It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rabbi group protects Palestinians from Jewish settlers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 03:50 AM
link   
A group of activists called 'Rabbis for Human Rights' is trying to stop the harassment and violence by Jewish settlers against Palestinians.

The Rabbis and some foreigners accompany the Palestinians harvesting their crops to give protect them from radical Jewish settlers.

The situation with the settlers and Palestinians is really bad but you wouldn't know it from watching Fox News. They only seem to report on attacks on Israelis not attacks by Israelis.

BBC: Ugly war over West Bank olive crop

...Sometimes the settlers throw stones at the farmers. Sometimes they set dogs on them. A few days ago, a villager was shot dead.

On the wooded slopes below the settlement of Tappuah, one Palestinian farmer, Hekmat Abdul Rahman, only feels confident enough to continue with the harvest because he and his workers are accompanied by activists from a group called Rabbis for Human Rights.

"We can't come here," says Hekmat. "This is our land, but when any one of us came to here, they came. They bring dogs."...

The article also states that two days ago, a group of settlers in another village attacked Palestinians with sticks telling them to go away.
The group, Rabbis for Human Rights, is filing daily reports on the violence and intimidation.

It's good to know that someone is trying to do something about this situation.

Reform Jewish Rabbi Richard Kirschen, 41, who moved to Israel with his family from New York two months ago and is an acivist in the left-wing Rabbis For Human Rights group, helps Palestinians harvest their olives as he protects them with his presence from settler attacks October 19, 2004 at the Palestinian village of Beit Furiq, in the West Bank. The villagers have lost land and olive groves to the neighboring militant Jewish settlement of Itamar and believe the settlers have prevented them from harvesting their olives for most of the past 5 years.

BEIT FURIQ, WEST BANK - OCTOBER 19: Jessica Marcy (C), a 27-year-old nursing student from Anchorage, Alaska, and a volunteer activist in the International Solidarity Movement For Palestine, helps Palestinians harvest their olives as she protects them with her presence from settler attacks, October 19, 2004 at the West Bank Palestinian village of Beit Furiq.

lin k

The website for the group:
Rabbis for Human Rights

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Good effort by good people!

Its called SOLIDARTIY, some crazy idea these polish dockers had some time ago.. we need lots more of it!

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 04:53 AM
link   
They are also trying to prevent the demolition of Palestinian homes and are unfortunately paying a high price for their efforts.

Rabbis for Human Rights

In April 2003, Rabbi Arik Ascherman, Executive Director of the Rabbis for Human Rights, together with Ori Omer, and Shai Eliezer Tzvi found themselves between a bulldozer and a home destined for demolition. Despite their non violent protest, the homes were destroyed, leaving two large extended families homeless within minutes. The three were arrested and charged with interfering with police in the execution of their duties. If convicted, they face up to three years in jail or a fine.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I found a story about this southafrican who went over there for similar reasons. He would walk palestinian kids to shool, but was beaten up horribly one day. He also has had racist gaffiti painted on a wall opposite his flat. Let me see if i can find the link.

Edit Here's A link couldn't find the original article i read but its the same story..

www.sfbayview.com...

[edit on 20/10/2004 by Corinthas]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
"Palestinians" are taught as kids that Jews are the offspring off pigs. They are taught to hate the Jews from the beginning. The "palestinians" are not innocent. As a culture they are hateful and dangerous. Are there any alims walking Israelis to school in the settlements? Why do the "palestinians" celebrate every time there is a bomb that kills Jews?

[edit on 10/20/2004 by verfed]

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by verfed
"Palestinians" are taught as kids that Jews are the offspring off pigs. They are taught to hate the Jews from the beginning. The "palestinians" are not innocent. As a culture they are hateful and dangerous. Are there any alims walking Israelis to school in the settlements? Why do the "palestinians" celebrate every time there is a bomb that kills Jews?

You can't even say their name with out using ""!!!
This is the real problem, when you say "palestinians" you deny they even exist... and THIS IS WHY ISRAEL DOESN"T EVEN LOOK AT A TWO STATE SOLUTION! Even large parts of the Isreali "left" doesn't even accept there is such a thing as a palestinian!

I have had the pleasure to have been to school with two of the most right-wing Israelis.. twins they were (some breeding programme no doubt) anyhoo these guys made Nazis look like moderates...

Edit spelling

[edit on 25/10/2004 by Corinthas]

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by verfed
The "palestinians" are not innocent. As a culture they are hateful and dangerous.

[edit on 10/20/2004 by verfed]

That's some of the most racist bull# I've read in months.

The "israelis" are not innocent. As a culture they are hateful and dangerous.

Sound different? Maybe it should, because both statements are #ING INSANE and only a brainwashed individual would believe them.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
"palestinians" are no different then the Jordanians. They are no different then the Egyptians. Yassar Arafat himself is Egyptian. Arafat invented the "palestinian" people to get a country of his own. The surrounding Arab countries use the "palestinian" refugees as a bargaining tool against the Israelis. The refuse to allow them to become citizens. Israeli Arabs are much better off then the "palestinians" Israel has has built so many schools and even a few universites in the "west bank" Of course the "west bank" is quite run down now due to the first and second intifada.

"If you give an Israeli a stone he'll build a country. If you give a "palestinian" a stone he'll throw it in your face."

[edit on 10/25/2004 by verfed]

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I really commend those rabbis, because part of reconciliation is showing your enemy that you are not what he thinks you are. It's a long, hard and lengthy process, but those rabbis are saints for doing this. And I'm sure that if you dig enough you'll find at least a few instances of Israelis and Palestinians working really hard to stop the hate.

Unless you're a poster I won't name and feel that the Palestinians are all terrorists, without exception.

new topics

top topics

join