It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From NY, eyewitness & victim

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Be helpful to know if it was salt, fresh or grey water.

Doubt any one was drinking it, but if swimming in chest deep..Rocks, would you ask around?..maybe someone knows.

The "web bots " last report had some mention of "primal water" flooding certain areas. Fountains of the deep kinda stuff.

I think the video from Japan before the tsunami is an example of soil "liquification". Seems like New York area is on bedrock...I suspect different cause.

Shaking buildings seems odd. How big were these buildings and what were winds at the time? HAARP readings were apparently off the chart in New England before and during the event.

Thanks to whoever for the manhole vids.. I had no idea.

Nice work Des..it was nice of you to help, "take a chance"... whatever...looking forward to more.

edit on 3-11-2012 by jihadoflove because: Edit to add

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Looks like simple hydrostatic pressure to me. There was a surge of a massi ve body of water that moved toward NYC. As it progressed, it filled all of the underground voids first. Once filled, as long as pressure continued to build, it would come up through the ground.

This is the same principle experienced by most people who have had a basement flood during a storm. Typically that comes up from the drain or through cracks in the floor when the ground or the storm drain are pushed passed their designed capacity. This is just on a much bigger scale.

I don't see a "Conspiracy" here, just Mother Nature at an extreme.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Sorry but this is exactly the kind of thing I would expect to see in a storm like this. Couple it with lunar tides, and the odd nature of the storm to begin with. New York is a very old city despite all of it's modern appearance. There are two century's worth of sewer, water, gas lines and any number of tunnels that were built for a variety of reasons. The pure physics of the thing tells you that there will be lots of things breaking under the surface dealing with stresses they were not designed to deal with.

It is going to be a very long time before they really get things close to normal. And a great many infrastructure projects that get started because of this storm.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jihadoflove

Shaking buildings depends entirely on the building. Modern skyscrapers are actually designed to sway in the wind a little bit. Add to that water mains breaking and subways flooding you could very easily feel as if the one you were in was gonna collapse at any time.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by violet

I haven't heard back from the OP yet. But, I did get about 6 text messages on my phone last night. I don't have a smart phone. Not once, was there any mention of needing anything other than posting her vid for her. According to her messages to me, they don't have access to electricity or showers except for other folks letting them use theirs. Also, she said they have kids, don't know how many. I will post anything I hear from her, whether it be sent to my phone or PM here.

Des

edit on 3-11-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

Hmmmmm. I am not 100% what to make of this whole thing.

There are a couple of things I do know though.

Des, your one brave and caring person. Thanks for updating. be careful.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocks123
Thank you ranger, I texted you the video, pictures you guys looking at are all wrong.... please view my video, this is all I have to show you, please note that I live in this building for 20 years and there are people who live here for over 50 years, this was VERY abnormal very different... I am trying to spread this for analization... nothing less nothing more.... I am leaving! hopefully I will get some phone service tomorrow... Just hoping I gave all information I had in me.....

Thank you

This is the OP's last post, 11/2/12. Her profile says her last visit was 11/3/12. Does this mean she was here, and didn't post?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightSunshine

Originally posted by Rocks123
Thank you ranger, I texted you the video, pictures you guys looking at are all wrong.... please view my video, this is all I have to show you, please note that I live in this building for 20 years and there are people who live here for over 50 years, this was VERY abnormal very different... I am trying to spread this for analization... nothing less nothing more.... I am leaving! hopefully I will get some phone service tomorrow... Just hoping I gave all information I had in me.....

Thank you

This is the OP's last post, 11/2/12. Her profile says her last visit was 11/3/12. Does this mean she was here, and didn't post?

Unless she/he was here at 11:56 PM and then logged off at say 1:30 am,I think it would show her/him being here on the 3rd?

I dont know 100%

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by morethanyou

Na it was 1012 pm, and she said she was leaving because she only had a few mins to borrow a computer... I'm starting to think this was lame.

What if Dave was right? All just a sinister plan to drop the line about 'people dressed as cops (and some other types of rescue people). going around robbing people. Just to put crap in peoples' heads?

doubt it. Probably just some lame...

edit on 4-11-2012 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Do Blackberrys have web capabilities? My iphone is old, good for a glance, but not for typing.
Her history shows she does not post a lot, and every disaster is different. We are watching news channels from New York, but Coney Island is demolished. There are operational parts of New York, but evidently Staten Island is lost.
During Hurricane Ike, I did not use my phone very much, saving it. We didn't drive anywhere, because we were saving the gasoline.
We could cook, had a radio, no rain, all the damage was done by the wind, but had no power for two weeks. We had a relatively good vacation, to be honest.
Other parts of town had nothing. Some parts of town had power all along.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Just finished reading through this topic. I'm probably going to ruffle some feathers by saying this, so please let me apologize in advance if this is the case, as it is not my intent. I'm just expressing an opinion/feeling.

