My first foe

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

@violet

Your idea of what's good might not be somebody else's and vise versa on what is considered bad.

That is indeed true, and goes for music and art. But in a competition there are technical issues as well that should be considered. And nah, I don't take it all that seriously, there's tons of more important things for me to dwell on in my life to be sure. Thanks for the reply

Unless these poems are being judged by professional poets, I doubt most know much about technical issues. It would probably just come down to if they liked what they read or not. I for one know nothing on how it should be structured, etc. I don't as a rule, read poetry.
For me I'm just reading an overload of long syllable adjectives, Like its how many can you stuff into one line and look like you wrote a good poem. I can't make head nor tail of most of them. Some are like rap lyrics to me.

I didn't read yours or the other you critiqued. I've just happened upon a few.

It could be timing. They all show up in new topics and if you submit one during high traffic times they will be seen by more people. Perhaps these higher flagged members are using this strategy? I would suggest you try this angle. Use Time zones for Americans, this site is most active during North American hours while the UK is sleeping
edit on 3-11-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I anxiously await your entry into the contest so you can show us all how its REALLY done. Maybe a poem concerning why you feel being foe'd for being a douche on a message board is so hurtful to you. We will gladly judge your effort.
We are waiting.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I listed two rivals so far, but neither are really foes.

One of them I made a rival because his name is "Rival"

The other was complaining because she didn't have any rivals, so I made her mine

It made her happy

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
I anxiously await your entry into the contest so you can show us all how its REALLY done. Maybe a poem concerning why you feel being foe'd for being a douche on a message board is so hurtful to you. We will gladly judge your effort.
We are waiting.

My entry was actually posted two days ago here:

The Stillborn Child

Feel free to critique to your hearts content, I don't mind at all, in fact I welcome people's opinions even if they are not to my liking. I try to keep an open mind and perhaps may even learn a thing or two. That's how adults do it, we don't call each other infantile names and attack each other due to our immature insecurities. And, if you had actually read my posts in this thread you would see that being foe'd wasn't "hurtful" to me at all
I was even amused with it. Thanks for your reply!

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
I listed two rivals so far, but neither are really foes.

One of them I made a rival because his name is "Rival"

The other was complaining because she didn't have any rivals, so I made her mine

It made her happy

That's pretty funny! And I did notice that I now have two foes
awesome...and my collection grows!

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AutOmatIc

We are waiting.

The Stillborn Child

Feel free to critique to your hearts content, I don't mind at all, in fact I welcome people's opinions even if they are not to my liking. I try to keep an open mind and perhaps may even learn a thing or two. That's how adults do it, we don't call each other infantile names and attack each other due to our immature insecurities. And, if you had actually read my posts in this thread you would see that being foe'd wasn't "hurtful" to me at all

Im waiting on your angst poem about being foe'd. You certainly didnt like my opinion and Im sure it wasnt to your liking.
BUT... you made a rant thread... but it didnt bother you at all, yet you talk about immaturity and insecurities!

Carry on you little enlightened one, you!

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AutOmatIc

We are waiting.

The Stillborn Child

Im waiting on your angst poem about being foe'd. You certainly didnt like my opinion and Im sure it wasnt to your liking.
BUT... you made a rant thread... but it didnt bother you at all, yet you talk about immaturity and insecurities!

Carry on you little enlightened one, you!

Fascinating, I shall carry on indeed.
Sure I made a rant thread, and completely explained myself. Though it seems as though you are either too lazy to read what I posted, or failed to comprehend said explanations. Interesting, I never said I didn't "like" your opinion. In actuality, I am quite amused by your off the cuff, argumentatively inciting posts. And I deny the need to acquiesce to your request for me to write a poem about being foe'd though it might be a pretty entertaining prose for sure!
edit on 3-11-2012 by AutOmatIc because: spelling
edit on 4-11-2012 by AutOmatIc because: extra word

new topics
top topics

<< 1   >>

join