It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From NY, eyewitness & victim

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Big hug for you Rocks! I have been following your thread from the beginning. Many of us care very much what happens to you and how you are dealing with this.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Somewhere among this mess is a "Prepper". He was once called a "Survivalist". This person has food, water, and fuel. He has a loaded weapon by his side, and his family sleeps soundly at night. In the we hours he is alert, he stands guard. He knows that this time will pass and his children will again run and play. His neighborhood will be rebuilt and those he cares for will pass along the story of his preperation too their children. He is not afraid. He was ready.
edit on 4-11-2012 by MissingRonnieR because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by consolution
And then this:

Hundreds of DHS in olive drab uniforms that say military police ...are being reported in DC most if not all look Middle Eastern.
Active duty Army from Fort Drum are going to convoy to NY to provide security for power ...That's right army not National guard ...they are leaving in the morning (this was sent to me last night). These are active duty Army.
They are not military police....the Army is going to NYC. If DHS has hundreds of enforcement operators in DC under the guise of military police. That is a huge problem itself.

Any opinions on these two?

We're gonna need source and link to back up this claim....just sayin'...

Des

Des, I just got back from visiting my Mom. Heard on her TV more or less the same thing.

Quartermaster Corps from Jacksonville will be reporting. When asked by the anchor what they would be doing, the reporter said, handing out food and water, reconnecting electricity and aiding in cleanup. (To which I laughed to myself, I mean they are in the Quartermasters Corps, what the heck would they know about hooking up people's power!). And then he started to roll the film. Shows a soldier racking his gun...then the film stopped and the reporter looked like a deer in the headlights and said, well I guess our film is not available, or something to that effect.

Channel 4 WJXT.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

Thanks for the reply. I'll see if I can find anything online....

Des

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Sitting here getting btched at because i read this whole thread.

I noticed the Guy that called hoax has not been back. Where were you when Bernard Schnitzel came around.

This story does not scream hoax to me.

To the OP, I understand your reason to be mad. I would be too. But you have to understand this is the internet and people like to hoax a lot on ATS.

You have to have thick skin to post personal information because we have been hoaxes so much.

Personally I feel that you should keep the people here that do care updated and ignore the rest.

I mainly say this because I have been around for a while and I know that destiny one is a good person, or conveys that message well.

Be Safe and ignore the haters.

edit on 4-11-2012 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Here's my belated link to the story of Army Reservists being deployed for the first time in a civilian mission.
Sorry that this does not include a video of tonight's broadcast I saw, though.

www.news4jax.com...

It appears they are going to pump out the subway. A mission not mentioned in the televised account which stated they would be handing out food and water, (it does mention electrical help however.)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocks123

Rocks:
I am glad that you and your family are safe for the time being. Hopefully it will continue to be that way. I think it's odd that people are so angry and mean when responding to something they don't believe. I do not believe you to be a liar and it seems to me that you have no real reason too. I hope you continue to post updates and stay healthy.

Consolution:
I wish those statements in your first post were true. The dismantling of the bonds holding humanity are too great a dream to be achieved in my opinion. They are pretty words though and I thank you for them.

Zen

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Here's my rant:

I'm from northern NJ. It's still a huge mess. At least half the state is still without power, myself included. No hot water, no lights, no heat, and I can't even keep a decent fire going because it's still so windy. It has now officially been a week. I had to drive 40 miles out to PA just to get gas. It's obvious that JCP&L is in certain mayors' pockets who get priority of power restoration. Don't be fooled that it's any different or that they are servicing the worst affected areas as claimed by the company. Is it really a shocker that the first town to be fully restored was Madison. Not only is Madison one of the richest towns in the area, but it also home to many ex-mafia. Big shocker there. Now to make matters worse, my grandfather passed away earlier in the week and my family had to scramble with no power to find a place to keep him and now they are rushing the funeral big time and making things very difficult. Most of my family does not live in this area, and they did not even seem to consider the fact that we aren't prepared for this. I'm posting this from a hotel room in PA and of course I paid for the premium TV and internet and the channels don't even work and the internet is slow as dirt. This really sucks. Isn't it about time we move to underground power lines, so this crap doesn't happen every single year? Where I live I lose power every time there's a slight breeze. It's ridiculous. The power company has been neglecting this for decades, yet still manages to raise rates on customers. Fix it already! This should have been done years ago.
edit on 4-11-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

Glad you could rant here. Don't know what we can say or do to fix this for you, it's just a horrible disaster, period. Our oldest cities have the oldest infrastructure, and none are prepared for disaster, and even newer cities are not going to survive a surge in ocean water like you all had. I think the worst hit have to start thinking long term, find rental housing now. Some may have to change jobs, pull up roots.
It's going to happen, moving on, and the sooner some do this the better off they will be.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your Grandather at such a horrendous time.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocks123
Thank you to those who understand! and to those who without any knowledge or consideration classify you as a liar, your opinion does not matter.

I am actually laughing at myself thinking that posting on ATS will in anyway provide anything but judgment. I wasted my precious time, shower, food on this? I gave you a point on the map, information to where the location is, this place is ghost town, you sitting home, have food? your kids are warm? do you have burned hands from trying to boil water to wash kids? forget it, once again waste of my time. Come and LOOK where we are!!!!!!! did you know we couldn't sleep last night, we had a guy yelling that people are dying in his building? from no water and elevators from high floors? old people on wheelchair?

