It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stocked up food supplies today. Surprising low cost 10 day supply

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
For a non ELE the average waiting time for basic things such as food , water , electricity, and medical aid could be around 10 days. If you have not had an evacuation order and can ride it out in your own home, it is common sense to at least have basic things to contribute to being independant in the advent of disaster scenario.

For about 15 dollars a day you can be self sufficient and feed 3 adults.

So a basic kit is 150 dollars. Even if it takes 3 months to put it together, that's a little over 12 dollars per week.

You can also dip into the stock the keep it fresh and just replace it as part of your weekly shop.

This is basics and includes water and painkillers.

Don't forget everyone needs to go to the toilet. So I have included toilet paper.

There are plenty of threads about this already, I just wanted to share and hopefully encourage a reader that you can actually get set up for not much.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

So we're supposed to now go search ats for things we already know about or do you have your personal advice to share?

Not sure what I'm supposed to be taking from this thread..

?
edit on 2-11-2012 by winofiend because: I swear whoever invented wireless keyboards was working for a damn battery manufacturer...

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Basically save up a 150 dollars and be prepared. That's it.

Would you like me to provide a shopping list?

Every culture has its own diet.

The cheapest things to buy are tinned tuna, rice if you can cook it, legumes which in my case is baked beans, kidney beans and lentils, as much water as you can safely store and toilet paper.

You could add soup and soap.

Some utensils already in the cupboard will enable you to eat your food and drink your water.

If you want some light you will need a battery powered torch or lamp and enough batteries to get you through.

Candles are pretty handy too as well as clippy bags.

If I have forgotten something fell free to add.

new topics

join