It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America, a nation of cowards!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by BasementAddix
do you expect everything to be "perfect" in Iraq overnight?...It will take a few years...that (hopefully) should be obvious...

Reconstruction of Japan and Germany after WWII took at least 4 years.

That was very nice of America to do that. We didn't have to help in
reconstruction. It was Japan and Germany that attacked and destroyed
everyone else. We, the victors, could have left them in rubble. But
being the very generous country that we are, America, and our allies,
rebuilt those two countries and restructured their political systems
so that they (probably) wouldn't be able to attack anyone again in the
near future.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Invade this country and find out. Just because we dont want to fight a war we have no reason being in.

Dont call us out, come on over I will show you your warrior.

Yep...

I too don't remember a lot of kids wanting to go into the military in the 80s...too little pay
It was all about the big corporate jobs...and the big bucks.

As for cowards? Are you forgetting that one of the planes in 911 was prevented from reaching it's target, by passengers??? You don't need to be a soldier to prove bravery...

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Reconstruction of Japan and Germany after WWII took at least 4 years.

That was very nice of America to do that. We didn't have to help in
reconstruction. It was Japan and Germany that attacked and destroyed
everyone else. We, the victors, could have left them in rubble. But
being the very generous country that we are, America, and our allies,
rebuilt those two countries and restructured their political systems
so that they (probably) wouldn't be able to attack anyone again in the
near future.

Because the US decided it had become the worlds philanthopist?!?!

NO! It was because the Allies had left the looser to the rubble and the Verseilles treaty after WW1... so the US HAD tried that route but it seemed to start another war.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas i can suggest is you have a chat to my old mate ghandi on the subject of "fighting fighting with fighting"... becase the principles involved with passive and peaceful resistance seem to have passed you by.

There are times for that. This is not one of those times.

If Ghandi had tried to put a daisy on the end of a terrorists rifle,
he'd be dead, and so would everyone around him. They want
ALL infidels dead. Even the nice Ghandi's of the world.

Chamberlain DID try the passive peaceful way ... and the Nazis
still came.

There are times for peaceful Ghandis... and there are times for
forceful General Pattons. This war on terror requires General Pattons.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas
It was because the Allies had left the looser to the rubble and the Verseilles treaty after WW1... so the US HAD tried that route but it seemed to start another war.

Whatever. I see it differently. Either way ... reconstruction took
at least four years.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Because the US decided it had become the worlds philanthopist?!?!

NO! It was because the Allies had left the looser to the rubble and the Verseilles treaty after WW1... so the US HAD tried that route but it seemed to start another war.

Are you kidding me?...Germany DESERVED to be left in rubble...starting 2 world wars within 30 years?...Attacking how many other countrys for NO REASON...are you serious?....Burning...gasing... 6 million people...WHO WERE CIVILIANS??...Im going to assume that youre drunk and not currently thinking straight...and by the way...the US...Fourteen Points...largely ignored...but yet we STILL put millions back into Germany...So dont pin it on the US...England and France got severely damaged....so we let them hold the bigger stick...any way you look at it...the US was nothing but the good guys...

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I cant prove it. But I know some of the crap that is posted is just to piss people off. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
I cant prove it. But I know some of the crap that is posted is just to piss people off. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

An incredibly lucid point.

Edit: Sometimes I'm just too much.

[edit on 20-10-2004 by intrepid]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   

There are times for peaceful Ghandis... and there are times for
forceful General Pattons. This war on terror requires General Pattons.

Dont even both...Corth wont realize the real world until something hits home...flowers dont stop insane extremests who wont be happy with anything less then the destruction of everyone but themselves...

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   

at least four years.

Oh really?!?! I thought i was seeing you as a bigot for no reason!

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by BasementAddix
Are you kidding me?...Germany DESERVED to be left in rubble...starting 2 world wars within 30 years?...Attacking how many other countrys for NO REASON...are you serious?....Burning...gasing... 6 million people...WHO WERE CIVILIANS??...Im going to assume that youre drunk and not currently thinking straight...and by the way...the US...Fourteen Points...largely ignored...but yet we STILL put millions back into Germany...So dont pin it on the US...England and France got severely damaged....so we let them hold the bigger stick...any way you look at it...the US was nothing but the good guys...

You talking about the US here... oh no sorry its germany.

