It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What drives some to make the assumption that the U.S. is NOT as Militarily Advanced as it truly is?

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidWalker
reply to post by SplitInfinity

show me these weapons you know of

Erm he cant unless he wants to join manning in a dark hole somewere.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSWATCHER

I have ,and even insiders won't confirm it, white sources ,books and internet are NOT confirmation,nor have I met a member so it is HERESAY only,until I get eyes on one.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSWATCHER

The systems that I am aware of, won't be found anywhere on the internet, or in any book anywhere.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I see the OP was banned.

Was he just a hoaxer or did his story check out?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Why the heck was SplitInfinity banned? He had over 6000 posts here and was a really interesting member. Did all his stories turn out to be bull-**** or was he banned because he said too much?

Sorry for the off-topic post but I'm just surprised to see him gone.
edit on 22-7-2013 by johnthejedi24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I have way better information to post, when I'm able to post. I'm a friend of the person who brought to you "the Jesse Ventura youtube Death Ray Audit Investigation of Dr. Fred Bell" about the sudden heart attack of Dr. Fred Bell. Three days after my friend posted the video on youtube, he got his insurance revoked by state licensing regulatory whores. You think that weapons are all we have to worry about, think again!

And I have spent over 50 hours researching how to make a system 4 times more powerful than Harbor Freights 45 watt solar panel system, and for the same price.I have way better information to post, when I'm able to post. I'm a friend of the person who brought to you "the Jesse Ventura Death Ray youtube audit investigation by an auditor, a 50 hour research project all in an 8 minute video"

And I have spent over 50 hours researching how to make a system 4 times more powerful than Harbor Freights 45 watt solar panel system, and for the same price.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeEnergyChick

Why did you repeat like that?
Anyway by all means tell us as you are able but remember the PUBLIC about this forum,we'd hate to lose another seeker.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subaru22B

Originally posted by alldaylong
reply to post by Subaru22B

You are in need of a history lesson. The US nuclear knowledge didn't come from German Physics. Show me the evidence that it did.

Without albert Einsteins theory of relativity equation, atomic power (Therefor weapons) would have not been built. Albert Einstein was german

This isn't true. Nuclear weapons could have been built empirically without special relativity, just as chemical explosives were developed in the 18th and 19th century without complete knowledge of the periodic table and it's mechanistic cause from quantum mechanics.

Most likely the experimental program surrounding particle accelerators would have resulted in understanding special relativity though it would have been like QM, putting together pieces from theory and experiment by a number of people, instead of coming out of Einstein's brain complete, and from theoretical reasoning only.

The key discovery for nuclear weapons and power was that of spontaneous fission of uranium, discovered by Otto Hahn and Lise Meitner, who were German.

After that, it was German science vs American, British, Hungarian, Jewish Italian (Fermi), Dutch, and everybody that Hitler oppressed or pissed off.

Basically Fermi was as brilliant theoretically as Heisenberg on the German side, but had much more practical experimental intuition and was surrounded by many more experimentally capable scientists and engineers and more money and resources.
edit on 11-8-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-8-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

The same assumption that leads many to believe all other nations cannot match the US military and that tech is the end all be all that wins a war

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by votan
Nope men do it.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Our soldiers seem to be proud that they are trained to not think.

They have officers to think for them.

This is not an ideal situation. I say this because it is the truth.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

FreeEnergyChick
I have way better information to post, when I'm able to post. I'm a friend of the person who brought to you "the Jesse Ventura youtube Death Ray Audit Investigation of Dr. Fred Bell" about the sudden heart attack of Dr. Fred Bell. Three days after my friend posted the video on youtube, he got his insurance revoked by state licensing regulatory whores. You think that weapons are all we have to worry about, think again!

And I have spent over 50 hours researching how to make a system 4 times more powerful than Harbor Freights 45 watt solar panel system, and for the same price.I have way better information to post, when I'm able to post. I'm a friend of the person who brought to you "the Jesse Ventura Death Ray youtube audit investigation by an auditor, a 50 hour research project all in an 8 minute video"

And I have spent over 50 hours researching how to make a system 4 times more powerful than Harbor Freights 45 watt solar panel system, and for the same price.

Fifty whole hours.....That's like more than two days!

Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound?

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by teachtaire

You're funny.You also have no concept of military functions, evidently.
We are the best because of individual creativity,the ability to adapt beyond training or doctrine is an American standard.We revel in Chaos. and we own conventional war period ,stop,NOFORN.
"By the book" is suicide We invent psychotic ideas for fun, witness HALO and it's origins.All the time looking out for civilians and bad guys.
Thank you for another assumption to tear up ...again and again.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

I agree with everything you've stated.

