldn't be surprised if the sex- offender registry actually represents a mere 5 or 10% of the real number for the same reason. In the right position these people can impact an incredible amount of kids, and with others enabling it by looking the other way it can be many decades before they are brought to justice, Jerry Sandusky is a prime example.

Obviously this has always been a problem, it just seems much worse now. How much worse we may never really know but I think it is trending towards more prevalent here is an example.

When I was a kid divorced was taboo but you just didn't hear about single moms, other than divorced. Today over 40% of all kids are now born to a single mother and 3/4 of black kids are, also detrimental to the kids and society and also steadily increasing as kids accept it as normal and continue the pattern. I mention it because these percentages are easily verifiable and there really is no grey area, they are what they are and the trend is clearly steadily increasing,

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Question - What makes a Paedophile....?

in my believe, it is destiny or fate. no human decides to become paedophile. maybe it is something spiritual, soul related ?

That's just plain nonsense. Obviously, there is a perfectly sane explanation for every case. A need to fill a void. Neglected kid who was violated as a child or who lacked attention or affection. The exact cause varies but, ultimately, they are trying to fill a need.

Whatever the case, if they act on it...there is no excuse and if forensic evidence or overwhelming evidence points to guilt, pedophiles should be given the death penalty with no delay in the execution.
edit on 3-11-2012 by Unidentified_Objective because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Unidentified_Objective

That's just plain nonsense.

ok, we have 2 different opinions. my argument is, paedophilia is a form of desecration and defilement. desecration is a method to gain power. it is fate, because the goal is to destroy the sexual artlessness.

<< 1   >>

join