I have a friend on this site, who I know very well, he tried getting in touch with me, he knows who I am where I live and what we are going through!

As of now, I have 5 kids, 2 of those are mine, I have additional family staying with me, there are 5 buildings that are still evacuated. Come take a look!!!!!!!! I am not wasting my time anymore! Thank you!

Glad to see you are as okay as you can be. Being a Mom is a tough job as it is, doing it under these terrible conditions is unimaginable. Glad you made it back for an update.

I think, to be fair there were many kind posts in this thread from people wishing you and your family well, with real concern.

There were also a good number of post from people just sharing their opinions on what they thought could of caused what the OP describes.

There were a couple posts from people who called you a hoaxer or a liar.

Im still trying to understand what you witnessed and how you feel about what happened. What did you think of the posts with thoughts and ideas about what might caused the water to rise so fast hours before any rain.?
This is a community like and unlike any other...
Peace

edit on 4-11-2012 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

My Prayers go out to You and Family. I'm so sorry to hear of your 'Grandfather's passing. I wish you some bit of comfort in knowing your ATS family cares....

Des

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by consolution
reply to post by gnosticagnostic

glad my post made you laugh and post soo many smileys

on the other hand: who knows in all of this what's right and what's wrong, if the bow is streched enough and released right now, if the critical dominos have already fallen or when they will ... and if at all.

Waiting for signs and confirmations.

I wasn't trying to be rude.. really it struck my funny bone hard.. if only it were true...

to rocks- sorry i missed your post i'm glad you and your family are hanging in there .. i know how hard it is to survive in difficult situations..

and I forgot who lost a grandfather.. but deepest condolences thats terrible at any time.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Not to disregard the utter clusterf**k that this is, but the OP lives one or two blocks from the ocean on an island, the island is shot through with underground tunnels, there's an arriving hurricane with some of the lowest pressure readings ever, a storm surge coming in at high tide, days' worth of warning, and OP is surprised when the ground starts flooding precipitously??? Has all the Bible-thumping the US now indulges in completely negated any hope of rational thought? Is everybody too busy watching Fox News to learn anything actually, y'know; real and useful?

In some of the later postings, people are already talking about burying power lines and the hopefulness of a 'rebuilding' process. Uhhh... do you really think that rebuilding in this area or anywhere near it, is sensible? Staten Island is shattered, the local diesel tanks are leaking toxic waste, 500,000 people live there with only one reported barely functioning hospital, the water, power and cable lines are down and flooded with salt water (corrosion anyone?) and by the time you even start rebuilding houses, etc., you can bet your last dollar that another storm will arrive. And another, another and another. This isn't so much unprecedented as it is the first warning shot across the bow that living near the coastline during a time of rising ocean levels and warmer seas is not a sustainable choice.

And OP's comments about fake repairmen and authority figures coming and robbing people is just the sort of rumor that always gets started when people are scared (and it's dark). I doubt she saw anything of the sort herself, and she certainly didn't walk miles to get to a phone; not if the roads were all flooded... what we are reading here is the voice of a panicked, scared person in unimaginable circumstances. My thoughts are with everyone, but fergawdsakes, plan on living somewhere else from now on. New York City is a death trap and this proves it. That reality will not change no matter how much 'rebuilding' they decide to do.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire

And OP's comments about fake repairmen and authority figures coming and robbing people is just the sort of rumor that always gets started when people are scared (and it's dark). I doubt she saw anything of the sort herself, and she certainly didn't walk miles to get to a phone; not if the roads were all flooded... what we are reading here is the voice of a panicked, scared person in unimaginable circumstances. My thoughts are with everyone, but fergawdsakes, plan on living somewhere else from now on. New York City is a death trap and this proves it. That reality will not change no matter how much 'rebuilding' they decide to do.

We may want hold off a bit. It has been getting out that bad folks are doing bad things out there. Not that it has to be the top story every night but still the press seems to be downplaying the robbery and the like.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

Did you know that there have been a LOT of volunteers show up to help restore power, but since they weren't "union" they were told, in no uncertain terms, to GO HOME!?
Heard this from a friend of the family inside the dead zone.

ETA: Y'all can thank Chris Christie next election cycle!
edit on 6/11/2012 by SeenMyShare because: Edit to add ........

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Reply to post by SeenMyShare

Bottom line is that we are all screwed if Mitt turns FEMA into a privately run organization.

Corporate entities cannot even give their employees proper health benefits.
Can you imagine if they had to dole out for relief and reconstruction?
Everywhere hit by a disaster would either become a ghost area or it would take 65 years to rebuild.

Best of luck and God Bless to all affected.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

About the trees we had just a big wind gust about 8 years ago 106 miles per hour for seconds and it took out lots of power for a week. The next yeat the electric company began trimming and I mean really trimming to the point people sued for property value lost. A law change so all new power is underground. Change takes time. Take care of you and yours it will get better and your family will be stronger

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
reply to post by Barcs

Did you know that there have been a LOT of volunteers show up to help restore power, but since they weren't "union" they were told, in no uncertain terms, to GO HOME!?
Heard this from a friend of the family inside the dead zone.

ETA: Y'all can thank Chris Christie next election cycle!
edit on 6/11/2012 by SeenMyShare because: Edit to add ........

That's not correct. Apparently is was NY & I believe LI that had those issues. NOT Jersey:
dailycaller.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

found a video of the quartermaster corps about going to trenton but didnt see any soldiers racking his gun if you can find anything and post it here that would be appreciated.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join