It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Genuine Question - What makes a Paedophile....?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
After reading the story below

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and reading about the disappearence / murder of the young girl in Wales along with all sorts of other hineous crimes I have a genuine question for ATS.....

What causes someone to become a Paedophile.....?

I'm really curious why the mind of someone becomes so perverse and twisted to start into this sad and disgusting area...........

I'm no physcologist or anyone related to the study of the human mind but this topic really disturbs me and i'm interested to hear from others about what they think is the cause.......

Regards

PDUK

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Might as well ask what causes a person to murder,or rape, or torture small animals.

Something's wrong, sociopathic tendencies. Is it a mental illness, or true evil? Guess that depends on your personal views.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Question - What makes a Paedophile....?

in my believe, it is destiny or fate. no human decides to become paedophile. maybe it is something spiritual, soul related ?

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

That is a very complicated question, there is certainly evidence that many of the abusers were themselves victim of past abuse. In the light of recent events the term has been used quite frequently, and often incorrectly let me explain what I mean.

If a human being has been through puberty they are know longer physically a child, so technically if the person that was abused is below the age of consent the abuser is not a pedophile but sex offender, and is guilty of statutory rape.

If a person of the same sex sexually abuses a person that has been through puberty but is under the age of consent , the abuser is a predatory homosexual, and is also guilty of statutory rape.

If a person a abuses another person that has not been through puberty then, and only then can they termed a pedophile.

Pedophile's by definition carry out sexual offences against the pre-pubescant.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
The same reason people like certain things and dislike other things. It's all psychological, ie, like a fetish. One of love's "perversions."

We've all got different tastes... variety = spice of life, but not everyone likes the same ones.
edit on 3/11/12 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
It's an interesting question. Some of it is a cultural thing. I mean it was considered normal in Rome at one point. Jerry lee Lewis married his 13 year old cousin. There are loads of cases throughout history. Not defending in any way just adding another angle to your line of questioning.

It is different what we are currently witnessing in this day and age in my opinion. It's about consent and having set a legal age in our more advanced and civilised societies, where we hopefully understand the needs of younge people better. We have set a standard that should not be crossed, so when it is crossed it becomes abhorrent.

I hope that makes some sense.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I don't think it's soul related, i believe we enter this world with a new soul ( For Example Empty USB) as we live life we start to gather information (DATA) while we go through the stages of (Childhood - Teenage Phase - Adult Hood) we go through challenging life experiences some good some bad, Some people say to pick up a certain personality you need to undergo peer pressure, Different ingredients of life experiences will result to who you are at adult hood.., along the way you eventually pick up bad thoughts (Virus In DATA)

Though this is only the beginning on what makes a pedo as i wouldn't want to know the rest....
edit on 3-11-2012 by FeelingPure because: missing words

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
A lot of times people just misinterpret what they see, my girlfriend and I went out to a restaurant last night, and some of the other diners started calling me a 'pedo' and a 'cradle robber.' All because I'm a 52 year old man with a 21 year old girlfriend. It totally ruined our 10 year anniversary meal.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

By any Chance, Do you have long hair???? just curious that's all!

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack

Question - What makes a Paedophile....?

in my believe, it is destiny or fate. no human decides to become paedophile. maybe it is something spiritual, soul related ?

I think you cannot discount childhood trauma and I do know the number one cause of someone to become a pedophile is having been molested themselves in youth. This action imprints them dramatically, In order to justify the attack on their own innocence they figure this is OK - this is normal - this is what everyone does. When they find out later on it was wrong and they were harmed it is already imprinted. Now there are some people out there with mental issues who are not right in the head. Combine that lack of empathy and inability to humanize others in your head with a childhood of abuse and you have Superstorm conditions creating the worst kind of abuser.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSoze
All because I'm a 52 year old man with a 21 year old girlfriend. It totally ruined our 10 year anniversary meal.

WTF 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY?

.. so she became your girl friend at 11 years old while you were 42???

Dude WTF

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by FeelingPure

I see what you did there, both subtle, and topical

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

A lot of times people just misinterpret what they see, my girlfriend and I went out to a restaurant last night, and some of the other diners started calling me a 'pedo' and a 'cradle robber.' All because I'm a 52 year old man with a 21 year old girlfriend. It totally ruined our 10 year anniversary meal.

Shouldn't this be in the jokes section Pedo?

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

That's an odd question.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Back to the topic, Well what ever makes a pedophile, Id sure wouldn't want to be a pedophile during a zombie Apocalypse because i definitely will consider it as a zombie!!
edit on 3-11-2012 by FeelingPure because: missing words

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Not really, pretty average.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
In my experience, Paedophiles are often created by other Paedophiles. The abuse I suffered as a child and young adult was partly to satisfy my abusers perversions, and partly to turn me in to one of them, by teaching me how to groom other children and young adults for them.

I thank god every day that I never became what my conditioning tried to make me. On the flip-side however, I'm pretty handy with NLP and the general manipulation of most circumstances because of the conditioning I underwent. I also have a high pain tolerance because of the beatings/torture, which is handy considering the life I've had to lead. So at least I got something out of it other than the constant nightmares and PTSD.

It's a sad world really.

Rev

edit on 3/11/2012 by revmoofoo because: ETA

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Not really, pretty average.

I think feeling pure with the question about the length of your hair is making reference to the actions of recently disgraced, deceased UK celebrity.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Being sexually abused as a child, without help from other family, dysfunction overall in the family, isolated in the abuse, is the number one causation of it. As with all psycopathy.

And, being in elite famlies and tortured, and abused and systematically broken by their rituals and Mkultra like abuses.

And hefty programming by brutal regimes as parts of the world have this in higher amounts.

ITS CONTROL/EXTREME ABUSE AND BULLYING AND ITS FROM THE TOP DOWN.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

... you cannot discount childhood trauma ...

i don't. but my believe is, childhood trauma are fate, too. they are no coincidence.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join