It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What drives some to make the assumption that the U.S. is NOT as Militarily Advanced as it truly is?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Hey SplitInfinity or anyone else involved in this kind of stuff. When do you believe the existence and/or info on these black projects and aircraft will be released?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by johnthejedi24

The fastest I've seen something technical declass was maybe 2 years (not counting simple mistakes that classified the wrong thing). The longest has been maybe 70 years and going strong.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Besides from possibly nuclear weapons tech, what technical info would still be classified 70 years later? Even the NSA has a 75 year limit on things.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by johnthejedi24

Similar - same time, some of the same guys, often the same places. Some things are forever, more or less.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

You could be referring to a couple of different technologies or events. Still the hint is helpful and narrows it down a bit. Interesting.....

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnthejedi24
reply to post by Bedlam

Besides from possibly nuclear weapons tech, what technical info would still be classified 70 years later? Even the NSA has a 75 year limit on things.

I would guess there is a lot of data regarding the effectiveness of various chemical and biological weapon delivery systems and techniques that is still considered highly sensitive as well.

Theory and laboratory experiments alone don't allow the degree of confidence that actual field testing gives. .

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Here we go:www.popsci.com...
This is interesting too:www.popsci.com...
edit on 20-1-2013 by cavtrooper7 because: expounded on the idea

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

A better question is does it really matter how advanced the US military is as compared to the rest of the world?

You can't solely win a conflict based on technological superiority. I think there have been plenty of examples of that through out history.

If you want to sit around and count who has the most and more pointier sticks I would say the USA has the most and the pointiest. Does that mean that the rest of the world cannot touch the USA?? Hell no, the USA can bleed just as easily as everyone else.

It does not mean I want the USA to be defeated. I am just being realistic.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

Again...I would like to state that I make statements based on Facts...not on some Patriotic Cheerleading Idealism.

The U.S. Military is by design...a wide variety of weapon systems and delivery systems that are...to a much greater extent than any nation on Earth...interconnected and linked by many computerised methods for the purpose of all branches of the U.S. Military being able to instantly coordinate defense and ofensive Military actions.

This fact along with a very high level of technology as well as a very high level of training for U.S. Military Troops allows the United States to stand alone in it's ability to both defend itself or preform offensive Military actions.

There is also one other reality that the nations that know...FEAR and this reality has kept the U.S. safe from all and any attacks of any major consequence for many decades. This reality is secret and Ultra-High Tech. Advanced U.S. Military Weapon Systems.

The Soviet Union...although it was thought that Reagan's Star Wars weapon system was a pipe dream...the Soviets did not believe so and were SO worried about it that they insisted that this supposedly non-existent Weapon System be on the chopping block for there to be a Nuclear Arms Reduction Treaty.

Reagan refused....and very soon after...the Soviet Union...having spent more money than it could afford on weapons designed to counter possible U.S. Missile Defense...COLLAPSED.

I would suggest that people do not underestimate at just what level certain U.S. Weapons Systems have achieved technologically. The Soviets certainly didn't.

Split Infinity

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

yes because having an advantage in technological military might is the end all be all in war. Economic factors come into play along with many other things that can cause something that looks good on paper not to work at all.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Some of our manufactures draw art work on their microscopic creations only visible by electron microscope. That is an example of what current levels of miniturization can do. Since that is main stream science and they tell us all about what they can do, what do you think the advancements in the classified sector can do. I would think that the military is one of the most supperior fighting forces in the world and would think they are about 50 years in advance of what the gerneral population see's Just imagine what they have!

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
they have the most military spending in the world i think they are far more advanced then we think, but you cant under estimate your enemy. china probally has some things the us has never even thought of , who knows.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by theboarman
they have the most military spending in the world i think they are far more advanced then we think, but you cant under estimate your enemy. china probally has some things the us has never even thought of , who knows.

Possibly, but unlikely given China's lack of innovation and their industrial espionage that continues. You don't have world leading technology if all you can do is copy others work with shoddier materials and cheaper labor. I haven't seen much cutting edge military weapons from China. Even their drones are copycats, not industry leading. Give me a choice of weapons systems and China's would be low on the list.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
From what I know that the US Military has (It does not mean that other countries do not possess such technologies, but the US will have a superior more effective tech). These are the most sci-fi like tech:

With 100% Certainty:

1) Directed Energy Weapons - Like the FEL mentioned earlier, these lasers can take down missiles and planes. If configured strong enough it can take down a satellite in space. The lasers are also unaffected by atmosphere.

2) Weather Modification (HARRP) - The best covert attack would to blame it on mother nature. I have seen videos where people can literally move mini-clouds by using directed electromagnetic frequencies. The military has this capaibility in my mind without a doubt.

3) Invisibility - US has the ability to make vehicles invisible to the naked eye. Planes and tanks can literally become invisible to the naked eye. No laws of physics are broken, this is done by bending the light around the object.

4) Manchurian Candidate - As much as this sounds like impossible, it is possible through a drug known as the "Devils Breathe" which is available in Colombia. This drug is so powerful that a sniff of it will make you susceptible to anything that you are told to do. Victims report withdrawing all their money in their bank account with no knowledge or memory when told later.

5) Send messages to your brain- There are many targeted individuals (T.I) in the US. Have you ever wondered why only is the US are such things happening? Because they have the tech to send messages to your brain which seems like your "thoughts" but are outside inputs. If strong enough, they can alter your brain function and cause involuntary movements or incomprehensible speech.

6) UFO Crafts (that defy conventional physics) - There are just too many witnesses of UFOs shaped crafts to be dismissed that they are purely imagination. I believe the US Military has captured and possibly back-engineered these craft ( To what extend we do not know ).

