It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What drives some to make the assumption that the U.S. is NOT as Militarily Advanced as it truly is?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

Well that's what they tell you.....Must be true then, eh?

The money disappears all the same!

edit on 6-12-2012 by squarehead666 because: content

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by squarehead666

Well that's what they tell you.....Must be true then, eh?

The money disappears all the same!

edit on 6-12-2012 by squarehead666 because: content

This fact was just reported in the free issue of the industry newsletter whose link was recently provided in this forum. Sorry I don't remember the name.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by atopsecret

The Tech that has been made public is tech that Humans have engineered. Any Tech that is of E.T. origin will not see the light of day in either of our lifetimes. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CPAauditor

The Soviet Union concentrated it's Direct Energy Weapons Program on PARTICLE BEAMS. The U.S. concentrated on LASERS. The problem with Particle Beams is they have a nasty habit of Irradiating those who use them.

The U.S. Military's FREE ELECTRON LASER is not effected by atmosphere and works similar to a Particle Beam except without the issues. It is quite simply the most capable and powerful weapon ever devised.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSWATCHER

You are basing your beliefs upon something on the internet. I base my beliefs upon experience.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

The U.S. has developed very powerful Non-Nuclear EMP's which can very easily shut down any Military on Earth.

The F/A-22 Raptor can hold two smaller versions of this type of EMP devise inside it's internal bomb bays. Since the Raptor has a Radar signature of an insect...the USAF could shut down an enemies command and control before they ever knew the planes were in the air. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

The Soviet Union concentrated it's Direct Energy Weapons Program on PARTICLE BEAMS. The U.S. concentrated on LASERS. The problem with Particle Beams is they have a nasty habit of Irradiating those who use them.

The U.S. Military's FREE ELECTRON LASER is not effected by atmosphere and works similar to a Particle Beam except without the issues. It is quite simply the most capable and powerful weapon ever devised.

Split Infinity

Split, I agree that FEL's are a game changer whose potential is awesome but I believe some of your information is incorrect.

My limited understanding ( emphasis on limited
) is that the beam is the same as conventional lasers ( i.e. the beam still consists of coherent photons ) not charged particles such as electrons and protons. The FEL uses a type of particle accelerator called a klystron to create a high speed electron beam which is then used as the lasing medium instead of gas or solid state diodes.

FEL's are still affected by atmospheric propagation and thermal blooming but because the lasing medium is easily "tuned" to a wide range of wavelengths, atmospheric interference is greatly reduced.

The electron accelerator used to create the lasing medium requires radiation shielding although by nature the FEL is still much safer than using a focused subatomic particle beam as the weapon itself.

Here is a related article discussing the advantage of tunable FEL's...

Propagation of High-Energy Lasers in a Maritime Atmosphere
edit on 8-12-2012 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Split Infinity

I had an odd dream where someone showed me a new weapon the US has, particle beam. It is about a 6-8 foot square dish made up of smaller rectangle pieces. It's color was like Platinum. There's a contraption sticking out of the center and it can fire a VERY visible beam that's almost like a straight lightning bolt. From what I tried to understand a laser first ionizes the energy path and it emits out some kind of particles on the beam??? The weapon system is pretty safe to be near the beam...the laser ionizes the air in the path the particles travel on...like a lightning bolt.

Did you watch Jesse Ventura's latest episode on Directed Energy? Who thinks that Hutchinson guy cooked poor ole Nikoli Tesla's granddaughter in her own home?? Sounds like he was the guy who the FBI got to work on Tesla's old research papers.

The theory that the Space Shuttle carrying that Israeli military guy was shot down by Directed Energy by somebody got me to thinking.... What weapon system did they put into space that resulted in a Space Shuttle being shot down???

When China's military website put those photo's of their troops starting to wear special clothing to protect them from Directed Energy it was a first for the world.....First military to realize they were getting zapped by something and fielding special gear for their troops to wear to try and protect them.

I think America screwed up when it started killing its own with its Directed Energy. Too many people in power are now enjoying their new toys to kill their fellow Americans......Christian Nation my rear.....

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I think all this tech is great. I think guys serving in the military are gutsy and smarter than people give them credit for. But honestly? I'd like to see what we can do with our technology in space.

As in... lets make dreams, not bombs. Ideally.

In all practical reality, we will continue to spend hundreds of billions on bombs because that's what we do. And the exploration of space appears to be moving into commercial hands.

I think NASA should just stick with smaller unmanned satellites to explore different moons/planets/etc. There's a lot to examine for scientific reasons. Maybe build telescopes, for example. Stand aside and let space be commercialized. That's economical.

Overall, I think that the US has the biggest guns, but not the most persuasive presence. Iraq and Afghanistan and whatnot, they show me that the biggest guns don't matter much. They always talk about winning hearts and minds, but how're we going to do that with guns?

The US needs to be strong in every way, not just in guns, to be successful.