This topic was incredibly frustrating and disappointing. Not because of TC potentially being a hoaxer (though a skeptical person must consider that possibility) but because of the readiness to leap outright to that conclusion, and the response to it. Please hear me out before jumping on me, because this is what I saw when reading through this topic:

• TC comes in and shares story. Says she is attempting to share video evidence of said story. Story may or may not be true for all we know at this point.
  • Users offer to help TC get content uploaded. One finally succeeds.
  • Footage is not entirely consistent with description, although TC and the user ostensibly aiding her in uploading the content suggest there will be more to follow that will be. Again, at this point the story may or may not be true for all we know.
  • Other users immediately begin to cry hoax and scam. There is no proof of this, yet they feel comfortable adopting this conclusion.
  • Said users begin attacking others who fail to see the "obvious" hoax or scam as implicitly gullible, naive, and demonstrating a desire to be first in line to be manipulated (while in their own right trying to be first in line to prove themselves somehow less gullible and less easy to take in than others, all while attacking them in the process... seemingly oblivious to the inherent hypocrisy in this.)
  • Users begin scouring TC's post and login history to look for discrepancies that could be evidence of a deception. Some potential evidence is found, and this is used to bolster the case for a hoax. Other explanations exist, but these are dismissed and the general consensus among some is now that this was a hoax.
  • Virtually no one on either end of the speculative spectrum seems willing to simply wait and reserve judgment until sufficient evidence to constitute proof one way or another is established. The one or two people who are, and are just patiently trying to help TC either prove or disprove (hang themselves) their story, are implied to be naive and gullible.
  • The willingness to show compassion just in case this story is true is viewed as weak, gullible, naive, and, evidently, worthy of scorn.
  • Everyone ends up arguing between the two extremes.

I intend no offense, and if I have mischaracterized anything that has happened in this topic to date, please accept my sincere apologies. That is certainly not my intent... just as I hope the above impression was not anyone else's attempt in their posts herein. But these topics always seem to follow this pattern, and it makes me legitimately sad, frustrated, and disappointed in people. That isn't intended to attack anyone... it's just genuinely how I feel. Sad and disappointed. And people don't even seem aware that they're doing it. Or, if they are, they seem not to care.

Can we not, please, at least consider patiently giving people the benefit of the doubt while also remaining skeptical and rigorous? Or am I alone in this desire? The truth will out regardless of whether we rush to judgment or hold off and wait, after all. They're not going to "get one over on us" if we remain skeptical but also patient. On the other hand, if their story is true, and they are in a daily struggle for a basic standard of living, they may not be willing to return or continue making an effort to share their story and any potential evidence thereof, if all they encounter is what they might consider further dismissal and abandonment.

Just something to consider. Hope I didn't anger anyone.

TC, assuming your story is true, my heart goes out to you and I wish you and your family all the best. I don't feel particularly naive or gullible for saying that, because if it turns out to be untrue... oh well, I was compassionate and I can live with that.

Peace.
edit on 11/4/2012 by AceWombat04 because: Typo

edit on 11/4/2012 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I think the OP is a valid poster, but I think there was a certain level of exaggeration going on. Unless we see the evidence of geysers of water gushing out of the ground, then we will have to go on the footage we've seen, which still proves the basic principle that many have suggested.

We know that NY has grown out into the water, land has been created. This land is not as stable and compact as the rest, and this would result in fissures and voids all over.

After centuries of construction and development, there will be millions of miles of voids, pipes, tunnels and disused sewers all over the city. This is a city with a vast underground network, which goes far beyond what is actually used and what is actually seen by commuters and even city workers. There are abandoned rail lines, abandoned stations, abandoned infrastructure across the city.

We know that considerable areas of the underground would be flooded first. As water rises it pushes the air up through these voids. While I think that happened all over NY, and while I think that would result in the more dramatic geysers reported, that's not what we are seeing in the video. What I think we are seeing the specific video is air and water being forced up through existing cracks in the concrete and asphalt as the level of water rises beneath.

All I'm seeing in this video is evidence of a change in pressure beneath the ground as the water level rises, forcing air and water from voids beneath as the storm surge comes in. This is not suspicious in my opinion, this is something I would expect.

I think it's just the result of misunderstanding, with the poster having seen the evidence of EQ related conditions before - like liquefaction and so on - and connecting this event to that.

There clearly was not any EQ activity. We know this to be a fact. There have been no other reports of EQ events, there is no evidence for it, and the probability of it is so unlikely it's verging on impossibility. Therefore, if there was no EQ to explain phenomena that seems similar in nature to something that occurs in EQ scenarios, it's logical to attribute it to the flooding.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04

Can we not, please, at least consider patiently giving people the benefit of the doubt while also remaining skeptical and rigorous? Or am I alone in this desire? The truth will out regardless of whether we rush to judgment or hold off and wait, after all. They're not going to "get one over on us" if we remain skeptical but also patient. On the other hand, if their story is true, and they are in a daily struggle for a basic standard of living, they may not be willing to return or continue making an effort to share their story and any potential evidence thereof, if all they encounter is what they might consider further dismissal and abandonment.

