It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America, a nation of cowards!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 02:23 AM
link   
What has happened with the youth in this country? When I grew up in the 1980�s all my friends joined the military and couldn�t wait to get in. Now it seems all these kids want to do is have sex, smoke dope and play video games! As I cruise through these boards I read the same cowardly talk over and over again. Everyone wants results but few want to pitch in and pay the cost for freedom.

My question to all of you is this, �where have all the warriors gone?�

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 02:28 AM
link   
You have had your warrior times come and go...why in the hell every american want�s to be somekind of warhero?..only heroes are those who defend their birth country...not those who attack it...it would be far better of if every american just would play video games instead joining army and went killing people without proper reason..
-ap

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Are you forgetting that this is a conspiracy board? Conspiracy is primarily a liberal subject seeing as how its usually about world altering things. I'm not sure about conservatives, but I do know that most people who want peace are liberals. As such there will be a preponderance of liberal anti-war people on this message board.

As far as signing up for the military to protect our freedoms, there first has to be a valid war in which to go fight for these freedoms. Iraq posed no threat to the United States yet was attacked anyway. How is that protecting the freedoms of the United States of America?

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Machine

I think people are starting to think for themselves more, I would not be willing to give my life so some corporate entity can profit, that's why recruiters go after young adults (who aren't allowed to drink, but can be shot just fine), because they mostly still believe what their elders tell them, they haven't had enough time in the real world to figure out everybody is looking out for themselves and will usually step on whomever to further their interests. The only threat to our freedom is the one posed by our own government, I think they have been running a huge psy-ops campaign against this country, and a huge number of people have taken it hook, line and sinker. If our country was truly threatened the warriors would come out of the woodwork, and unfortunately, thanks to this administration, we will probably see a time soon when that happens, because the world is getting fed up with Dubya, hopefully this nightmare will end in November.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Yeah you are all hamburger eating surrender monkeys... well when i say surrender i mean only attack 3rd world countries that have no chance of fighting back in order to "DEFEND" your selves.

All the warriors are dead, their blood spilled on some foreign soil to keep some filthy rich git rich.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 04:35 AM
link   

What has happened with the youth in this country? When I grew up in the 1980�s all my friends joined the military and couldn�t wait to get in. Now it seems all these kids want to do is have sex, smoke dope and play video games! As I cruise through these boards I read the same cowardly talk over and over again. Everyone wants results but few want to pitch in and pay the cost for freedom.

People have been saying this since the dawn of written history. "The young kids are losers now."

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 04:49 AM
link   

You know I grew up in the eighties myself, I don't recall any of my friends not being able to wait to get into the military, and I hate to break the news to you but there was plenty of sex, dope smoking and video games. Do you remeber Atari? Afghan Red? I'd venture to guess the reason nobody is itching to get into the miiltary could be because they don't want to get shipped into Iraq or Afghanistan to get shot invading a soverign nation. There was no real war in the 80's, except maybe Grenada or Lybia. Informed populace is the only real difference, we have the ability now to see past the yoke of the media into the real rationale for this war, and hell no I'm not going to go fight somebody for posession of their land. A true warrior fights for his own causes and beliefs, not rubbish handed to him by corporate interests and corporate media.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Not one thread of support. I guess when me and my friends die that will be the end of the warrior spirit that built this great nation. Such is the way of things.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Your nation never had warrior spirit...ok maybe then when you declared independence and fought the british off...but after that it has only been keeping your sh*t together and invading territories for your causes. Ask indians about warrior spirit..they had it allright..before what happened to them..
-ap

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   
For about 2 years FINLAND FOUGHT ALONGSIDE THE GERMANS in WW2....you shouldnt be one to judge...we fought the british off twice...was attacked by the japanese...attacked NUMEROUS times by terrorists with support of other nations (ie Afganistan)...we dont just "invade" places for our causes....You think South Vietnam wanted to be communist?...not the last time I checked..you think Iraq will be worse off in the near future with their own democracy?...How bout Afghanistan?...Wasnt Finland an ally during the persian gulf war?...Yes...But we went there for the "wrong reasons"...no...Oh wait...no-one cares about Kuwait...Yes what happened to our native Americans was wrong...and yes AMERICA does make mistakes...but to make such an absurd comment about the US w/o looking at our history first is just idiotic...

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Machine, It seems your the coward who is actually afraid to tell us where YOU are from

This is just another ignorant post trying to get points. He puts up a caption that he knows is going to piss every American on here off, and try to get us to defend ourselves. To many threads like this have been started here lately, and Im finding it kind of childish (are you 14?). So IMO everyone should just ignore arrogance, deny ignorance, and ignore this thread.

[edit on 10/20/04 by Kidfinger]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Hopefully we'll get a location...puts things in a better light...

[edit on 10/20/2004 by BasementAddix]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
but I do know that most people who want peace are liberals.