Please just accpet the fact that civillians HAVE BEEN AND WILL BE TARGETS OF WAR!! ALWAYS HAVE BEEN ALWAYS WIL BE OK!?! That counts for all sides in all wars.. I rate the holocaust right next to the bombing of Dresden!
The holocaust everyone remembers (oh shock horror)... but the bombing of Dresden... welll... er... we will conviniently forget about that.. yeah right you were the good guys, in war there are no good guys EVER!

Fighting fighting with fighting....

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
If you guys really want to drag WWII into this, please do because in case you didn't know, your hero Bush's grand father and his assosciates were the back bone of the Nazi war industry. Both sides were funded by the same groups of people. Now of course it is mere coincidence that once again a Bush is to be found making money on both sides of a war. If I were a bush supporter, I'd be careful about arguing with WWII trivia cause the Walker Family and The Bush Family were waist deep in the blood of american soldiers, and made a fortune.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Wow! Machine really is rackin up the points now
I knew as soon as this thread started that this thread was for the points. Machine has not replied to any post, He started it with a general opinion to piss people off, and you guys are bickering just like he wanted. How easy we fall into these traps. I personally dont think he/she ever had the intention to reply to anyone on this thread.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
He must have earned the points elsewhere. I'm sure you don't get points in the Pit.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   

at least four years.

Oh really?!?! I thought i was seeing you as a bigot for no reason!

You really aren't making any sense.

A person is a bigot because they state the fact that
reconstruction of Germany and Japan took four years
and we should expect reconstruction in Iraq to take
a number of years as well?

Strange. Very strange.

[edit on 10/20/2004 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
He must have earned the points elsewhere. I'm sure you don't get points in the Pit.

OOPs
I post so much I forgot this one was in the pit
Well, I retract the statement about the points, But the rest still stands. Its just to get a rise, and make people argue.

Onew thing. What if he didnt realise there is no points in the pit? If thats the case, Then I dont retract my statement

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Smokenmirrors,

It does my heart good to read what you wrote. I�m sure there are many fine young American warriors out there it�s just that the Internet seems to be filled with hippy types who only care about their own, �bottom line�.

I also read that some of you wonder where I come from. I�m a born and bred American male of 35 years. I have lived in California all my life except during my time of service with the 101st Airborne in Fort Campbell Kentucky. I served with honor in the military and also as a Deputy Sheriff with the Riverside County Sheriff�s Department for 10 years.

So now you know.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Why do people use hamburgers as an insult? There's nothing insulting about eating hamburgers. I find them pretty tasty, especially good quality Angus meat - with a nice slab of American cheese.

What about insulting and baiting Americans into attacking you would make Ghandi consider you his "mate"? There's nothing passive or peaceful about that.

Concerning WWII: Yes, FDR knew we would benefit from a war time economy and officially pull us out of the depression. No, the American people didn't want to become involved until Pearl Harbor. Yes, FDR did everything in his power to ensure Japan made an overt act of war against the US to ensure our entrance into the war (McCullum Memo.).

However, the fact that the US would financially benefit from the war was not the sole or even the primary reason for the US wanting to be involved in WWII. (Not to mention the fact we were attacked. Conspiracy theories about that aside.) The Axis powers having defeated Britan would become a clear threat to US security. As bad as people believe the US is, we're nothing compared to the slaughters brought on by Japan and Germany. And what would financial benefit matter if our country was under control of Hitler or Emperor Hirohito? Not much.

Denying aspects of history to fit your argument is dangerous. Even if the US fought WWII simply for the money, it doesn't belittle the fact that thousands gave up their lives ensuring the freedom of Europe from Hitler.

As for the original starter of this thread: prove you're not a coward and sign up.

[edit on (10/20/0404 by PistolPete]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Well I for one did join, signed up at 17 to partke in the nasty dirty wrong filthy fight against communism and it never had the chance to work nor ..................oh wait IT DID WORK.

Liberals just can not understand this, they never will.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Life isn't military... I'd rather play video games, have sex, and smoke dope rather than be forced to die in a war that seems to have no purpose.

It's called freedom... the freedom to choose military service or no military service.

Curse the day they come to my door and try to pull me off to war in a draft.. I'd rather die fighting the draft than having to be a used individual holding a rifle for some nutbag president.

So if your a traditionalist conservative and want to go fight in some war... be my guest and go ahead... Just don't force everyone else to join your warmongering. Lay off the people who wish to do as they please.

[edit on 21-10-2004 by RedOctober90]

[edit on 21-10-2004 by RedOctober90]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join