The reality is we have a vast space around earth that stretches, apparently, many light years in all directions. We have many things to discover and many future battles to fight out beyond earth. I think eventually our technology will enable us to get off this rock more often.

No offense to the military or defense minded people. I understand the world is dangerous and that we need military forces and defense strategies and so on. Disagreements and ignorance always survive somewhere and conflict breaks out. People get hurt and the emotions and pain run deep.

It's not like Iran is innocent or suicide bombers are merciful. I know that. Iran is acquiring the ability to strike other nations with its intercontinental ballistic missiles. They have already put up 3 or more satellites. They probably have some nukes hidden away somewhere. They hate Israel. If the region were to explode in war, it would be devastating for the world, so we go there to keep a watch on things. We don't know the future. We can only go on past information. It sometimes seems dire. In light of all that, it might make some sense to pre-emptively attack Iranian sites to delay or prohibit them from building up a nuclear arsenal. However, it's a very dangerous gamble too. Our military is the best in the world, but it's expensive. Russia and China are not pushovers, either.

Just saying we need to rely on lots of things, not just our guns.
edit on 8-12-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

You are basing your beliefs upon something on the internet. I base my beliefs upon experience.

Split Infinity

What experience, please show, what I posted IS 100% FACTS!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

What they don't tell you about is how powerful the FEL really is when powered by Nuclear Reactors. The FEL systems that will be on U.S. Carriers will be powered by two new A1B Nuclear Fission Reactors. There is talk of these reactors possibly being augmented by a third Micro-Fusion Reactor.

The issue is that in this day of High Energy Prices...the public may react angrily if the U.S. Military was found to be sitting on Low Temp. Fusion Tech of such ability. The New Micro-Fusion Reactor is said to be TINY and just one has the ability to generate 7 times the electrical output of one A1B.

Discover Magazine has stated that the current A1B Powered FEL can vaporize a hole through 1000 FEET OF SOLID STEEL IN SECONDS. That was not a misprint...1000 FEET. This level of power along with a Revolutionary Satellite Targeting System will change the face of War.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Tesla's work was Light Years beyond anyone else in his day and to this day. Many of the U.S. Ultra-Secret Weapons systems are based on his work. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSWATCHER

Split Infinity

Sorry but I have lost track of what we are disagreeing about. Last I recall I posted the actual dates of USAF Aircraft Program development starts. This was contrary to your statements that those craft were 80's and 90's tech.

It is true that Radar and AAM Systems as well as Avionics are constantly upgraded on all U.S. Aircraft but the basic Aircraft Designs were developed in the 50's and 60's and in the case of the B-52...1949.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

What they don't tell you about is how powerful the FEL really is when powered by Nuclear Reactors. The FEL systems that will be on U.S. Carriers will be powered by two new A1B Nuclear Fission Reactors. There is talk of these reactors possibly being augmented by a third Micro-Fusion Reactor.

The issue is that in this day of High Energy Prices...the public may react angrily if the U.S. Military was found to be sitting on Low Temp. Fusion Tech of such ability. The New Micro-Fusion Reactor is said to be TINY and just one has the ability to generate 7 times the electrical output of one A1B.

Discover Magazine has stated that the current A1B Powered FEL can vaporize a hole through 1000 FEET OF SOLID STEEL IN SECONDS. That was not a misprint...1000 FEET. This level of power along with a Revolutionary Satellite Targeting System will change the face of War.

Split Infinity

It's no secret that contemporary USN design criteria emphasize a much larger electrical generation capacity than is required by any conventional systems.

I know FEL's are operating in the megawatt range and have the theoretical potential to be infinitely scalable but 1000 ft of solid steel sounds rather incredible?

Can you link me to the Discover magazine quote?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I actually read that article so I don't have a link. I will try to find it. When I first read it I had already been given information about the FEL but even for me 1000 FEET OF STEEL seemed a lot.

Then I started crunching the numbers and realized that given the amount of energy used and the way the FEL works as well as the temps. that are achieved...I realized that 1000 feet was actually a low ball number.

This is why I have said...the FEL is without a doubt the most capable and powerful weapon ever devised. Given proper electrical requirements...Beam Temps. are capable of reaching those of the Solar Core. At that high of a temp. 1000 feet of steel is NOTHING.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATSWATCHER

Split Infinity

Sorry but I have lost track of what we are disagreeing about. Last I recall I posted the actual dates of USAF Aircraft Program development starts. This was contrary to your statements that those craft were 80's and 90's tech.

It is true that Radar and AAM Systems as well as Avionics are constantly upgraded on all U.S. Aircraft but the basic Aircraft Designs were developed in the 50's and 60's and in the case of the B-52...1949.

Split Infinity
Thats what we are disagreeing on, what I;m saying is that the F-14/15/16/18's in DesartStorm had late 80's-1990 upgraded Radar/Avionics and so the Iraqi Airforce went up against the Best U.S.A. could muster.