Just something to consider. Hope I didn't anger anyone.

I was thinking the same thing yesterday while reading the comments on here. If I was the victim / witness, I would never say another word here again.

Personally, I think this person was bullied to never come back, given the negativity.

This thread shows what's important on ATS...a person sharing first hand accounts. Let's not forget that.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I've been looking over a lot of the photos of damage on various news sites and I think what the poster was describing was the tidal surge coming in UNDER the infrastructure. There are several photos out on news sites that show the cracking and uplift of road ways, sidewalks, etc. that appear to be caused by water being pushed under and then up through the surface of the structure.

All I can say is that just looking at the photos I've found, it would be very frightening to witness that occurring, and it would be very similar to what this poster is describing.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Sunday morning quick update. I have not heard from the OP again. I can only hope, she and her family have received relocation help.I do have her phone number in my phone from her texts to me the first night, but am reluctant to call. I don't think it would be wise on my part to use any charge on her phone if they are using for only emergency purposes.

I don't know the current status of anything....but, wish them all the best. If I do hear anything from her, I will post immediately.....

Des

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Here is just one example of what I'm talking about. This was taken in an area in North Carolina. There are several more photos out on various news site that show this same type of uplift.

This would have to be caused by the tidal surge literally forcing it's way under the road surface and then pushing up through it by hydraulic force. I believe witnessing this would match closely with what the OP was describing. Same amount of water, just coming from an unexpected direction!
edit on 11-4-2012 by Valhall because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
56 people flagged this thread, and you'd never post again...because a few people were skeptical of your story???
We're suppose to be some what skeptical.

Anyone in the situation the OP described most likely wouldn't give a #about, and half expect, skeptical people not to believe her.

Really, do you really think that someone who lost everything (and finds it fishy) would get all worked up over the expected few nay Sayers on ATS?

I think over all the participants of this thread were kind, helpful, and hopeful.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
For those still interested in her story, just wait. Coney Island still has no power, to get somewhere there with power you'd have to walk a little distance, if your lucky. For surrounding ares in Brooklyn, people that have gotten power back, lost it again. There are others who never lost power during the storm, then lost it afterwards. Add to that the cold, stress of eating, children (if she does indeed have), we just cant make all these judgemental comments and we're not in the thick of it suffering.

I'm literally minutes from her. There is a huge difference between my area and hers. Mine didnt suffer, we didnt lose power, and me judging her because she hasnt been back online or explained herself would be stupid on my part, because I know on the other side of the train route I could get to take to her is destroyed along with that neighborhood. It is freezing right now in nyc, I could care less if she comes back on today. I care that she and her family are warm and safe and fed today though. I can wait for response and take it from there.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeBrooklyn
For those still interested in her story, just wait. Coney Island still has no power, to get somewhere there with power you'd have to walk a little distance, if your lucky. For surrounding ares in Brooklyn, people that have gotten power back, lost it again. There are others who never lost power during the storm, then lost it afterwards. Add to that the cold, stress of eating, children (if she does indeed have), we just cant make all these judgemental comments and we're not in the thick of it suffering.

I'm literally minutes from her. There is a huge difference between my area and hers. Mine didnt suffer, we didnt lose power, and me judging her because she hasnt been back online or explained herself would be stupid on my part, because I know on the other side of the train route I could get to take to her is destroyed along with that neighborhood. It is freezing right now in nyc, I could care less if she comes back on today. I care that she and her family are warm and safe and fed today though. I can wait for response and take it from there.

Be our eyes on the ground.
Relay to us the areas you know of, what has happened or is not happening.
Thank you so much.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

My cousin in WV told me they barely got a dusting and 20 miles over gut pumbled with 3 feet of snow. Crazy how weather works...

So what do you think of her claims about the state of affairs in her neighborhood, petaining to' 'people all over being robbed by people in uniforms?' and what not?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Thank you to those who understand! and to those who without any knowledge or consideration classify you as a liar, your opinion does not matter.

I am actually laughing at myself thinking that posting on ATS will in anyway provide anything but judgment. I wasted my precious time, shower, food on this? I gave you a point on the map, information to where the location is, this place is ghost town, you sitting home, have food? your kids are warm? do you have burned hands from trying to boil water to wash kids? forget it, once again waste of my time. Come and LOOK where we are!!!!!!! did you know we couldn't sleep last night, we had a guy yelling that people are dying in his building? from no water and elevators from high floors? old people on wheelchair?

I have a friend on this site, who I know very well, he tried getting in touch with me, he knows who I am where I live and what we are going through!

As of now, I have 5 kids, 2 of those are mine, I have additional family staying with me, there are 5 buildings that are still evacuated. Come take a look!!!!!!!! I am not wasting my time anymore! Thank you!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join