It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What drives some to make the assumption that the U.S. is NOT as Militarily Advanced as it truly is?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Funny you should say...how can we turn it around? Well...I have an actual ANSWER! It is also in line with this topic. The Two A1B Fission Reactors that are supposed to be used for the new Carriers as well as Refitted Nimitz class may not have the enough power necessary to properly run the ship and power the FEL.

Two alternate plans have been considered. Either Two newer Reactor designs but they have already committed to the A1B's or...adding a Third Reactor and this one is a Low Temp. Micro-Fusion Reactor capable of 7 times the output of one A1B.

They have them but the issue is how will the public react if during an Energy Crunch out of Nowhere comes Fusion Reactors at Low Temp.? This is the type of Tech. that is WORLD CHANGING and if released...could eliminate our dependence on OIL! Would LOVE to see this but I think they will keep it secret. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyFishFrog

Yes they could have, simply because of two things that were true on that day.

1.) NORAD and the US Air Force were looking at outside threats, not internal threats.

2.) During the 1990s, when Clinton was slashing the military budget, the alert force of fighters defending the US mainland was cut down to anywhere from 14-21 depending on whether a particular base had 2 or 4 standing alert.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
they have AK-47's and IUD's

Was that a typo? I haven't laughed so hard in months.

On Topic - how much of our budget is a victim of fraud. waste, and abuse? With so many working pieces that is a huge factor.

Even with that factored in though, we have to have secrets that will never see the light of day. That much money has to be going somewhere.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

Yeah...it was a typo. Now I have to listen to Purple Chicken go on and on about it. LOL! What are you going to do? LOL! Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
The bottom line is we have stuff that would surpass the world rather easly,but nobody knows about it because we pull our punches (GREATLY SO) because we don't like such distruction,as a nation WE AREN'T HAPPY to kill anybody or anything,but nobody else seems to give a crap about others so we have put out fires and fix things,not to mention the cursed men who kill for politics or throw lives away in secrecy.And let's not forget the highest tech is in private hands so who controls it? My question is under what circumstances would we see an all out deployment of 5th Tier tech.We don't need it however if the war is indeed to defend the country.Our troops are a secret weapon if the have nationalist motivation because their adaptation skill allow them to win above most nations who's citizenry have been steeped in a "caste" culture.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Military advancement is little more than an expression of insecurity.

I don't feel particularly insecure,I don't know what y'alls problem is.

Maybe you just take all this stuff you hear and see on TV 2 seriosly.

Damn,textflex comin back..............

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Military advancement does not really include the human factor.

Most U.S. bred humans are pretty lame,they think war is a game.

Who has the best drones,who is building the best drones?.

It's about technolgy,there are no secrets that can be hidden/protected/hoarded anymore,here.

Who has the most obedient human drones?.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CA2013

Wikileaks showed what exactly?

An edited video that shows an Al-Jazeera reporter standing shoulder to shoulder with armed insurgents in the middle of a declared war-zone getting killed by a U.S. Apache followed by an good samaritan/idiot/insurgent sympathizer (you choose) who makes the very regrettable decision to try and render aid (which makes him a legitimate target) in the direct aftermath of a still hot situation with his children in the car.

How about the response of the U.S. troops when they found out their were wounded children in the vehicle?

The way the U.S. soldiers rushed them to medical aid was truly barbaric.

From the sound of your post you aren't even familiar with what the video actually depicts much less the source.

For all the flaws of U.S. foreign policy there has never been a power in the history of the world that shows the moral restraint and concern for civilian life of the modern military and this is proven through the impartial observation of U.S. tactical doctrine.

After all, why bother with all the fuss when you have a fleet of B-52's capable of carpet bombing the city to rubble in a manner of hours?

From day one our servicemen have taken great measures, often at the expense of their own safety, to protect the well being of noncombatants.

To say anything else in an insult to their integrity, bravery and professionalism.

Another word of advice, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the U.S. economy to implode.

Contrary to the sky is falling narrative always popular with some on ATS, the U.S. has weathered much tougher economic times and isn't going broke anytime in the foreseeable future.

IMHO, of course...

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

I learned about a group here in the US called the Jacksonians, reading a sci-fi book by John Ringo (he tends to build a LOT of reality such as this into his books, which makes them so much more fun to read, and by Jacksonian I don't mean Jacksonian Democrats).