7) EMF Bombs- These bombs are electronmagnetic frequency bombs and can wipe out a whole country by interering with anything that deals with EMF waves by shutting down power generators/electricity.

Not certain ( The most exotic ):

8) Time Travel - Highly impossible such a thing is possible right now. One explanation skeptics give are the grandfather paradox to disprove such a possibility. Also, if time travel is possible then we should be visited by future travelers right now.

9) Full Teleportation - To be in Nevada in one moment and transported by a machine to Washington the next second. Such a tech is only in infancy and scientists are only able to teleport electrons.

10) Ultimate Bomb - To think that Hiroshima and Nagasaki were bombs from the 1940s, what kind of bombs will the military have now? Since technology is exponential (We can see the living standards of 40s to now and compare. To add more intrigue, military technology is probably 20x faster than civilan technology). I won't be surprised (Though super-unlikely) if the US military has a bomb that can just blow the whole planet Earth (Or part of it) to smithereens.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Black projects ? Grey projects ? Don't be fooled by lobbyists.
These are vain attempts to hide some serious shortcomings.

Most of the money spent were actually corruption. Let's see what happened to the $2.3 trillions missing from the defense Department. They are sitting in someone's offshore accounts.

Let's not pretend all those dull colours projects are something: in fact they are nothing except one thing, those are funds that were misappropriated and 911 was orchestrated to erase that and guess what? They all happened exactly as planned.

Over confident is bad but boasting about non existent weapons are suicidal when tested at battlefields.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mypan

I know of at least five projects that have gone into full production that the public don't know about, and probably won't for a long time now. Black projects exist and always have. You don't really think that those $6000 screwdrivers really cost that much do you?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Military conflicts are won and lost based on how the people portion of the thing reacts when the batteries that run their high tech crap go dead.

It isn't about doing things the easy way, it's about having the skills the trained people with the resolve to win the hard way when technology fails.

Technology doesn't always equate to advancement in any situation.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
As a member of a foreign allied military to the US, i regularly play with the United States in military exercises. I will not dispute that the US has some fantastic technology. BUT!! The United States as a military is massively over confident of their abilities, (tactics wise anyway) and when conducting exercises we routinely exploit that over confidence and on many occasions (about 75% of the time) defeat the US in war games.
I am in the Australian Navy and work aboard HMAS Submarines. From my 12 years experience and having served on a US SSN I found the US navy to be too 'cocky' with their abilities and also tend to use 'Gun Ho' tactics, whilst the Australian submarines utilise one bullet, one kill tactics (vs Gun Ho) to, on numerous occasions, defeat the US submarine.
This is by no means a dig at the US. We have a strong working relationship with united states navy, and have US personnel serving aboard our boats. Take this as constructive criticism if u will.
Before any man walks into a fight, he should always have respect for the other opponent, cause only a dumb man walks into a fight thinking he is unbeatable.

Also just remember, that the US's ability to acquire nuclear technology came from abroad, (german physicist)

edit on 15-6-2013 by Subaru22B because: missed a word

edit on 15-6-2013 by Subaru22B because: extra line

edit on 15-6-2013 by Subaru22B because: .

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Subaru22B

You are in need of a history lesson. The US nuclear knowledge didn't come from German Physics. Show me the evidence that it did.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

First off I am sorry to see splitinfinity gone. He was an enlightened soul, true patriot, and someone we can thank for doing a hard job that has little to no thanks,(whatever it was).

Good bye sir. Be well.

As far as the thread....
People WANT the US to be less than what it is. In anyone's life there are examples of people finding joy in seeing the popular kid embarrassed, or the strong man weakened. Some people smile when a rich man loses everything but weep when a poor man loses slightly less.

Take for example France in Mali.
No one wished to see dead French soldiers or a failure there, but when an American flag drapes a coffin some people think "well its what you deserved/ asked for".

Lets be Frank here, people want their country and people to be the best. I don't care what psychological loops you hop to justify your negative response to that statement. You are proud of your people's achievements and shamed by their defeat. Period.

When a constant "winner" takes the spotlight and so YOUR countries place as best you resent it.

Why do football fans(soccer) literally fight with other people for bragging about their teams victory over all others?

I will tell you why. Because we really are that small and petty. The US does far more than its fair share to maintain a secure and stable world and it is the bad Guy for it.

Again say what ever nonsense you want but our bill from the UN is larger than yours by far. Our navy protects more than just OUR waters and coasts. International shipping needs American carriers and battle groups. Look to where we are not and you find piracy. PIRACY in the 21st century. !

Countries like Australia and the UK or France for example do do some work in global security but not on the scale of the US. WHY? BECAUSE we can afford it and in the end we benefit from a stable and safe world too.

In that regard we also benefit because we maintain our position as the vanguard of military knowledge and might.
we must keep that position to do our job and we wish it because no one can do it as well as us.

For example: Israel is a country that develops defence systems and services, but we actually use ours to serve the world. Australia has a great navy and it protects its neck of the woods well, but we keep the oil (spice) flowing. The UK is a "go to Guy" for intelligence but we tend to do the real dirty work.

In the end we are a team, the west is. We keep our peoples living well. The military might of our collective empire (which it is) is the US. Period. That is why we are as advanced as we are militarily.

Why is Spain the worlds champion in football? (Soccer) Because they invested in the best players and training. Portugal didn't win with just a Ronaldo, it took a whole team of stars to bring victory.

Every country has a Ronaldo militarily. The US just has a bench full of them. Enough for 2 teams worth.

That is why we are and what you felt while reading the football reference is why people hate us for it.

Life.
edit on 15-6-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join