Statue of Mother Mary in Breezy Point Should Say It All.

page: 5
14
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

log in

join

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox
 


Btw... its called a torii and they're usually before the entrance or inside shinto shrines.




posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I would have to wonder about any God who would save a statue but let children drown.
That is one of the many reasons I tell people that the Christian god is little more than a violent, jealous, petty, corrupt dictator. The ways Christians present their god in their mythology does not, in any way, sound like the "loving god" they claim he is.

Let's see...a god that would save a worthless statue, but let children drown; would kill thousands on 9/11, but make a sign appear at ground zero in the shape of a cross (Google image search that one if you don't know what I mean); who would allow the Holocaust to happen, but has the time to burn an image of Jesus in to a piece of toast...yeah, sounds like a demented god who wants to build up a cult of personality.

Oh, wait! That's it! The Christian god is actually the leader of North Korea! They have all the same traits: "Worship me...do as I say not as I do...here's a sign for you to pray to...I'm going to kill thousands but spare a few so you think I'm a good god to worship...it's forbidden to talk bad about me"


Christians have been worshiping Kim Il-Sung, Kim Jong-Il, and Kim Jong-Un all along, haven't they?
edit on 11/4/2012 by Koros because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Koros
 


Man, you are so off base it isn't funny. I don't know how you can even come up with such a incredibly ignorant statement. Mother Mary ascended yet the Catholics simply say she was assumed. They assume that she ascended into heaven. I know that she ascended. She ascended so she could help us.

The Message is bright and clear and that is you have freewill to live as God intended, and live a life full of blessings or the Great Law that was set in place, where he has to let our own desires and creation return to us. Karma, look what has happened. Mother Mary has been trying to tell us for years to pray to her, not worship her, but use her and her position to protect us and teach us to live in peace and harmony.

Even though there are a lot of people that come together after a tragedy, the truth is that there wouldn't be so many natural disasters if we lived in peace and harmony.

I have seen and have said that the storms will continue with cold and snow until the hearts change. That was seven storms ago, each one getting worse than the previous. Do not pray to the statue, pray in front of the statue as a visualization of her in heaven in all her glory. Time is running out.



posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by prophetboy12
reply to post by Koros
 


Man, you are so off base it isn't funny. I don't know how you can even come up with such a incredibly ignorant statement. Mother Mary ascended yet the Catholics simply say she was assumed. They assume that she ascended into heaven. I know that she ascended. She ascended so she could help us.

The Message is bright and clear and that is you have freewill to live as God intended, and live a life full of blessings or the Great Law that was set in place, where he has to let our own desires and creation return to us. Karma, look what has happened. Mother Mary has been trying to tell us for years to pray to her, not worship her, but use her and her position to protect us and teach us to live in peace and harmony.

Even though there are a lot of people that come together after a tragedy, the truth is that there wouldn't be so many natural disasters if we lived in peace and harmony.

I have seen and have said that the storms will continue with cold and snow until the hearts change. That was seven storms ago, each one getting worse than the previous. Do not pray to the statue, pray in front of the statue as a visualization of her in heaven in all her glory. Time is running out.
Nice lecture there. But, you don't have to point out to me what Catholics believe. I was raised Catholic. I know full well how Catholics feel about the Virgin Mary.

But, that doesn't change a single thing about what I said. The Christian god, as described in the bible, seems like little more than a petty dictator and tyrant. All of your "the signs are there, why can't you see them" rhetoric is just that, rhetoric. It isn't based in any sort of fact or evidence-based logic. You can believe as you want, I don't mind. But, for there to be cries of "look, a concrete statue survived, it's a sign" is just ridiculous. It is especially ridiculous considering it ignores the fact that the statue is CONCRETE and survived along with all the other concrete around it (did you see the retaining walls behind your blessed virgin?)

Look, I don't care what a religious person wants to believe. You can believe in the bible, in Vishnu, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster for all I care. I get having belief and faith, I really do. Despite evidence to the contrary, I am not an atheist. I do believe in God. However, I am a deist and don't believe that God wastes time on little signs like you seem to believe.

However, just because I believe in God doesn't mean I believe in the Christian god. It seems, to me, that a god who allow people to die in this hurricane, allow a woman to have her children swept right out of her arms, but would save an inanimate object is not a god that is worthy of being honored. A god that, as you seem to argue, who sends natural disasters to Earth to punish us for not living in your Christian utopia is a god who doesn't deserve respect. A god that demands worship doesn't deserve it.

