It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My teenage daughter

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
A few years doesn't make much of a difference. My best friend when I was a teen was 2.5 years older than me. 7 years? Hell no.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
I appreciate all of the comments and advice, here is something I found out this morning.
My daughter made the mistake of getting her brother involved, turns out that he knows the girl and shes not 17, shes 19 and graduated HS last year.
Now, I wanna know why at 19 year old girl is trying to run around with Middle Schoolers

Your son sounds like he's 'matured'
And will possibly be your best 'allie' in your

dealings with your daughter....after all she can't call him 'ancient' and too old to understand

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Upon a little further thought, is it possible the older girl is coming around because she likes your son? She might be using you daughter as an in to your home.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Oh crap, how could I have been so stupid

I bet you are absolutely right, so that solves that (probably..ill find out for sure)
However, I still cant let her run around with her all night, maybe if her brother goes but not alone.
Thanks for the insight doodle

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

You know how the saying goes...Good guys finish last!

But it's your conscience that counts. If you believe you're doing the right thing don't give in.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Oh your in that stage are you?

That's a rough one. A bit harder for you cause she's got her mom to fall back on who of course is going to believe her over you I would imagine.

Give her the tough love. It's what she needs. Nobody wants a self obsessed & entitled teenager. That's a bad idea all around.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

*slaps head*

So damn obvious and missed by all but you. Nice call.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

You devious little minx...

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

Shhhhh.... Don't tell all my secrets!

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
So, anyway. I feel inclined to let you guys know. Shes in a much better mood today.
She even gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek, which she almost never does.
Maybe she did it in advance of wanting to do something later
Who knows, im usually good at reading people but I think she has 256 bit encryption

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

*Note to Daddy - Under no circumstances should your daughter see that you are posting about her on the Internet! Do not leave this page open on accident. If you thought it was bad before, you ain't seen nothing like the hell that will be raised if she catches you sharing her private life online! *

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Good point, youre a wealth of information doodle

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Ben81

what did she asked that you were opposed ? a piercing lol ?

Yes, bellybutton piercing and a freaking lipring. which I approved of.

I have a 9 (almost 10) years old daughter, belly button what?...........NO WAY I can let her have that crap. Don't get soft man !

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

reply to post by Ben81

what did she asked that you were opposed ? a piercing lol ?

Yes, bellybutton piercing and a freaking lipring. which I approved of.

I have a 9 (almost 10) years old daughter, belly button what?...........NO WAY I can let her have that crap. Don't get soft man !

Hmm, my father's reaction when I pierced my ears way back.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Haha....poor old man. That's why I say to my kids everytime I smell rebellion : "At home there is not democracy and I am the Dictador".

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Lol, yea I pierced my left ear at 15 that was the (proper ear for guys in the 80s) my dad, who was a cop, really didnt care but my mom who was and still is an alarmist got all worked up.
I eventually ended up with 3, the top one really hurt btw.
Dont wear one anymore but the holes are still open.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
sounds tough.
I think this new age of materialism is getting to the youth...I know elementary school kids that were crying,biching and moaning to get the new iPhone5...like REALLY who do you NEED to talk to..of course they got the iPhone though...
in my opinion i feel you should do things for your daughter such as dinner/lunch somewhere,maybe go out to like a Zoo or something fun like that?and in time she will see that you love her even though your didn't give her EVERYTHING she asks for...it'll be a tough ride but when she matures at least she will have the memories of the times spent with dad instead of the worthless nonsense she may want(no offense
)
Good luck to you OP have fun killin those zombies

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I don't blame you for being concerned about the 17 yo driving. Deaths in auto accidents is exponentially higher for teens.

She sounds like your run of the mill but very trying teen.

Just keep being consisten. Teens are not an exception from younger children in that they need consistency.

I heard a great analogy that I keep in mind, though I haven't dealt with the teen years yet:

A child is like a night gaurdsman at a prestigious museum. He goes around checking to make sure all the doors are supposed to be locked. He doesn't want to find them unlocked, but finding them locked makes him feel secure.

The locked doors are your boundaries, and your daughter is just checking them, to make sure they are there.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Well, nixie... Im glad we now have a thread that we could be civil in

Thanks for the advice...
Truce?

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Dear Juggernog,

You gave into the tantrum once, now it's time to give her the "look" (all parents have a look that a child knows) and walk away. You know her game, now you have the upper hand, period. Ignore the tantrums, walk away, continue with life ignoring it (it is not a behavior to reward and doesn't deserve to be acknowledged), I don't care how long it goes on, hours, days, months. I have 3 children, now grown, and children know how to manipulate parents very well. If it gets to bad where you feel like you want to give in, send her back to her mom.

Stay strong,
yesterdaysreality

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join