It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What drives some to make the assumption that the U.S. is NOT as Militarily Advanced as it truly is?

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Fapomet

By taking advantage of their weaknesses. The US military has always been focused on threats outside the US coming in, not internal threats.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
If the USA hits it debt ceiling the USA Armed forces will end up useless. All those 100million doller planes and billion doller warships wont be much use if you can even afford the fuel that goes in them.....

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Fapomet

Fighting an insurgency 8000 miles away is hardly a way to measure a militaries over all capabilities. These sorts of things are hard to stamp out but, have no real chance of a miliraty victory. Even in Nazi occupied territories right next store to Germany resitance groups did the same. Stamping out resitance movements in far off lands has always been pretty much the same for any great power. They are never a big enough threat to bring the full weight of your military power on. However if it comes to stand up fight nothing on earth can go toe to toe with the US military. The speed, coordination and firepower is truely frightening.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

MrSpad
reply to post by Fapomet

Fighting an insurgency 8000 miles away is hardly a way to measure a militaries over all capabilities. These sorts of things are hard to stamp out but, have no real chance of a miliraty victory. Even in Nazi occupied territories right next store to Germany resitance groups did the same. Stamping out resitance movements in far off lands has always been pretty much the same for any great power. They are never a big enough threat to bring the full weight of your military power on. However if it comes to stand up fight nothing on earth can go toe to toe with the US military. The speed, coordination and firepower is truely frightening. [/quote
--
Well said. Star.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Four foot tall Vietnamese men in pajamas agree with you.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by Fapomet

By taking advantage of their weaknesses. The US military has always been focused on threats outside the US coming in, not internal threats.

Well, I didn't realize that all conspiracy theories could just be brushed under the rug so non-chalantly. Thanks for clearing that up for us, I guess they can just shut ATS down now.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Fapomet

Wow. Yet again someone puts words in my mouth. You want theory or you want fact? If you want to sit and talk conspiracy theory all day, then don't come sit on a discussion board and ask a question that has an answer. You want fact, then ask, and you'll get it.

But you're right, I'm sorry. Let me put this a better way.

Ermhagerd! Al-CIA-DUH beat the US! Ermahgerd! The US is so weak!

Better?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

MrSpad
reply to post by Fapomet

Fighting an insurgency 8000 miles away is hardly a way to measure a militaries over all capabilities. These sorts of things are hard to stamp out but, have no real chance of a miliraty victory. Even in Nazi occupied territories right next store to Germany resitance groups did the same. Stamping out resitance movements in far off lands has always been pretty much the same for any great power. They are never a big enough threat to bring the full weight of your military power on. However if it comes to stand up fight nothing on earth can go toe to toe with the US military. The speed, coordination and firepower is truely frightening.

Who's talking about fighting 8,000 miles away? I'm talking about being infiltrated right here in our own country, by a supposed team of comparatively technologically challenged organizations. Al-Queda was supposedly operating out of caves in the desert, so we were told, that's why we couldn't find any of them the whole time, until conveniently right before Obama's re-election.

So, based on your logic, it's impossible for the US, the most vast and technologically advanced military in the world, to do anything to stop terrorists 8,000 miles away because of the distance....Yet, Al-Queda can travel the same 8,000 miles and totally outsmart, out strategize, and out-infiltrate us and carry out the most devastating attack on the US since Pearl Harbor? That's what you're saying....We're weak if we have to do something 8,000 miles away, but Al-Queda can somehow pull it off over the same distance...while operating from caves out in the desert...while Osama was hooked up to a dialysis machine...At least these were the facts that we've been told by the media, so if any of them aren't true then that leads to further speculation as to why the hell they would lie about any of that.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Fapomet

The US could easily end the insurgency but you wouldn't like how they'd do it. Terrorists don't fight by rules and aren't hindered by things like civilian casualties. The military tries to limit things like wiping out entire cities to get to a target in it now.

And the crap about them being technologically challenged is a farce. These men were all trained commercial pilots, which means they knew about radar coverage in the US, and where it was weak. They spent years training for this mission, including simulator time.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by Fapomet

Wow. Yet again someone puts words in my mouth. You want theory or you want fact? If you want to sit and talk conspiracy theory all day, then don't come sit on a discussion board and ask a question that has an answer. You want fact, then ask, and you'll get it.