Not true. Extreme liberals want 'peace at all costs'. Appease the
bad guys so that they kill you last (ala Chamberlain).Conservatives understand that to have true peace, sometimes a war must be fought
first in order to achieve that peace. America was attacked.
War must be fought or there will never be true peace in the future.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 06:53 AM
link   
2 basementaddix:
In matter of fact finland fought against russia 6 years..39-45..germany just happened to have same enemy...and us suplied russian army those days..but because mannerheim wanted only the land back what was taken they halted the attack to those borders..and declined germans request to sabotage the usa - russia train route from st. petersburg because they had no intensions to support germanys world conquest..even thought those american tanks and airplanes were used against Finland. and japanese were pushed to attack if you would read about history what was made and decided before the attack...
Finland an ally during the persian gulf war? what the f*ck you are talking about?..how in the hell would we go middle east anyway..do you even know where Finland is?.. And i doubt i have looked your history a bit more than you have studied ours..but that isn�t miracle or anything..and have you just looked at situation of afganistan?..a nation with 15km railroad is very strong support for terrorist...osama just happened to be there..he�s from saudi arabia originally..your nations biggest wealth donator...why you didn�t attack there?..ahh..the money and oil..you wouldn�t get their oil then...and btw osama was trained by cia against russia..turned out that after they beat russia they decided it was your turn..same goes for saddam..Isn�t usa the country who bought an army to them and decided "bad iraq" after they attacked iran with that army..or was it kuwait? the little oil depot next to it...and i will surely be looking up to the "democratic iraq"...when it�s gonna happen?..today it�s just occupied us territory but maybe someday they will be independent nation again..I�m not trying to be sarcastic dumb as*..but what i have said is fact..not lies..
ps."You think South Vietnam wanted to be communist?" why wouldn�t you attack china then?..i bet because it would be nation that could resist the attack and after that beat the sh*t out of usa..
-ap

[edit on 20-10-2004 by aape]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Not true. Extreme liberals want 'peace at all costs'. Appease the
bad guys so that they kill you last (ala Chamberlain).Conservatives understand that to have true peace, sometimes a war must be fought
first in order to achieve that peace. America was attacked.
War must be fought or there will never be true peace in the future.

Do you actually bother to listen to yourself?!?

War must be fought for peact till when?!? Is there a cut-off date for war?!?! If so would you mind telling us the date so we can prepare the party?
Oh and don't you dare go all "rapture/eshaton/end-of-world" on me!

War is fought (in the US case every 5 years to the dot) 'coz it makes money for the MIC (military industrial complex)!!!

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
There are posted pictures of numerous young men and women in the High School where I work who enlisted in the last year or so. I know several in Iraq right now. Many had a burning desire to enlist, not being persuaded to do so in any way, shape, or form. One young man is currently in explosives, while another's job over there is simply to disarm IED's. This generation of young people has all the guts it takes, as much as any other. This generation of young people also has it's peaceniks, would be draft dodgers, hippie freaks, liberal pansies, whatever you want to call 'em. But I personally know several young warriors, who have come to me while home from Iraq, who have shown me pictures they have taken there. I am a proud 45 year old U.S. citizen when standing next to these brave young men and women.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas
War must be fought for peact till when?!? Is there a cut-off date for war?!?! Oh and don't you dare go all "rapture/eshaton/end-of-world"
on me!

I don't buy into the rapture. I don't think it's the 'end of the world'
I never said that. Grow up.

Do I listen to myself? Yep. You should try listening too.

Yes, sometimes war must be fought to obtain peace. When countries
are attacked they MUST fight back. Appeasement doesn't work. It
only feeds the croc so that you are the last one eatten. Read your
history books. Chamberlain tried it with the Nazis.

Your question - War must be fought until when?
Answer - until the enemy gives up or is destroyed.
Your question - Is there a cut off date for the war?
Answer - It'll be finished, when it is finished. Appeasers dragging
their feet just prolong the war. Get in, get it done, get out.
Your question - you want a date for the victory party.
Answer - Vote G.W. back in office, give our military the tools and
weapons they need to fight the war (no more Kerry military cuts),
and quit whining about getting the job done and there will be a
victory party sooner rather than later.

War was declared against America by the Wahabbi nutcases.
They started it. We will finish it.

Being 'sensitive' to idiots who will kill you the first chance they get
isn't 'peace'. It's just being suicidal.

[edit on 10/20/2004 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   

, �where have all the warriors gone?�

Invade this country and find out. Just because we dont want to fight a war we have no reason being in.

Dont call us out, come on over I will show you your warrior.

[edit on 20-10-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
AAPE....you have WAY too many questions in your response and I dont feel the need nor have the patience to respond to ALL of them in a big @ss post...but I still stick by what I said..and Ill address some...1) Finland supported the Persian Gulf War...I dont care if finland is tiny....it still supported the US...and the location of Finland means nothing...so thats a poor defense...2) We didnt attack Saudi Arabia because of many reasons...we dont have the military size for Afghan, Iraq...and Saudi...just wouldnt work...plus Osama was in Afghan...so that makes it obvious...and Saudi (unlike Iraq) doesnt have a leader whos killed 300,000+ of their own peoples (not saying I like the Saudi leaders either...but still)...and you want US to attack China too?...So that'd be China, Afghan, Iraq, Saudi, our troops in haiti, through-out Africa...etc....thats just not logical...And also...do you expect everything to be "perfect" in Iraq overnight?...It will take a few years...that (hopefully) should be obvious...And by the way...no way in a COLD HELL would the US lose a war to China...yes they do have more people...but they dont have near the technology as the US...our Airforce is far superior...unless we did something stupid and rushed a ground invasion...Im not saying it'd be short...but I am saying theres no doubt we'd win..

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Well flyersfan all i can suggest is you have a chat to my old mate ghandi on the subject of "fighting fighting with fighting"... becase the principles involved with passive and peaceful resistance seem to have passed you by.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join