It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From NY, eyewitness & victim

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tommy629
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

found a video of the quartermaster corps about going to trenton but didnt see any soldiers racking his gun if you can find anything and post it here that would be appreciated.

I watched the live broadcast. This was from a pre-taped segment of the reporters story. I don't know why that was the way the tape started with footage of a soldier in camo racking a gun but that was it!!. Then end of tape in 2seconds.
Then the reporter was standing at a live remote location and it went back to him. He was just standing there not ready for them to cut back to him right away (have no idea how long the taped segment of the Quartermasters interview was or what it would have went on to contain). He just mumbled that the footage was not able to play or available to play or something to that effect.

You'd have to ask another person who lived in the viewing area to confirm this, I suppose.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by j.r.c.b.

It is correct and I wish the guy who told me had electricity. I'd have him join just to clarify. Edit to add: he was standing right there when the order was received for the volunteers to leave.
edit on 6/11/2012 by SeenMyShare because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
hey guys, hope you're all doing well!

so about 10 minutes ago i noticed an isolated incident in this whole sandy event that i thought i should immediately bring up. i just started hearing the craziest helicopter sound i've ever heard in my life, which made me look up to notice two military cargo helicopters just breezing by the neighborhood.

this is the first time i have seen this since the storm. i thought you would all like to get the heads up on this before we find out what the purpose was. i'm hoping they just delivered a huge dumpload of gasoline, which people are still extraordinarily looking for, by the way.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

I'm in jersey, I seen 2 large fleet of non union workers start coming in last Friday. They are still here.. More trucks came in during the week. They are here working.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by facedye
hey guys, hope you're all doing well!

so about 10 minutes ago i noticed an isolated incident in this whole sandy event that i thought i should immediately bring up. i just started hearing the craziest helicopter sound i've ever heard in my life, which made me look up to notice two military cargo helicopters just breezing by the neighborhood.

this is the first time i have seen this since the storm. i thought you would all like to get the heads up on this before we find out what the purpose was. i'm hoping they just delivered a huge dumpload of gasoline, which people are still extraordinarily looking for, by the way.

I read today, can't remember which news site, the Army was going to be flying in 2 large fuel tanks for your area. Hope you get some of that gas....

Des

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The Army is showing up with guns to keep the peace. I seen this during hurricane Andrew in 1992. There was a large military presence. They set up to hand out the food and water and have to have armed soldiers to protect them from looters. People get desperate when there is no food or water. Even good people will steal food and water for their families. Nothing strange or odd about that. It might seem a little intimidating to those who aren't use to it. But they are there to help. The large cargo helicopters are prob. bringing food and bottled water.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
To clear this up: Jersey Shore Hurricane News...#njsandy getting bombarded by questions asking, "how come your not reporting the story about the non union workers from Alabama getting turned away from seaside heights?" Here's why: all media reports that are currently circulating are only going off one source (WAFF.COM) Jersey Central Power and Light spokesman, Ron Moreno told news12 told JCP&L HAS accepted help from ALL CREWS. "We have NOT TURNED AWAY ANY HELP", he said "absolutely not". Please always consider the source! Read more comments belw article, people are testifying the non union crews ARE STILL THERE, working on their streets....

www.nbcphiladelphia.com...

***Please read the comments in this article, it proves the Alabama crews are indeed in NJ and wherever else needed***
edit on 11/10/12 by j.r.c.b. because: Important update....

Another article as proof: www.snopes.com...
edit on 11/10/12 by j.r.c.b. because: Additional info...

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Sorry, this was bugging me so bad, because my hubs is a non union tree climber & he has been working right alongside asplundh & other other union companies. He gets a call & goes where he is needed...(80 hrs) he logged in this past week....still a LOT of work to be done....

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by facedye

i just started hearing the craziest helicopter sound i've ever heard in my life, which made me look up to notice two military cargo helicopters just breezing by the neighborhood.

I was in Long Beach last weekend (11/3/12). This is a part of Long Island that is an island right up on the waterfront. I was helping a family member clean out & gather belongings so she can come live with us for a while. She lost everything.

I also saw the choppers many times. Two low flying Apache's and one Chinook following close behind. They were flying around many times. I guess they were landing near by Lido Beach. That's where the Red Cross had set up shop in a vacant parking lot. Makes sense that they were bringing in supplies.

In addition to the choppers, there were National Guardsmen riding around in Humvees. I guess they were looking for looters. They did have what appeared to be machine guns at the ready.

The Red Cross was also driving around looking for people and handing out meals. The area looks like a destroyed ghost town. Not many human beings there. It did have a mandatory evacuation order. Looks like most listened to the Evac order.

There was a curfew in place starting at 7pm. NY State Police were there in full force enfocing the curfew. (Not sure if the curfew is still in effect.)

To gain access to Long Beach, ID showing proof of residence is required to get past State Police road blocks.

Jones beach was destroyed. I heard that they lost their boardwalk. I can't confirm this because JB is 100% off limits. Cops won't let anyone through to JB.

This was last Saturday. My wife went again this Saturday (11/10/12) and she said not much had changed.

-E2

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I finally got my power back yesterday. It's good to be able to actually live at my house again.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs
I finally got my power back yesterday. It's good to be able to actually live at my house again.

Glad to read that.

Having gone through Katrina, and having been in a similar situation, you really begin to realize that even the small stuff matters. Electricity, warm baths, food, shelter....

I hate to say it, but doesn't it feel invigorating to know that we take so much for granted? Where in society did we lose our souls?

Best wishes to you, and yours.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
phys.org...

This may apply to what was witnessed as well.

''Previous research has predicted that by the end of the century, sea level may rise 1 meter. Kolja Rotzoll, Postdoctoral Researcher at the UHM Water Resources Research Center and Charles Fletcher, UHM Associate Dean, found that the flooded area in urban Honolulu, Hawaii, including groundwater inundation, is more than twice the area of marine inundation alone. Specifically, a 1-meter rise in sea level would inundate 10% of a 1-km wide heavily urbanized area along the shoreline of southern Oahu and 58% of the total flooded area is due to groundwater inundation.''
edit on 12-11-2012 by Caver78 because: add info

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join