But you're right, I'm sorry. Let me put this a better way.

Ermhagerd! Al-CIA-DUH beat the US! Ermahgerd! The US is so weak!

Better?

No, now you're just making yourself look like an imbecile.

You want theory or you want fact? If you want to sit and talk conspiracy theory all day, then don't come sit on a discussion board and ask a question that has an answer. You want fact, then ask, and you'll get it.

Hahaha...What the hell does this even mean? "If you wanna talk about conspiracy theories, then don't come to the most popular conspiracy theory website and start askin questions! YOU ONLY TALK ABOUT FACTS NOT THEORIES!!!" - is what you're saying....haha put the shovel down, and walk away.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

teachtaire
reply to post by MrSpad

Four foot tall Vietnamese men in pajamas agree with you.

Exactly. The Viet Cong and troops from North Vietnam learned early on that a stand up battle with US forces always lead to a crushing defeat. That is why the stepped back from the early attempt to win the war on the battle field to a low level insurgency that would last a long time with the intent to tire the American public of the never ending war. The US never lost a battle in Vietnam but, that is not the point of an insurgency. The irony of the Tet offensive is it was percieved in the US as a defeat while in reality is was a crushing US victory that lead to the complete extintion of the Viet Cong. If you can read some of Giaps writings on the war from the Norths perspective is amazing how close the North was to compete collapse only to be saved by a political move in the US. And this was in the day of conscrition and a much closer parity of technology and weapons supplied by the Soviets. Now that parity no longer exists. More so now than ever a stand up fight with the US is not going to end well.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Thank god we have a functioning government!

This is something both parties can agree with!
edit on 4-10-2013 by teachtaire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Fapomet

You asked a question that has a factual answer. You didn't like that answer, so you start going on about how we can just sweep all conspiracy theories under the rug because of it. The FACT is that the US military (the Air Force in particular) was set up to watch for Soviet bombers to come in from outside the US. That's not a conspiracy theory, that's a fact. The FACT is that in 2001 that role hadn't been changed because there were no internal threats to cause them to change it. The FACT is that this mission was taken advantage of to defeat them and pull off 9/11 (whoever did it).

So where's the conspiracy in that question again?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by Fapomet

The US could easily end the insurgency but you wouldn't like how they'd do it. Terrorists don't fight by rules and aren't hindered by things like civilian casualties. The military tries to limit things like wiping out entire cities to get to a target in it now.

And the crap about them being technologically challenged is a farce. These men were all trained commercial pilots, which means they knew about radar coverage in the US, and where it was weak. They spent years training for this mission, including simulator time.

What evidence do you even know of to suggest that Al-Queda had airplane simulators? I'm not saying it's not possible, by all means, it is definitely plausible and possible. But for you to specifically say something like that, you must have heard it or read it somewhere. How do you know Al-Queda used flight simulators? I'll wait for the link.

Secondly, what makes you think our military takes any less civilian casualties than terrorists?!

Is that what you blind patriots think now? That America is so goldenly divine and godlike, that we are somehow so much more technologically advanced that we can just kill only the bad guys and we don't kill innocent people anymore? Do you even know the casualties of war since 911? We've killed the equivalent of the 911 attacks once every month, every year since 2001. You think those were all bad guys? You're in epic denial. We kill innocent people every day, and always have and probably always will. Hell, I'm convinced without a shadow of a doubt that we were either directly or in directly involved in our own 9/11 attacks. So don't talk to me about terrorists, we are the f***ing terrorists of the world. We do it to ourselves, and then we use that as an excuse to do it to others. Period.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Fapomet

You realize that there are video games which cost maybe, $200 tops (used?) with a controller that they could have bought and used right?

You know, the kinds that are on computers instead of a playstation.

Nowadays, with micro computer boards and drones, this is an even bigger issue...

Just because they have towels on their heads doesn't mean they don't have access to tech.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Fapomet

MrSpad
reply to post by Fapomet

Who's talking about fighting 8,000 miles away? I'm talking about being infiltrated right here in our own country, by a supposed team of comparatively technologically challenged organizations. Al-Queda was supposedly operating out of caves in the desert, so we were told, that's why we couldn't find any of them the whole time, until conveniently right before Obama's re-election.