And, honestly, arguments like the one presented in this thread sicken me. Instead of saying "how can we, as Christians, send money, food, water, help, aid, and support to those people who are suffering in the aftermath of a hurricane," I am seeing "look, our god saved a statue, praise him!" These types of arguments seem so incredibly self-serving on the part of the people presenting them. There are people who have lost everything, including their families, but instead of discussing how they can be helped, we have pages of "isn't our god wonderful, he saved a statue after he sent a storm to kill people."



posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni
 


Yes, I said at least one of them stood before a Shinto shrine.



posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitruvian
 


I come from a catholic family, I don't need a theological lesson.

And like a lot of outdated religions,the woman is used to bear children but are never allowed to have equal religious significance and are cast aside when they are done being used.



posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by prophetboy12
reply to post by Koros
 



Even though there are a lot of people that come together after a tragedy, the truth is that there wouldn't be so many natural disasters if we lived in peace and harmony.

I have seen and have said that the storms will continue with cold and snow until the hearts change. That was seven storms ago, each one getting worse than the previous. Do not pray to the statue, pray in front of the statue as a visualization of her in heaven in all her glory. Time is running out.


you are right but not for the reasons you think.

You can be moral without religion.

As long as we pollute the Earth, the weather will get worse. But the disasters are only disasters to us. If they didn't happen where we lived, they wouldn't be disasters.

Otherwise, they are just Earth's maintenance system, which we are throwing out of whack.

Hurrican'es are Mother nature's Roomba.

edit on 4-11-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox
 


Nixie Obnoxious, you must really hate God, your parents, and your religion. As much as you post you seem to be full of hatred. It may be time for some inner reflection. Just a thought.



posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Could it be we are the ones that have brought this on ourselves by our actions & our being punished....

In the district Queens in the Breezy Point many houses are swept away except a statue of the Virgin Mary that is miraculously intact. What does this sign means? Maybe Sandy is a punishment from God for our own behaviors.

If you pray to the wrong god you get different results...just food for thought.

If you ask me all you got to do is look around and it's not hard to believe that people are praying to the wrong God because if they weren't you'd think things would be alot better in the world with all the people that pray.
edit on 4-11-2012 by relocator because: (no reason given)
edit on 4-11-2012 by relocator because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by prophetboy12
 


People resort to insults when they don't have a a leg to stand on.

Sorry to debunk your little Mary on the Half Shell picture, instead of proclaiming that it is a miracle.

Or that some religious nut placed it there for propaganda.

What I do believe in is humans taking responsiblity for their environment and their society instead of blaming it all on God.

Nature leaves nothing to waste. Which means, when humans are not involved, these are not disasters.

I take it ecology is not your strong suit.
edit on 4-11-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This is why people don't even bother to prepare most of the time, it's part of god's plan eh?

God don't exist.



posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by relocator
Could it be we are the ones that have brought this on ourselves by our actions & our being punished....

In the district Queens in the Breezy Point many houses are swept away except a statue of the Virgin Mary that is miraculously intact. What does this sign means? Maybe Sandy is a punishment from God for our own behaviors.

If you pray to the wrong god you get different results...just food for thought.

If you ask me all you got to do is look around and it's not hard to believe that people are praying to the wrong God because if they weren't you'd think things would be alot better in the world with all the people that pray.
edit on 4-11-2012 by relocator because: (no reason given)
edit on 4-11-2012 by relocator because: (no reason given)
And your evidence to support this assertion of "praying to the wrong god" is what, exactly?



posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Koros
 





Father Gabriele Amorth, the official exorcist in Rome, has warned that wanton consumerism, sexual promiscuity, the occult, abortion, and homosexuality have caused a tremendous outbreak of demonic activity at a time when the Church has stripped itself of weapons to fight it.

Amorth's remarks come in a bestselling book, An Exorcist Tells His Story, and parallel warnings from such places as Fatima -- where seer Lucia dos Santos said we are facing a "decisive" battle with the devil -- and Medjugorje, where just two weeks ago, on January 1, the Virgin told seer Marija Pavlovic that devotion is urgent at a time when "Satan is free from chains." The remarks also parallel comments by the Pope himself, who before he ascended to the throne of Peter once commented that we are in an "apocalyptic" battle between light and dark.