That being said, many of the new recruits show all the weaknesses I mentioned. "We aren't trained to think, we're MARINES! We let the officers do all that stuff!" Is what the general consensus seemed to be. I wouldn't just make something up to say, this is a problem.

Note that this came up in an extremely one sided discussion about the significance of the Niger River in the Mali conflict. I was lucky they didn't beat me up for "trying to be smart"... as it was, they only called me a fag.
edit on 22-9-2013 by teachtaire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
It's worrying to think how arrogant power makes us.

Bragging about how capable you think the military is comparable to flexing at gym.

"Hey bro! You lift bro? You move weight? I'm tough as bro! Check these guns!"

America has the ability to kill everyone on this planet. Nobody respects that. It breeds fear all over the world. Fear leads to hate, hate leads to blah blah blah...

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   

johnthejedi24
Why the heck was SplitInfinity banned? He had over 6000 posts here and was a really interesting member. Did all his stories turn out to be bull-**** or was he banned because he said too much?

Most of his posts and thread were utter BS.

Hell I've debunked one of his threads.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 22-9-2013 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
You are failing to take into account the REALITIES of war. I am talking about an actual war, composed of ground troops invading a foreign country. I am talking about the US fighting an opposing army, composed of professional soldiers, and not an action like we've witnessed in Iran or Iraq. Even the Gulf War is way below what I am describing. Look at the problems the US had in the Gulf War alone, when there was not even severe opposition. The US overextended their invasion force, and ANY modern army that is well-trained could have really caused major problems.

During that particular war the US used the Nazi Blitzkrieg tactic, although it is not labelled as such. One of the drawbacks to such a strategy is the fact that the invasion forces overextend themselves from their supply lines, and this happened during the Gulf war. There were other problems as well, which were not that big of a deal because the Iraqi army did not put up a full scale resistance. I personally do not believe this was due to the US forces gaining the flank either, although they did do so and surprised the main defense force.

And take the more modern "wars" in Iraq and Afghanistan. The US has encountered all kinds of problems, and have lost thousands of soldiers, and they are not even fighting a well equipped force. That type of guerrilla warfare WILL be used in a modern army versus army war, and I personally believe the US military could have handled the situation in a better way, and would not have taken as many casualties. Even with all the "advanced" technology, the US is having trouble with these guerrilla groups.

But maybe that has no bearing on a nation versus nation war. So let's just forget about that. Let's talk about this advanced technology that the US itself solely possesses. There is not all that much that only the US has. And even though the US is more tech advanced than any other army in the world, that is not enough to win a massive war. For instance, the air superiority advantage the US is used to having will be negated by the weaponry of a modern army. Drones will not be able to fly around unmolested like they do right now. Neither will US jets. It is true that the US fighters are superior to those of all other countries, but some of these other countries do have jets that can compete. So gaining air superiority, which is essential to winning any modern war, is NOT a given. Especially considering an invading force must deal with the anti aircraft systems in place all over that territory.

The opposing force could never send a jet into the sky, and wreak havoc from the ground on air systems. Of course the US has stealth bombers and fighters that are difficult to detect via radar, and are also so fast that they are difficult to shoot down, but some of these other countries have quite advanced anti aircraft systems. And, something that shouldn't be overlooked is the fact that if the US uses ONLY these types of aircrafts, they would not be putting a very large force in the air at all. They MUST use less sophisticated aircraft, which are not capable of easily evading systems that are trying to bring them down.

I think you are overlooking this fact, just like many people do. They fail to realize the sheer scope of a large war. The superiority the US enjoys in modern times happens only because there are no forces trying to shoot them down. When this does occur, the likelihood of a breakdown increases dramatically. A war with any other modern military will be bloody, and the US will lose tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, of soldiers, not to mention the hardware.

Iran's military has its own internal problems, but it still is a relatively modern military. And like I said, the US will not possess superiority in every single aspect of a war. And since this is the case, there will be a sort of evening out, which means a drawn out conflict that will cost many lives. And this is all considering that nobody uses nuclear weapons. I think most modern nations would not use them, but if they are desperate, one never knows.

And Iran has technology of its own. It DOES have missiles that can evade radar, and that could potentially strike US targets on the ground. And something that should be remembered is this: look at the problems these guerrilla forces have caused for US ground troops. They are fanatical. Now think of an entire army of that nature. Look at what the US dealt with during WWII with the Japanese. They were just as fanatical than these modern forces. Iran's military will be told this is a holy war, and since the majority are Muslim, they will be ferocious on the field of battle. This will not be the case with US soldiers, and that will have some impact on the overall fight.