So, based on your logic, it's impossible for the US, the most vast and technologically advanced military in the world, to do anything to stop terrorists 8,000 miles away because of the distance....Yet, Al-Queda can travel the same 8,000 miles and totally outsmart, out strategize, and out-infiltrate us and carry out the most devastating attack on the US since Pearl Harbor? That's what you're saying....We're weak if we have to do something 8,000 miles away, but Al-Queda can somehow pull it off over the same distance...while operating from caves out in the desert...while Osama was hooked up to a dialysis machine...At least these were the facts that we've been told by the media, so if any of them aren't true then that leads to further speculation as to why the hell they would lie about any of that.

You are confusing a suicide attack with a military conflict. And you also seem to be all kinds of confused about Afganstan and Al Aqueda. If your wonder if the US could fly some planes into some building 8000 miles away then yes they could. It is not our style and it would have no point but, of couse it would be in out capabilities. Frankly it is in anybodys. The only that really stops that from happening now is the passangers because now they think they have to act or die so threatening them no longer works. And let me try and fix your time line for you. 911 happened before the invasion of Afganistan. So Al Queda has the resources of an entire nation behind it, they were no in caves and were a very well funded, trained and organized group capable of striking anywhere in the world. After 911 that no longer is true. The leadership was wiped out and its skilled members killed or captured. Now it is in caves fighting a local insurgency instead of its former war of terror across the world. I hope that clears up some of your confusion.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Fapomet

Where did I say they were simulators owned by Al-Qaeda? I said that the pilots involved in the operation had time in the simulator, not that they were owned by their group.

The US takes civilian casualties seriously, or they wouldn't use things like laser guided bombs, or GPS guided bombs. They'd just go back to WWII and level everything in sight to get a power station. Just send the B-52s over and carpet bomb the hell out of the city to get a small target somewhere inside it. It would be a hell of a lot cheaper.

If the US wanted to, they could have wiped out every man, woman, and child in Afghanistan, and Iraq and ended the problems in both countries. Yes a lot of people died, but nowhere NEAR what would have died in the past. I suggest you look up some of the WWII bombings, such as Dresden and Tokyo and the fire bombings, and see what COULD have happened today.
edit on 10/4/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

teachtaire
reply to post by Fapomet

You realize that there are video games which cost maybe, $200 tops (used?) with a controller that they could have bought and used right?

You know, the kinds that are on computers instead of a playstation.

Nowadays, with micro computer boards and drones, this is an even bigger issue...

Just because they have towels on their heads doesn't mean they don't have access to tech.

I clearly said that it was plausible and perfectly possible, did you not read it at all? You must have if you responded to something specific past the point in which I said that, so apparently you either have selective memory, a 5 second memory span, or are just half-witted. I'm going with the latter.

I asked for evidence to such claims. Why and where would someone get the idea that they have flight simulators in their caves or elsewhere?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

MrSpad

Fapomet

MrSpad
reply to post by Fapomet

You are confusing a suicide attack with a military conflict. And you also seem to be all kinds of confused about Afganstan and Al Aqueda. If your wonder if the US could fly some planes into some building 8000 miles away then yes they could. It is not our style and it would have no point but, of couse it would be in out capabilities. Frankly it is in anybodys. The only that really stops that from happening now is the passangers because now they think they have to act or die so threatening them no longer works. And let me try and fix your time line for you. 911 happened before the invasion of Afganistan. So Al Queda has the resources of an entire nation behind it, they were no in caves and were a very well funded, trained and organized group capable of striking anywhere in the world. After 911 that no longer is true. The leadership was wiped out and its skilled members killed or captured. Now it is in caves fighting a local insurgency instead of its former war of terror across the world. I hope that clears up some of your confusion.

Of course, how could I question the story that Fox and MSN gives us?

That's what you're saying...All the BS about Obama strategically capturing and killing Al-Queda's members, and killing Osama Bin Laden conveniently, all of that is false.

You couldn't possibly clear anyone's confusion with the amount of discombobulation going on in your little head. Go back to watching American Gladiators and thinking you're free. You're not. America has the worst standard of living out of ANY of the 32 developed first world countries. We are the only 1st world country without free universal healthcare, did you know that?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Fapomet

It's called "flight training schools". You have to go to them to get a pilots license you know. Show me where I said that Al Qaeda has flight simulators. I said they were trained in them, that doesn't mean that they owned them. You know that you have to actually fly a plane, and use a simulator to get a pilots license right?

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join