Source



posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by relocator
reply to post by Koros
 





Father Gabriele Amorth, the official exorcist in Rome, has warned that wanton consumerism, sexual promiscuity, the occult, abortion, and homosexuality have caused a tremendous outbreak of demonic activity at a time when the Church has stripped itself of weapons to fight it.

Amorth's remarks come in a bestselling book, An Exorcist Tells His Story, and parallel warnings from such places as Fatima -- where seer Lucia dos Santos said we are facing a "decisive" battle with the devil -- and Medjugorje, where just two weeks ago, on January 1, the Virgin told seer Marija Pavlovic that devotion is urgent at a time when "Satan is free from chains." The remarks also parallel comments by the Pope himself, who before he ascended to the throne of Peter once commented that we are in an "apocalyptic" battle between light and dark.



Source



So, in other words, you have no evidence. You only have an old man making claims about invisible forces that can't be proven to exist. Okay, good to know.



posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Koros
 


Proof is in the eye of the beholder...or the experiences you have that lead you to such beliefs. Like I said...with all the praying you'd think the world would be in better shape.



Occultists know that all non-Catholic heretics go to hell, condemning themselves with their false knowledge. That's why the occult promotes heresy, which benefits their Master, Lucifer. Highest level Freemasons are aware of this question of Judgment, but most Catholics are not. By altering the Liturgy, Mass, Sacraments, and icons of the Catholic Faith, Freemasonry has achieved its objective of benefiting Lucifer. This is why we are approaching Judgment Day. Masonry has the Vatican believing they are marching under the keys of Peter when in reality, after 1969, they are worshipping a hallowed father, baptizing in Baphomet, and following a Jesus that is the son of David. Those Catholics who failed to notice will lose. Those who fight, stand to do better. The harsh reality is, the only true religion, Catholicism, no longer exists as an offical organization after the Vatican II Council(1959-1969). This is the mystery of the Apocalypse.


Source



posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by relocator
reply to post by Koros
 


Proof is in the eye of the beholder...or the experiences you have that lead you to such beliefs. Like I said...with all the praying you'd think the world would be in better shape.

Yeah, you'd think so. I guess that just means one thing, that god doesn't care about what is going on down here on Earth.

Look, you are free to believe that hurricanes are your god's punishment for "sinners." I don't care. I think your belief is ridiculous and has no evidence, whatsoever, to support it. But, if it makes you sleep better at night thinking their is a god out there who punishes people who don't live how you think they should, that's fine.



posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
It's when I read threads like this I'm reminded of how unquestioning some people really are in the world.
I often forget that some folk genuinely believe in gods because it's been so many years since I formed a view of how ridiculous the idea is.

Sure, the concrete/stone statue was saved by a magical creator, just like the obviously holy concrete wall/foundations throughout the picture



posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Keep it up people..more to come....we've been warned that wanton consumerism, sexual promiscuity, the occult, abortion, and homosexuality have caused a tremendous outbreak of demonic activity at a time when the Church has stripped itself of weapons to fight it.

We don't listen...We think we're ten feet tall and bullet proof...until Disaster strikes and then people blame god rather than their own actions...



posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by relocator
Keep it up people..more to come....we've been warned that wanton consumerism, sexual promiscuity, the occult, abortion, and homosexuality have caused a tremendous outbreak of demonic activity at a time when the Church has stripped itself of weapons to fight it.

We don't listen...We think we're ten feet tall and bullet proof...until Disaster strikes and then people blame god rather than their own actions...
It seems YOU are the one blaming your god. I've not seen anyone who was affected by the hurricane pulling out the "it's god's plan to punish us because gay people exist" bullsh*t. It only is the self-righteous Religious Right who think they have a direct line to their god.



posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Koros
 


I don't believe what you claim I believe....

I do find this interesting...and would like to confirm one way or another...

By altering the Liturgy, Mass, Sacraments, and icons of the Catholic Faith, Freemasonry has achieved its objective of benefiting Lucifer. This is why we are approaching Judgment Day. Masonry has the Vatican believing they are marching under the keys of Peter when in reality, after 1969, they are worshipping a hallowed father, baptizing in Baphomet, and following a Jesus that is the son of David.





top topics
 
14
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

log in

join