It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get Off Obama's Back About Job Creation and Gas Prices

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I want a non right wing BS site that shows Job creation is actually down from 2008.

I want a site that is impartial..so far all I have seen is the economy is getting better and job creation is getting better.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

How much more impartial can it get than the Federal Bureau of Labor Statistics. From 2008? It's been bad. Real bad. The projections don't show it getting much better for years either.

BLS National Un-Employment Stats 2002 - 2012 (Seasonally Adjusted)

Is that impartial enough? I'd hope so. It's a part of Obama's Executive Branch and so very much a product his administration produces. I consider it accurate..at least to how it's measured and that is explained on the site too.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Bad? From a high of 10% to 7.9% is bad? Looking at that graph it's really hard to believe that anyone would think that after a massive spike we'd return to 5 or 6% in less than four years.

Then again, the GOP seems to believe if we just give all our tax revenue to already wealthy people and fire a half million government employees we'll have a unemployment rate of 2%.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

That drop in ue isn't a result of more people entering the work force. Its more people leaving the workforce. Also itsbits been shown that the number of 7.9% was a lie due to misreporting. Anyways stop listening to ue3 (the nationally reported unemployment number). It doesn't represent the whole picture of unemployment and real easy for politicians to spin their way. You should pay attention to ue6 which is like 14%, but even that isn't best representation of it.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Ugh.. Over 4 hours so I couldn't add this to the above. However, here is the U1 - U6 with a quick explanation of each on the lines.

BLS Complete U-1 Through U-6 Oct 2011 - Oct 2012

The U-6 is a scary thing.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Alright, you're so obsessed with U-6 let's look at that then:

2008: 10.5%
2009: 16.2%
2010: 15.9%
2011: 15.9%
Q3 2012: 15.3%

It's still down, it's still going down. What are you getting at?

BLS source
edit on 2-11-2012 by links234 because: source

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

We all see it differently....and the buck never, ever stops for some Presidents. I get it. Bush can be blamed for everything in the Universe....but every number of measure getting worse AFTER Obama was sworn in...and still being AS bad or WORSE today than it was when he got into office is just .. what? Nothing relevant?

I don't believe that man deserves a 4 year bonus for a job horribly done. Detroit's a wasteland....Yuma and El Centro are still pushing 1/3rd unemployment and the nation is still very much suffering.

Other reports on that same BLS site support what another member here said. The number coming down is actually a drop from people dropping out for the most part, and not a matter of jobs being created. Simply creating SOME is not enough. There must be more being created than new people entering the workforce for the first time .....before even getting to the number still sitting with nothing after having had work and lost it. It's not happening. This recovery concept is a wall street invention more than anything else, and aren't those the people we're supposed to hate?

Obama has missed every goal he set in 2008. He's missed every economic promise he made then and for the Stimulus we all foolishly failed to fight hard enough. The sheer total waste of money dumped into this thing to be sitting the same or worse than he began makes it near criminal.

This can't work another 4 years. (and if you look at the (ENTIRE...not cherry picked..
) U-6..it's been lower under his term..it's on the way back up compared to some points under Obama. How selective of bad news do we wanna be?)

edit on 2-11-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: Clarification added

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

I can go along with you on the gas prices but not jobs.
Half of the reason nobody is hiring is because of the impact of obamacare on employers.
They are scared silly.
2000 pages of whatever-we-want-to-do legislation scares the crap out of any good businessman.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join