It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FL Gov. Rick Scott Refuses to Extend Days for Early Voting Despite Hours Long Lines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

The attempt to hold down Democratic turnout is obvious. In prior years, more Democrats than Republicans have taken advantage of early voting. Many African-American church congregations organized trips to the polls after Sunday services.

So, this year Republicans allowed only one Sunday of early voting.

blogs.palmbeachpost.com...

Here's one person's account of trying to vote early in Florida:

I tried to vote early on Saturday, but there were two-hour lines at the only open polling station in South Beach. So I gave up. I tried again Monday, but the wait was still an hour and a half. So I decided to come back Tuesday. It took 45 minutes in line, plus 15 minutes wading through 10 pages of intentionally incomprehensible ballot questions, but I voted. If I didn't have such a flexible work schedule, and if I didn't write about public policy for a living”maybe I wouldn't have.

From the same article:

This is why Governor Rick Scott and Florida’s Republican legislature eliminated nearly half of our state’s early voting days this year: They don’t want to make it easier for Floridians to vote, because high turnout favors Democrats. As I wrote in the magazine last week, federal judges and local election officials have blocked most of the GOP’s efforts to make voting harder across the nation, from voter-ID restrictions to convoluted registration rules to new limits on early voting.

But they haven’t blocked everything, and in a close election, minor inconveniences could make a major difference.

swampland.time.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
What no one in ATS want to bite? If this was a democratic state that was doing something to suppress the republican vote, this would have like 20 pages already.

The only thing I hope is that people vote much more in favor for Obama so that the Republican's voter suppression doesn't work.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
ATS seems to be a dominantly republican forum. I am no citizen of the USA but I remember your 2000 elections, terrible story. And one would hope voting in Florida is better organised than in 2000, but it is still a bloody mess. It. Even the basics of democracy are violated.

early voting Florida, 4th of novembre

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The Republicans are doing EVERY dirty under-handed, unethical, despicable trick in the book to try and win this election. They are TRULY disgraceful bastards whom deserve NOBODY'S vote. It has truly gotten to a point that is just beyond imagination. First it was Ron Paul, and now anyone who stands in their way. BASTARDS.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flow101
What no one in ATS want to bite? If this was a democratic state that was doing something to suppress the republican vote, this would have like 20 pages already.

The only thing I hope is that people vote much more in favor for Obama so that the Republican's voter suppression doesn't work.

ATS and conspiracy theorists in general are right-wingers... paranoid delusions, etc.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

Of course he did.

He has been trying to supress the vote for the past 6 months, this is the GOPs strategy. Lie (Romney) and Cheat (GOP Governors).

Thankfully, it's looking like they aren't going to be able to deny enough voters to steal this for Romney.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
www.examiner.com...

Voters in Ohio and Kansas have said that some voting machines used in early voting are changing Romney votes for Obama, two separate reports said Wednesday.

www.foxnews.com... i think all sides are up to shenigans

www.washingtonpost.com... 8_blog.html

www.9news.com...

www.denverpost.com...

www.theblaze.com...

new topics

top topics

join