It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Can't Kill Me I'm Immortal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Apologies in advance if I have gotten the wrong forum.

This is only a theory of mine but it does have some scientific basis. The title of the thread may sound sensationalist but I do believe it rings true for me, you and every other living organism in the Universe. You see, I do not think that life is anything but a form of energy and since everything in the Universe that we physically know of originates from energy then life must just be part of this.

When our physical bodies die it is said at the moment we pass we lose 21 grams in weight. To me this is the life energy leaving your body and dissipating back into the Universe. So in essence it is a very simple theory but life is the Universe and the Universe is life.

The mass in the Universe is theorized to have come into existence out of the form of pure energy and quantum mechanics relies on this being true. So to me this means that life must have originated from energy and energy cannot be destroyed, just changed in form. Therefore we ARE immortal.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Correction : Everyone is immortal !
but please dont test it for your soul sake

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I believe you as long as you don't claim to sparkle.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
So if we are immortal, we shouldn't have anything to fear. And if being immortal means re-incarnation in another time, then probability states that we will one day all be born rich beyond your wildest dreams. Question is, will you do good or harm with your money?

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Memories that are self-replicating will persist to exist.
edit on 3-11-2012 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
So if we are immortal, we shouldn't have anything to fear. And if being immortal means re-incarnation in another time, then probability states that we will one day all be born rich beyond your wildest dreams. Question is, will you do good or harm with your money?

I don't believe the probability of squeezing 99% into 1 %.
As for my energy being immortal...I damn well better find me a better body and a happier life next time around.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

... and then an immortal eats our souls like rice crispies and plays with our personalities like he is playing musical chairs...

weird. very interesting. i sometimes feel like this could be the truth. where did you get this from ?

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Your theory is interesting and raises some important philosophical questions.

How do you define "me"? Surely your entity in death will be different to how your entity existed in this physical world. At what point will the quality used to define your own entity become indistinguishable from other entities?

edit on 3/11/2012 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

By that logic you could also be incarnated as Baby P or someone just as misfortunate IMHO.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

You raise a good point and the probable answer is we are all likely one.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Of course this nutjob would hail from my hometown.

Second, he ( Dr. Duncan MacDougall of Haverhill in Massachusetts) got "good" results (ie, the patient irreversibly lost weight at the moment of death) from just one of the six patients, not all six! Two of the results had to be excluded because of "technical difficulties". One patient's death did show a drop in weight of about three-eighths of an ounce - but this later reversed itself! Two of the other patients registered an immediate loss of weight at the moment of death, but then their weight dropped again a few minutes later. (Does this mean that they died twice!?) Only one of the six patients showed a sudden and non-reversible loss of weight of three-fourths of an ounce (21 grams).
From ABC.net

For me, if the soul had ANY weight it would mean it had physical form. It could be detected, and it would be made of biological material that would also rot away after death - and that's no way for a soul to act.

edit on 11/3/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

The loss of 21 grams at death does raise the some questions. Obviously mass is being converted to some other form of energy. As energy cannot be destroyed but only transformed into another state then where does it go? And remember thermodynamics are at play here, but how?
edit on 3-11-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
It would be interesting to see some real research done on this 21 gram theory, because if it does get proven to exist then it adds weight to life, literally. But weather it exists or not in weight, I still think that life is just energy.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Basically, the "self" can be replicated as a memory, so even the concept of a "soul" having a "self" that is "unique" is questionable - if an "immortal" was basically just an "entity" that was "eternal" then in that case it would be some kind of universal "glue" that holds memories together - or in other words - immortals do not exist if it were not for mortals.
edit on 4-11-2012 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

do you believe in the existence of non-human beings, like ghosts, spirits, angel, demons, god, devil ?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
all a theory of cause ..ive yet to see anyone come back and say .." hey guys don't worry im still alive "

guess we will all know for sure in time....

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
It seems reasonable to assume that when we die, that energy permeates into the environment in which we finally lay. Animals, bugs, the soil, the plants—all find nourishment from the energy of a decaying corpse. The energy from a human body would indeed live on, except it is no longer the human it once was; and since they've already died and ceased to exist, they are not in the least bit immortal.

When we burn coal, the reaction creates energy. Coal isn't immortal.

edit on 4-11-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: forgot an entire word

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

You can definitley see "them" - however there is no way to prove that they have any form of sentience.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
You ARE the universe:
Here's and activity to see how big you really are:
1. Lie on your back close your eyes
2. Now feel yourself in your body
3. Try and make your "awareness" bigger than your body
4. Then Bigger than the room
5. Bigger than the building your in
6. Bigger than your country
7. Bigger than the world
8. Our galaxy
9. Our universe
10. All the universes
11. Now look down on all these things
12. This is how big you really are

Go to this place whenever you feel overwhelmed and realise how small your problems really are.
In the moment, when in the present, everything is perfect and you realise that only you interpretations of the circumstance are the problem.

Please go easy on me this is my first post. Constructive criticism only.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Cannot think of a way to directly respond to you're presumption right now but it certainly makes sense. Also, I think you got the right forum and you certainly have the right website. Probably not necessary for me to give an answer anyway considering there are many people who have already done so. Food for thought is given all around I thoroughly enjoy this site.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join