Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

What drives some to make the assumption that the U.S. is NOT as Militarily Advanced as it truly is?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

There is now Weaponry that is capable of doing what Nukes can do without the Radiation. We also have developed some Very Out There Tech...this Tech. will never see the light of day. Black all the way. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Follow the link provided in my signature

* Star Wars it has begun....

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

And these things are PUBLIC! The FEL is the real deal and the MEB is supposedly true Death from Above. The Covert Black Programs are way beyond the publicly known. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

It probably won't happen tomorrow or next year. It may take twenty or a hundred years. It may not be Iran or Russia or China, but someone, somewhere, will defeat us. It's an inescapable fact of history.

The bigger something is, the more parts it has that can fail.

The Chinese are already thinking about asymmetrical warfare. They won't be as foolish as the Russians were and try to match us ship for ship and plane for plane. We have aircraft carriers-they plan to launch the Sunburst and target our carrier groups. We have a satellite network-they can shoot down satellites with old rockets. While some new super weapon may shock and awe the first time we use it, someone will figure out a way to counter it.

Yes, we will defeat Iran this time, but it will push us further into debt. It will inflame the Arab world even more. And it may be the last straw that makes Russia say, "You know what? F*ck it. We're selling nuke technology to any country who wants to protect themselves, just because we're tired of the U.S. dictating everything." So, in the long run, not a real win.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I would say a lot of it has to do with the general ignorance in the populace about matters related to the military. I'm sure that you have heard the argument that goes something like this:
"If our Military is so advanced, how come we can't defeat terrorists in the Mid-East"
That or problems in Afghanistan have little to do with technology and more to do with strategy is simply lost on these people. Isn't their fault, they are just uninformed. These are the same people who also mistakenly think that the side with more people must automatically be the one that will win a war. There is also a lot of distrust toward the govt. and Military on this site simply because its a conspiracy site, and as we all know, many conspiracy and "alternative" theories are partially or wholly based on the premise that the Military/govt. is evil and only lies.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyFishFrog
This is not a troll answer but what I think:

9/11

If the USA had as powerful and advanced a military as people believed then 19 minimally funded hijackers wouldn't have pulled off what they did.

Oddly enough though, if proven that it was an inside job, then I would say absolutely.

That had nothing to do with military ability, if anything it was a failure of intelligence.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

Well you may be right but as long as the U.S. continues to have a wide aspect of every race, creed and has large groups of people who have come from all of the Worlds countries...it is unlikely. Empires fall...as long as we stay away from becoming one we should be alright.

We are so far in advancement of every other nation that it is becoming a very serious issue that Ultra-High levels of Tech which could have World Changing effects for the good if released for public use and yet our Military will not release this Tech due to it's possible Military apps.

As it stands right now...we have a Very Good Missile defense system in place with the FEL system to eventually become the Ultimate Defense as well as offense...in the mid term the New SM-3 ABM is very good at shooting down ICBM's.

Anything is possible but not necessarily likely. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Antonio1

That issue has more to do with Politics than Military action as if we wanted to we could easily destroy all Terrorist Camps but this would take a toll on Civilian Populations. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
for the sake of the almighty military-industrial complex, I HOPE IT IS.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
The reason people don't believe that the US military is as advanced as it is:
they have made it seem not so, from incidents with Chinese and Russian subs,
to aircraft violating no fly zones, or so we are told, this is all simply put to inspire
false confidence in everyone but those who know the true capability.

If china or Russia want to move a sub near one of our fleets and we don't want them to
know our true detection capabilities then we aren't going to jump on them for it.
that's akin to me saying i bet you don't have tons of cash stashed in your house!
and you going oh yea i bet i do! see here is a pocket full and that's only pocket change
to me, well you've done two things there, proven your rich and let me know that
if i wanted to rob a house yours would be the one.....

So they wanna keep this secret, well they look at the pros and cons of the situation,
does one submarine being close to our coast or one of our fleets put the nation
in danger? if the cons IE how much danger we face at the time from not showing
our true detection capabilities outweigh the pros i have no doubt we would call
them on it, but on the other hand, we know that the probability of having one or
even a few small "threats" near us is almost certainly not going to lead to a major
conflict then why would we sound the klaxon and give away our ability to track
those things? we wouldn't it the answer really.

this same thing applies across the board, you will not see the capabilities until
they are needed, that's a fact, its how they have always done military tech, until they
simply cant hide it and there is no reason to they will not admit to what they have.
its poker 101, you don't show your hand until all your chips are in. anyone who
thinks civies know half the tech the military is using has an ego the size of the
planet...... I have no idea of their real capabilities, what i do know is there are
tiny bits and pieces of info that if put together add up to military tech that's just
scary.

and the scariest part? the stuff they have leaked tiny bits of info about is most
likely behind what they really have to use, i cant even imagine what the truly
black list stuff is now days, something beyond the FEL and highly advanced early
warning systems already in use.......

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
What do you mean by US military strength? Are you talking about the ability of the US to
go to other countries and kick-ass?

We in the US spend almost half of the entire world's military budget. There is no country
capable of a US invasion. Our only concern is who do we invade next....