What I believe you are saying is that, not the USAF was using 60-70's era Radar/Avionics in thier F-14/15/16/18's in which you are 1000% wrong.
edit on 16-12-2012 by ATSWATCHER because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

No...I never said we were using old systems on our aircraft during Desert Storm or any other war after. The U.S. constantly upgrades it's aircraft weapons, avionics and electronic warfare systems. Still any system on our aircraft during say Desert Storm would have been designed at a minimum of 5 to 10 years earlier.

As an example the USAF rushed F-15 Mudhen's into service for Desert Storm. The systems on these mud moving attack craft were engineered 8 years previous.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

No...I never said we were using old systems on our aircraft during Desert Storm or any other war after. The U.S. constantly upgrades it's aircraft weapons, avionics and electronic warfare systems. Still any system on our aircraft during say Desert Storm would have been designed at a minimum of 5 to 10 years earlier.

As an example the USAF rushed F-15 Mudhen's into service for Desert Storm. The systems on these mud moving attack craft were engineered 8 years previous.

Split Infinity

We lets just keep it simple, what Iraq got was the best tech from the U.S. at that time.

edit on 17-12-2012 by ATSWATCHER because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-12-2012 by ATSWATCHER because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

No...it was not our best tech. It was the best tech that had been lobbied for at the time.

Even the current tech that is to be used for target and acquisition as well as avionics in the F-35 is 15 to 20 years behind the much more advanced version that is used on several Ultra-Top Secret Aircraft.

The U.S. Military State of the Art versions of these are perhaps 90 years in advancement as far as Targeting and more than a Century in advancement as far as Avionics in the F-35's system.

The Ultra-Top Secret Hypersonic CIA/NSA/USAF Micro Nuclear Detonation Propelled Recon Aircraft uses a State of the Art Avionics System that is over a Century in advancement of any other system used by any other country. It is needed due to the necessity of providing instant flight data as well as course calculations which are needed to keep this Fly By Wire form of Avionics at Hypersonic Speeds flying on course.

When you are flying close to 3 Miles a Second...even the tinniest change of course or wind speed or atmospheric pressure or temp. will cause your aircraft to be off course. Thus a huge amount of data must be constantly fed into the Avionics Computer in order to compensate for such changes. Without such a computer and all the sensors required to monitor all the variables associated with such an aircraft....it would be near impossible to fly it with any sort of control or accuracy.

Add to this that the aircraft is being propelled by a continuous Nuclear Fission Micro-Explosion that must be monitored as to the force of such detonations as well as their timing...quantitative force...quantity of Nuclear Fuel...the list goes on.

There is a way to see the aftermath of such a craft in flight. I believe it was caught on Google Earth as a long line of small round clouds in a path that starts from Area 51 or Groom Lake...then leads East across the U.S. and over the Atlantic then over I believe the Middle East then over China and parts of Russia...North Korea...then across some Islands in the Pacific and across the entire Pacific and on to the U.S. West Coast and back to Groom Lake.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

When you are flying close to 3 Miles a Second...even the tinniest change of course or wind speed or atmospheric pressure or temp. will cause your aircraft to be off course. Thus a huge amount of data must be constantly fed into the Avionics Computer in order to compensate for such changes. Without such a computer and all the sensors required to monitor all the variables associated with such an aircraft....it would be near impossible to fly it with any sort of control or accuracy.

This type of thing is pretty standard on all modern high-performance aircraft---certainly B2 and later require active stabilization. Though it's hard to do well and without bugs, there's nothing fundamental in the way---good sensors, modern embedded controllers, experimental calibration, and good applied mathematics knowledge all do it. Yes, doing it well is a skill which requires lots of experience.

Add to this that the aircraft is being propelled by a continuous Nuclear Fission Micro-Explosion that must be monitored as to the force of such detonations as well as their timing...quantitative force...quantity of Nuclear Fuel...the list goes on.

This sounds ridiculous. Besides, do you want your stealth aircraft to be a big gamma emitter? It's fairly easy to detect nuclear reactors in space (USSR used to have some, nasty stuff) which power satellites---and this thing would need much more output, like a submarine or aircraft carrier's power plant. Who's going to volunteer to drive it? How do you fly with that much shielding, otherwise it's a "first flight, last flight" machine. One watt of neutrons is fatal quickly.

There is a way to see the aftermath of such a craft in flight. I believe it was caught on Google Earth as a long line of small round clouds in a path that starts from Area 51 or Groom Lake...then leads East across the U.S. and over the Atlantic then over I believe the Middle East then over China and parts of Russia...North Korea...then across some Islands in the Pacific and across the entire Pacific and on to the U.S. West Coast and back to Groom Lake.

That's controversial. It could be a pulse detonation craft (chemical not nuclear), but it could also have been a plain old high-altitude contrail which got the look later from a Rayleigh-Taylor instability in the atmosphere, which is not at all rare.

edit on 24-12-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-12-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join