I put myself firmly in this belief system (I agree with pretty much every single point of how they view themselves without even having heard of them), and think that it makes a lot of sense looking at how wars have been fought by the US. The basic view towards warfare (as described nicely by Ringo), is that a Jacksonian doesn't view war as a first or last resort, but when you go to war, you smash them into the ground and put your boot on their neck until they unconditionally surrender. Once the surrender is effected, Jacksonians go back to pretty much not caring if we rebuild them, or become allies with them, or whatever. But if you're going to war, you go all out, and smash them as fast and as completely as possible.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MyHappyDogShiner

This GAME you are talking about was responsible for keeping the Free World safe from Soviet expansion for decades. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

It is like the rich guy who always cries poverty.

They are crying so we do not cut funding for our military and instead increase it.

The military is big business and has become the countries largest employer. Everyone is just trying to get a little job security. Soon as we all get over the last couple wars, there will be another war to test all the new toys that were developed between wars.

edit on 2-11-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Actually...the largest employer of the U.S. Population is Small Business which employs over 80% of all people.
Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyFishFrog
This is not a troll answer but what I think:

9/11

If the USA had as powerful and advanced a military as people...

A Lion never gets stung by a wasp or a hornet?

Meh...

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

What drives some to make the assumption that the U.S. is NOT as Militarily Advanced as it truly is?

Because it's not cool to discuss these matters here at ATS. If you do then you get slapped with being called jingoist

Meanwhile Russia China and Iran are all impervious to attack........

edit on 2-11-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Slayer...You are right! But if I am stung I get a can of Wasp spray and kill the Wasp Nest!

The U.S. Military can be surprised but not in any major way. One of the most useful tech. that came out of the 9/11 event was the U.S. Space Commands ability to pin point any Radioactive Material from Satellites. These Sats detection systems which can detect a variety of Radiation such as X-Rays, Gamma Rays, Neutron Decay...etc...and their sensitivity is such that it has been said that they can even detect some form of emission that is consistent with Nuclear Fuel even if it is encased in a LEAD BOX!

During the London Olympics the U.K. requested and was granted U.S. Satellite Surveillance as well as Mobile Radiation Detection Units that covered a good part of the entire European Continent. This tech. is something that is vital for the prevention of the possibility of Nuclear Terrorism.

It was said to be so sensitive that workers in a Radiation Therapy Hospital were actually tracked as well as the visiting patients. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Will any of this super tech be revealed even if their isn't a global war or alien invasion or full scale attacks on America?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
And WHY OH WHY do all the people I talk to below the age of 30 ,not understand I don't like war?That is why I learn look and listen.Who so ever sees it as paranoia ,right wing ,whatever YOU think it is. I am doing my level best to protect as I was trained to do by recon.I don't have a fan club nor am I asking your acceptance,this isn't a competition for my ego.All I ask is you learn so we can STOP it.So far it is FAR above the norm to even give what your opposite says ANY creedence.And hostility is the new debate tool not facts.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I don't worry about that as I work in the field now and then although I am supposed to be retired. People just have NO IDEA how Vicious some people are as well as how they would take great pleasure in Killing a Bunch of us.

Some people go on believing that people all think the same and are RATIONAL....they are not and I have seen some things that were so F'd up it is hard to talk about.

Yet these same people who scream that the U.S. is a murderer or worse are the first ones to scream...Why doesn't the U.S. help this country or that country? They go on with their lives until something effects them then they scream for help! Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by johnthejedi24

As far as Hostile E.T.'s....we can all Kiss our Asses GOODBYE if they ever got hostile. They could launch from orbit a Bio-weapon that would take out all life on Earth or just Humans if they desired.

As far as the U.S. Military's Ultra-High Tech. Weapons...these are for LAST USE and even if used no one would be left alive on the receiving end to talk about it. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
Slayer...You are right! But if I am stung I get a can of Wasp spray and kill the Wasp Nest!

The U.S. Military can be surprised but not in any major way.

Yet, you got stung

The US hasn't gone all out and completely flatten the opposition in Total War. The world hasn't seen Total war since WW-II. This is of course not to say Russia, China and Iran have lost their perceived impervious status...

edit on 2-11-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join