It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What drives some to make the assumption that the U.S. is NOT as Militarily Advanced as it truly is?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSWATCHER

What you mean to say is that those planes had the best mass produced systems available...not the best in the U.S. Military Inventory.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

What you mean to say is that those planes had the best mass produced systems available...not the best in the U.S. Military Inventory.

Split Infinity

Dude are you o.k.?, cuz I sure can't get why you CAN'T get what I've been saying!!!!!!!!!

The F-14/15/16/18's that were in O.D.S. were the best F-14/15/16/18's that were in the USAF's inventory in 1991, if you say no please show were there were better upgraded F-14/15/16/18's that were on U.S. soil and NOT participating in DesertStorm.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Except that this thread isn't about F-15s/F-16s/F-14s/F-18s. It's about the black projects, and grey projects that are coming to light that show how advanced the US military is. But regardless, even the mass produced fighters used in Desert Storm were the equal to, or better than just about every other fighter in use out there.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Except that this thread isn't about F-15s/F-16s/F-14s/F-18s. It's about the black projects, and grey projects that are coming to light that show how advanced the US military is. But regardless, even the mass produced fighters used in Desert Storm were the equal to, or better than just about every other fighter in use out there.

THANK YOU.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

As Zaph said...these are the things I am speaking of.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
The us is way more capable than typically advertised. Doesn't mean the US army will always win, but the things we are unaware of would amaze us. The converse is actually true.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
There are certainly advancements in technology, that we possess and employ as assets for defense, counter-terrorism, and intelligence, that the public has absolute ZERO knowledge of, much less a grasp of concept.

I can assure you of this, personally and professionally.

I'm in complete agreeance with Pavil on his post from page 3 of this thread. Take the OBL raid for example - I, for one, was already aware of the existence of the rotorcraft used for that mission, and others, since at least 2006 that I'm aware of. As Pavil mentioned regarding 'SHTF' scenarios, if it wasn't for the VRS/SWP problem that apparently occurred with the heli, the public would still be in the dark about it to this day.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by weavty1
There are certainly advancements in technology, that we possess and employ as assets for defense, counter-terrorism, and intelligence, that the public has absolute ZERO knowledge of, much less a grasp of concept.

I'm in complete agreeance with Pavil on his post from page 3 of this thread. Take the OBL raid for example - I, for one, was already aware of the existence of the rotorcraft used for that mission, and others, since at least 2006 that I'm aware of. As Pavil mentioned regarding 'SHTF' scenarios, if it wasn't for the VRS/SWP problem that apparently occurred with the heli, the public would still be in the dark about it to this day.

1. If you were so very well "aware" then you'd have know that that raid was not the US. Military, there were no SEALS in that raid oresent, that was Pakaisanty SIS that did that (I'll talk about that latter)

2. The reason they didn't show OBL's body has nothing to do with making sure he's no martyer (The U.S. Military is way more powerful than ANY Musilim country/ "so called Terrorist groups" so OBL being a martyr would not give these people any more military-tech or "tanacity" to fight/defeat U.S.A.) the reason they didn;t show his body is because that WASN'T OBL, especially the so-called videofootage of him from the left-backside watching the News about him, any-one who can't tell that is not OBL is GGUULLLAABBBLLEE!!!!!!!!, I'll be back with the news links that talk about that "RAID and how The U.S. Gov lied about it.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSWATCHER

Originally posted by weavty1

1. If you were so very well "aware" then you'd have know that that raid was not the US. Military, there were no SEALS in that raid oresent, that was Pakaisanty SIS that did that (I'll talk about that latter)

2. The reason they didn't show OBL's body has nothing to do with making sure he's no martyer (The U.S. Military is way more powerful than ANY Musilim country/ "so called Terrorist groups" so OBL being a martyr would not give these people any more military-tech or "tanacity" to fight/defeat U.S.A.) the reason they didn;t show his body is because that WASN'T OBL, especially the so-called videofootage of him from the left-backside watching the News about him, any-one who can't tell that is not OBL is GGUULLLAABBBLLEE!!!!!!!!, I'll be back with the news links that talk about that "RAID and how The U.S. Gov lied about it.

Right....

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

So the Pakistani SIS used American black project stealth helicopters, that almost no one outside Special Ops knew about. Gotcha.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Yeah...what he is saying is rediculous in the extreme. Even our closest Allies are not allowed to either veiw or fly Stealth Choppers as this is a very difficult aircraft to make Stealthy. It is Ultra-Top Secret Tech and even members of the U.S. Military who do not have clearance are not allowed to either fly or even KNOW about such choppers.

To say another country was allowed to use U.S. Stealth Tech. is so far out there that whoever writes such tripe will never be able to come back! LOL!

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

reply to post by Zaphod58

To say another country was allowed to use U.S. Stealth Tech. is so far out there that whoever writes such tripe will never be able to come back! LOL!

About the same level of tripe as assuming that other countries do not have black projects, or that they are 50+ years behind the US.

The most critical technology of the next 'age', the US is barely in the lead and dropping. For the third year straight they have reduced the funding, while their competitors have increased. And, that is in absolute, per capita, and PPP adjusted numbers.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

First of all it is not just 50 years in advancement...it is over a century in some areas of tech. It is unfortunate that the U.S. Military is not being forced to release Super-Advanced Tech. which could stimulate entire new fields of Economic Growth and one area in particular that is needed now is Clean and High Output Energy.

The U.S. Military is far in advancement of just about everyone else as far as High Tech. Energy Sources are concerned. Two areas in particular are Solar and Low Temp. Micro-Fusion Energy Generation.

Yes...other countries have Black Programs...but the U.S. has Black Programs that are so large and complex that just a single one of these has more funding than the Military Budgets of some European Nations.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

You forgot to mention lasers.

I hate to tell you this, but the US does not have a monopoly on black projects. In fact, they don't even come close to what some countries have done in the name of secrecy, but that has more to do with Western ideals than the US itself.

The simple fact is, that in the US (or any Western nation) we can guestimate, with a fairly good degree of accuracy, how many resources get dedicated to what. There are more than a few countries in the world that we have almost zero knowledge of internal resource distribution. And, a select few of those countries are becoming affluent and advanced at the civic level. What are they at the secret level? Nobody knows.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

These aircraft were based on various U.S. proving grounds in Nevada and Utah as well as Edwards in California.

My point is that what was available as far as advanced avionics and Look Down Shoot Down Target and Acquisitioning was at a much higher level of tech than that of what was used against Iraq.

Even the F-15E Mudhen which was rushed into service used several non-state of the art systems to allow it to quickly be deployed in Iraq.

Whatever is used on U.S. Aircraft in the field is ALWAYS a generation or two behind the state of the art systems that have been developed.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

FEL or Free Electron Laser. Solid State. Works very much like a particle Beam and is not hampered by atmosphere. Will be installed on all U.S. Carriers and Aegis Cruisers using a Nuclear Power Source.

Yes other countries have Black Projects. Thing is...the level of funding for some U.S. Black Projects is close to the entire Military Budget of some entire Nations.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

A FEL is definitely not solid state. ThinZAG is, so is HELLADS.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

You are right. My Bad.

The FEL is based upon Solid State Physics however.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

reply to post by Bedlam

You are right. My Bad.

The FEL is based upon Solid State Physics however.

Split Infinity

FELs are ballistic electron devices. They're more like vacuum tubes. You can't say it's 'solid state' either in the electronics sense (contains semiconductor junctions) or laser optics sense (lasing a solid such as glass).

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

You are correct...as I said...My Bad.

Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join