It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if She Would Have Said Yes?[CTPWC]

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize
That was beautiful! As for puncuation, when I write, and the words are flowing, I don't worry about it!

Thanks Greenize, I thought I was the only one

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Egyptia
reply to post by Quadrivium

Y
Powerful story with a beautiful ending. Thank you for that. S&F

Thanks for reading Egyptian, glad you enjoyed it.

edit on 5-11-2012 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Incredible. I got chills.

Well done, s&f

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
S&F and thanks for posting..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Incredible. I got chills.

Well done, s&f
thanks sm. I am glad you enjoyed it. Thank you for reading and thanks for the compliment.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
This is another going on my list of absolute favorites. Incredibly written and worth every flag and star it has received. A good reminder of the choice we make or do not make and what consequences may befall them. S+F

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
S&F and thanks for posting..peace,sugarcookie1

Thanks for reading sugarcookie!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rubicant13
This is another going on my list of absolute favorites. Incredibly written and worth every flag and star it has received. A good reminder of the choice we make or do not make and what consequences may befall them. S+F
Thank you Rubi,
Every choice we make has consequences, whether WE see them or not.
Glad you enjoyed it.
Thanks again,
Quad

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
When I first was told this story by my husband and mother-in-law, I was shocked and proud. I am proud of my mother-in-law for standing up and making a proper decision for her baby. I can't even imagine what it was like so many years ago in a hospital with so little technology. I am shocked at how so many people, even today, are willing to give up so easy on life when medical professionals say to do so. Medical professionals don't know it all. I am so grateful, that this mother decided to give all. If she would of aborted, I would not have the husband and father I have today. So many people would have missed out on getting to know the man that I love. He has so many wonderful gifts and talents that would be lost to the world. You as readers, would not get to see the gift of poetry he has shown you. I am proud of the man he has become and I am proud that his mother chose life that day.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by GideonFaith
When I first was told this story by my husband and mother-in-law, I was shocked and proud. I am proud of my mother-in-law for standing up and making a proper decision for her baby. I can't even imagine what it was like so many years ago in a hospital with so little technology. I am shocked at how so many people, even today, are willing to give up so easy on life when medical professionals say to do so. Medical professionals don't know it all. I am so grateful, that this mother decided to give all. If she would of aborted, I would not have the husband and father I have today. So many people would have missed out on getting to know the man that I love. He has so many wonderful gifts and talents that would be lost to the world. You as readers, would not get to see the gift of poetry he has shown you. I am proud of the man he has become and I am proud that his mother chose life that day.

WOW, Thank you for that sweets!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Getting Nervous, only two more days until I hand this over to mom. I know she will love it. I am more nervous of what others will say who read it.
I am from a family of Manly men

Getting in touch with ones touchy feely side is kinda taboo.
Oh well, as the old saying goes...."they can't eat you and they can't take your birthday"

Quad

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Thank you again masqua for the help with this.
I gave the poem to my mom. My wife read it to her because I could not get through it.
I held mom in my arms as she cried.
I know its not an epic or even great poem but it is a part of me and my story, as well as hers.
Several family friends and even one of my brothers were emotional over it.
I appreciate all of the input.
Thanks for helping make my birthday a special day.
Quad

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join