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Oh gee, I don't know maybe Hollywoods excesive use of CGI. Plus the fact that it has had it's ass handed to it for 10 years plus, by malnurished goat herders with stick's and stone's. With-out allied help you would be even worse off. What does it matter anyway,wars suck.What really is the point you are trying to make here ?

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
You lost Vietnam. You only beat Japan by nuking it (which destroys your argument that the U.S won't use excessive force due to international fallout). The russians beat germany NOT the U.S. With how Iraq and Afghanistan are panning out you really aren't winning much there either. So if the U.S military has all this star trek type weaponry you would think they might have used it by now because every time you go to war you just look more and more incompetent. You seem to be able to fight well from above with carpet bombing, drone attacks etc... but on the ground your record, is well, quite laughable.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
ANSWER - HISTORICAL FACT

Few realise that the second most deadly war in history was NOT the First World War... it was the Taiping Revolt...which no-one in the US has ever heard of... which is why they face a precise repeat of this disaster.

Despite massively outnumbering the rebels by thousands to one and being way, way better armed and trained than the rebels, the religious extremists of the Taiping rebels continued to fight a successful war year after year after year with the Chinese Imperial Army who suffered defeat after defeat after defeat.

Why?

Simple, for the same reason why the US is in dire risk of persistant defeat now.

In order to rebalance the massive trade deficit with China, the Western power, through use of military action, had force China to open its door to massive flood of imports of... drugs. And, with corruption rife in the Imperial court, particularly amongst the internal security forces, many at the top made piles of cash by ensuring that cartloads of drugs were sold to the Chinese military.

...So, despite having the best training and equipment, the fact that the entire Chinese army arrived at each battlefield so high that they could barely stand meant that they were easily utterly butchered by the religious extremists rebels who, under their religion, were avowed never to use drugs.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by newcovenant

Actually...the largest employer of the U.S. Population is Small Business which employs over 80% of all people.
Split Infinity

Small business? It's all business and they are many employers where as this is one.
The US government. Nobody tops that.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I agree totally but when you send in the old cavalry so to speak history has taught us that you guys can fail miserably at times look at your last 50 years of conflict, that being said though the "grunts" never use the secret kick ass tech I know you guys have over their.

Its bad to say but sometimes I kind of wish the US has a major war just to see some of those nasty toys being used, multi stored missiles, lasers, crazy robots and stealth are just some of the toys I have heard about imagine what is really kept under the vail.

fact is you no longer need nukes to end the world the US will have known this for a few decades now

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uberdavo
You lost Vietnam.

Because politicians tied the military hands behind their back, and told them to go box with the enemy.

You only beat Japan by nuking it (which destroys your argument that the U.S won't use excessive force due to international fallout).

Japan was essentially defeated, but the choice was made to use the atomic bomb because the entire country would have risen up to defend the emperor, and it would have been almost genocidal. As for international fallout, every country fighting in WWII committed atrocities. No one's hands were clean, and at the time that's how war was fought. They didn't have smart bombs, or the weapons we have now to make war "cleaner" the way we can today.

The russians beat germany NOT the U.S. With how Iraq and Afghanistan are panning out you really aren't winning much there either.

Rewrite history much? The Russians, the US, and the British all fought Germany. The Russians and US forces entered Germany at roughly the same time. The Russians did a lot to defeat Germany but they certainly didn't do it single handedly, and couldn't have done it without the US, and the Lend-Lease program, or the second front that was opened after D-Day.

So if the U.S military has all this star trek type weaponry you would think they might have used it by now because every time you go to war you just look more and more incompetent. You seem to be able to fight well from above with carpet bombing, drone attacks etc... but on the ground your record, is well, quite laughable.

Of course it is. I love how you rewrite history, and pick the war where Washington had a committee to pick targets, and had to have presidential approval to hit a target, which could take days sometimes, by which time the target was gone. Or they couldn't hit a target because it would send the "wrong message". Our track record on the ground is just fine, and Iraq and Afghanistan would be done if they would have let the military fight the way they know they can, instead of having to make everyone love us.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Why do these pitiful apes known as humans care so much about war any way? Who cares. This is the 21st century. There shouldn't be war anymore. We should be looking at colonizing the galaxy, not fighting with ourselves over stupid # that isn't going to matter when were all dead any way. Why waste what little time you have in your short lifespan fighting and waging war? Go out and enjoy life...

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong

So it beggers the question. Why won't the US get involved in Syria. The answer would be that they FEAR Russian and Chinese involvement. Any country that has a military advantage over ever other country knows that it has nothing to fear. The US has not got that advantage. It does not know for certain what secret projects other countries have.

you have that totally wrong.
In a war with them, we could still win yet lose millions and millions of people.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

It appears on a few of my points you have totally missed... well the point. As far as your record on the ground gos, I think you need to talk to some viet vets from Australia. They were more worried about coming across americans in the jungle than the Vietnamese. Shooting at anything that moved, making more noise than a tractor through the bush and mowing the jungle with bullets. You should look into cross fire casualties.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join