It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quantum Immortality and Quantum Suicide: Some Unsettling Implications

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Even if this theory is correct, it still doesn't make a person immortal....unless you can shift your consciousness to one of the other infinite 'you's'.

If you pull the trigger and blow you head off, you are dead and the consciousness that 'you' had will travel it's natural course (either die with your body or travel on to the afterlife/heaven/hell etc, etc..).

So, unless 'you' have mastered the ability of shifting your consciousness to where ever you please, (i.e another physical body in another unvierse) it does not matter how many times the universe splits, you will only experience the one life that you just ended by pulling the trigger.

Or...maybe these other universes are where we reincarnate to after we die (if you subscribe to the belief of reincarnation), maybe we have lived past lives on other earths in other universes without realising it....or maybe not...

The above is only my opinion of course....

Gnobody

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gnobody
Even if this theory is correct, it still doesn't make a person immortal....unless you can shift your consciousness to one of the other infinite 'you's'.

If you pull the trigger and blow you head off, you are dead and the consciousness that 'you' had will travel it's natural course (either die with your body or travel on to the afterlife/heaven/hell etc, etc..).

So, unless 'you' have mastered the ability of shifting your consciousness to where ever you please, (i.e another physical body in another unvierse) it does not matter how many times the universe splits, you will only experience the one life that you just ended by pulling the trigger.

Or...maybe these other universes are where we reincarnate to after we die (if you subscribe to the belief of reincarnation), maybe we have lived past lives on other earths in other universes without realising it....or maybe not...

The above is only my opinion of course....

Gnobody

You ARE your consciousness. You ARE the life that leaves your body. You are also everything that exists, but there's a firewall between each "individual" which allows for the play of individuality.

<< 1   >>

join