It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon Dept. of Justice Confirms Investigation of GOP Ballot Tampering in Clackamas County

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

The Oregon Department of Justice is confirming today that it is investigating a case of ballot tampering by an elections official in Clackamas County, OR after it was discovered that she was allegedly filling in unvoted ballots for Republican candidates.

www.bradblog.com...

According to the local paper:

A Clackamas County elections worker is under criminal investigation for tampering with ballots, WW has learned.

The underlying allegation is that the woman, whose name has not been released, filled in blanks on ballots turned into the county for the Nov. 6 general election.

Sources familiar with the incident say their understanding is that the woman filled in a straight Republican ticket on the ballots where preferences had been left blank by voters.

Elections law makes marking another person's ballot a class C felony.

www.wweek.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
nawww....

Oregon is all Democrat.

The Governor, the State Attorney General, etc.

Of course they will set up something like this.

It's good press and justifies their own existence.

This article says the woman is a "temp" worker !!!!!!

P-E-R-F-E-C-T ............ they arrest her under an assumed name, she jumps bail, and no more heard from

On the eve of a critical local vote, the state of Oregon is investigating Clackamas County’s election division for possible voter fraud.

The state is looking into a potential issue involving a temporary worker who may have tampered with ballots, said Jeff Manning, a spokesman for the Oregon Attorney General’s office. ..........

Clackamas elections office faces investigation

How do we know for sure that those "Republican" ballots aren't really genuine in the first place ?

Maybe they are real and somebody is trying to get them disqualified.

Old tricks never die.

The mystery temp woman could be a Democrat "operative".

edit on Nov-03-2012 by xuenchen because:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I dont buy it.

Cui bono? Honestly..Oregon is a solid blue state. Even I would be suspicious if Oregon went to Romney.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Clearly, since Oregon is a commie-pinko/hippe/atheist/Democrat-controlled state, elected and other officials and law enforcement officers cannot be trusted and this is obviously a Democrat-planned sting operation.

Keep that insane, spurious, right-wing rhetoric and denial of reality coming, Teabaggers and fellow GOP travelers.
As for temp workers, I assume some are hired during elections to process ballots. Seems like you conservatives for smaller government and smaller budgets would be for this rather than keeping people on the payroll all year long. We don't know for sure what the deal is with these ballots, that's why there is going to be an investigation, Perry Mason.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Quite a few of the posts here are ignorant. Portland and a good bit of the Northwest corner of Oregon are Democratic and have the numbers there to run the rest of the state which is strongly Republican. My ex was 4th gen Oregon and I lived there for a while and started to understand how the rest of the state resents the Portland area and how they dominate government yet there are a lot of Republicans, I assure you. The state is non monolithic in political nature.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I would agree with the poster who said Oregon is not strictly a blue state. Of course most states seem to go one way, but there is usually a healthy balance that arises between the different cities, imo. Anyway, I am sure tampering of this nature occurs all the time. Actually, I am positive it does. And the fact that an investigation was actually initiated leads me to believe that this is definitely NOT some hype drummed up by the left to gain support or damage the right. Both sides do enough to damage themselves already, lol, although the right maybe a bit more so this year, considering the candidate who stole the GOP nomination has a history of spurious comments and a tainted voting history.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
And to think that the right has fought so hard to instill voter ID to protect us all from "fraud".

new topics

top topics

join