It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gallup Early Voting results Romney 52% and Obama 46%

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taiyed
National polls.

The last hope of a desperate supporter.

But you are going to dismiss months of polling from many different polling companies all showing that Obama is up 2-3 points in Ohio?

Wishful thinking I guess, but you may be setting yourself up for dissapointment.

Do you honestly not know the difference between individual State polling and National polling?

It makes me so sad that American voters who think they are informed don't even understand how our elections work and why some polling shows a better picture than others.

So you are going to play on words because you were caught? Ok lets try this yet again. You appear to have quite a fondness of reciting individual state and national poll results in support of Obama here on ATS. Would you like me to start quoting you when I get home, and have WAY more time?

edit on 3-11-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I have two words to add:

Go Romney!

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimar
How any ATS member could want a Romney win is beyond me.
The only thing worse would be an obama win. I voted for Gary Johnson. I couldn't believe that Roseanne Barr was on the ballot here in Florida.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
if the number are real America is divided, sad.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Doesnt matter the guy has already been chosen. Everyone vote for mickey mous and the polls will still show the same results. Its BS and has been now for many years. Show me an honest politician and hell will hath frozen over twice.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Originally posted by kimar
How any ATS member could want a Romney win is beyond me.
The only thing worse would be an obama win. I voted for Gary Johnson. I couldn't believe that Roseanne Barr was on the ballot here in Florida.

reply to post by DarthMuerte

Ironically Barr may be one of the only politicians to express the real views of the plebs."Voter apathy" is a misnomer. The actual term should be "voter disgust".

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

So you are going to play on words because you were caught? Ok lets try this yet again. You appear to have quite a fondness of reciting individual state and national poll results in support of Obama here on ATS. Would you like me to start quoting you when I get home, and have WAY more time?

If you want to quote me where I cite a National Poll to support Obama, knock yourself out, you aren't going to find it.

Only the individual State polls matter, because that will reflect the Electoral College vote, I am very consistent in saying this.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Taiyed

Allow me to shift the subject just a little. Assume for a moment that your scenario comes true. 51%-49% for Romney nationally and an Electoral College win for Obama. Isn't Obama's smart move then to resign?

The majority of the citizens are against him, and the House of Representatives is against him, even more so after being on the receiving end of the most negative campaign in recent history. Then he has to finally start answering questions about Fast and Furious, Benghazi, the hundreds of billions of dollars lost in green energy give aways to his supporters. Not to even mention the economy, jobs, the debt, our foreign relations failures, etc.

In 2014 the Democrats will lose the Senate because of all of the above, and Congress will take away Obama's parking space, and make him eat at White Castle.

It's better for everyone if Obama is not the next president.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

reply to post by elouina

If you want to quote me where I cite a National Poll to support Obama, knock yourself out, you aren't going to find it.

Only the individual State polls matter, because that will reflect the Electoral College vote, I am very consistent in saying this.

Ok I am busy right now, but look what I found within seconds.

You seemed to have left out the biggest trend in the recent gallup polls

www.gallup.com...
10/14-20/2012 Romney +7
10/15-21/2012 Romney +6
10/16-22/2012 Romney +5
10/17-23/2012 Romney +3

Looks like Romney's most favorable poll is showing him losing ground, and losing it quickly.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Pssstttt Charles?

Polls are polls.

What happens on Election Day will determine this fake horse race, not a poll of drones.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Allow me to shift the subject just a little. Assume for a moment that your scenario comes true. 51%-49% for Romney nationally and an Electoral College win for Obama. Isn't Obama's smart move then to resign?

Did Bush resign when he lost the popular vote and won the electoral college?

No reason to resign when you win the election.

It's better for everyone if Obama is not the next president.

I've seen a lot of desperate reasoning in the past few weeks, but this one might be the funniest.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina

reply to post by elouina

Ok I am busy right now, but look what I found within seconds.

You seemed to have left out the biggest trend in the recent gallup polls

www.gallup.com...
10/14-20/2012 Romney +7
10/15-21/2012 Romney +6
10/16-22/2012 Romney +5
10/17-23/2012 Romney +3

Looks like Romney's most favorable poll is showing him losing ground, and losing it quickly.

And where does that say I am citing the poll for Obama's support?

That was simply pointing out the OPs cherry picking of a poll and ignoring the downward trend in their cherry pick.

Sorry, try again.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by Taiyed

Just curious, what do you suggest to be used? I don't know of better, current, factual information than polls. Some polls are better than others, but what are you suggesting instead?

Polls are propaganda, no more, no less.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Taiyed

How can I learn anything if you don't point out my errors? You believe it to be a funny and desperate line of reasoning. May I ask why?

Obama has said you can't change Washington from inside Washington. He will not be able to govern with an incredibly hostile House of Representatives. He, and his cabinet will spend their days answering subpoenas from House committees. If he asks to sneeze, there will be a Senate filibuster. And the American people will "go about like a roaring lion seeking whom he might devour." And they'll find Obama and his party.

Some are talking about impeachment over Benghazi, the crime being homicide. Whether they do or not, he is facing a situation where he will be largely ineffectual, and this is a really bad time to have an ineffectual President.

Have I exaggerated? Maybe, just a little, but as hard as his first four years were, the next four will be twice as bad.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
If I haven't said it before, I think we'll all be in bed at a reasonable time on Wednesday knowing Romney won. I might be wrong, and am prepared to hear about it, but what ever. If we want to take all the polls as gospel, Obama has basically gone from possible ascendant leader to just another divisive politician. I fully expect there to be the usual cries that the GOP has either been humped out of relevance or must cast off this wing or that wing of the party to ever win an election again.
In reality, Obama has become John Kerry plus 2-3 states that Bush had his narrowest margins in. That's why they're called swing states, yo.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by cconn487

The purpose of sampling is to draw inferences about the population, not to survey the entire population. The sample of over 3000 is a rather good one, heightened by utilizing probability sampling methods. With a margin of error at +/- 3, Romney could be at 49 and Obama at 49...the point of the poll isn't to say who will win, but to show how close it is. Regardless, one would be wise to avoid the bread and circus of our elections.
edit on 11/3/2012 by Banananananana because: Spelling.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
If Romney wins then America is well and truly screwed. These results scare me..

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by invient

Polling is based on statistics. All methods of polling have their drawbacks, and yes, that includes door-to-door polling. Not even the census is a 100% representation of the population.
edit on 11/3/2012 by Banananananana because: Spelling.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Obama has said you can't change Washington from inside Washington. He will not be able to govern with an incredibly hostile House of Representatives. He, and his cabinet will spend their days answering subpoenas from House committees. If he asks to sneeze, there will be a Senate filibuster. And the American people will "go about like a roaring lion seeking whom he might devour." And they'll find Obama and his party.

Romney will face the same fillibuster in the Senate.

Some are talking about impeachment over Benghazi, the crime being homicide.

Who is talking about this?

I'd like some names and some links to sources.

Have I exaggerated? Maybe, just a little

Ummm...how about a hell of a lot.

Obama's 2nd term, he doesn't have to play nice, he doesn't have to worry about re-election. The Republicans either play ball or get all the blame square on their shoulders.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
If you think the rich have too much money now, just wait if Romney wins.
Hopefully that won't happen, even the information that I've heard over the radio states that Obama is ahead though the voting has not legally started yet.

Romney has too much loot, give him the boot !

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join