I could go on about technology and superiority all day long, but here is the point that should be made...If the US got into a major war with any modern country, it will NOT be a cakewalk, or a given victory. The technology the US has is offset by the technology of these other militaries, who often have similar systems, and maybe even advantages in certain areas. The US navy however IS powerful. However, many modern militaries have systems designed for taking out ships. Then the US has to deal with, like everyone else, detecting incoming missiles on ships and bringing them down. Missiles have a lot to do with modern warfare. Detecting them is easy when the missiles are older and slower, but more advanced missile tech is not just possessed by the US.

But I will say that I agree with you on one point...I think the US probably will come out on top of any major conflict. It is not a given, but the technology coupled with everything else, such as a powerful navy, gives superiority enough to EVENTUALLY defeat a modern enemy. And the US economy, if behind the war, almost ensures a victory in a war of attrition.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

johnthejedi24

---
That's what I'm trying to figure out. I've know "SplitInfinity" Since before ATS, back in those days we were on the HistoryChannel.com forums under the UFO section, various other users too, we had always been there to discuss episodes of "UFO Hunters".

Split was in my opinion, a military patriot. I know, he was bent on FEL, the Free Electron Laser. He always love the military for what it was, I know sometimes he kind of went off the wall, perhaps a little over the top when talking about US military tech, but only because he truly believed in our countries ability to defend itself from others like china and Russia, that's what I admired about him the most.
He was the kind of guy that would put full faith into out military. If you said otherwise, he'll fight tooth and nail on the subject, I have to admit, he was right. No military in the world can match the US. Simple as that.

Arrogant statement? yes it sure is and I hold it true to my heart.

I suspect what got him banned was his inability to back up his claims, but his case was that he worked on them, but couldn't disclose the exact nature, but hint at the fact that there was some serious tech behind the curtains. Some MODS I guess didn't appreciate that and banned him for it, I think IMHO, it was a personal thing.

I had talked with Split right before I went into BCT back in 09 and he seemed pretty happy with the site. But when I got to my duty station, I found that he was banned.

Pladuim, you out there? what do you think? You knew Split back in those old forums in the HistoryChannel.com forums...

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

SplitInfinity
I have noticed that there are a number of people on this Board who make the assumption that the United States is in some way Militarily Inferior to other countries such as China or Russia. I have also noticed by a great number of posts that some seem to think that if in the unlikely event a WAR broke out between the U.S. and IRAN that the U.S. Military would be hard pressed to defeat Iran.

I am a "CIVILIAN" in the manner that the quotes denote and work with members of the U.S. Military which allows me a special vantage point to look at this issue. I KNOW...not Guess or Think or Postulate...but KNOW...that the U.S. Military is not something any country or even a GROUP of country's would want to wage WAR against.

China and Russia may talk a lot and Iran's Civilian Mouth Piece that spouts nonsense such as statements like...We are perfectly capable of HANDLING any U.S. Military Attack upon Iran and can sink U.S. Naval ships at will.

It is statements like these which has Iran's own Military Leadership on the verge of Mutiny. Iran's REAL Military Leadership is well aware of U.S. Military capabilities as aware that what the U.S. Military shows the World as far as capabilities is not the true extent of U.S. Military Covert Capabilities. China and especially Russia are much more aware of what possible Ultra-Advanced Weaponry the U.S. Military could have and they not only Fear it but they Respect it. This is at odds with how Iran's Civilian Military Mouth Piece has and still is stating.

For those of you here on this board...I tell you this. Whatever you can think of as a possible U.S. Military High Tech Weapon...Multiply your thoughts times a THOUSAND! We have capabilities and Weaponry that scare even those who have designed it and if any Nation were to actually attempt a Sneak Attack...the U.S. Military would use some of this weaponry. These systems are WORLD CHANGING and even knowledge of their EXISTENCE would put Political Strains on our relations with other countries and even our own allies.

Pandora's Box was opened a Long Time Ago! We are able to keep the Box Lid shut but we can also open that Box anytime we wish...but to do so would have cause and effects that would create a completely different view by others upon the United States and I am sure many would use the word EMPIRE to describe the LAST, BEST HOPE FOR MANKIND. Split Infinity

A patriotic fool, or as the Chinese call it, a patriot.

Gee what would make people think that America's military is somehow inferior? Hmmmmmmmm.....What could it be.....I don't know, maybe the fact that a bearded guy hooked up to a dialysis machine hiding in a cave somehow out-strategized the most advanced military in the world. Seriously though, how does a primitive "terrorist" organization supposedly hiding in caves in the middle of the desert, carry out and perform plans to infiltrate America's own airspace? It doesn't happen that easily. But I digress, I don't believe in any of that. I know we did it to ourselves, yet I still don't think we're half as powerful as you say we are.
That's just why maybe people around the world don't have as much respect for our military, if we are so easily infiltrated by cave-men.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26 >>

join