It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Statue of Mother Mary in Breezy Point Should Say It All.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitruvian

You seem to want to make an issue of the fact that Mary was born 2,000 years ago - Keep in mind that Christ was also born 2,000 years ago.

And you keep saying that "Christ" is "God" and visa versa. And you keep saying that Mary is the mother of "Christ" (god)

Mother refers to someone who has given birth to a child. You are saying this child was god. How was god born thousands if not billions of years AFTER he was supposed to have "created" the world AND "mother" he was born to??
edit on 11/2/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The best thing about this thread is seeing all the stars on the posts of sensible people who are not religiously insane, and the lack of stars on the posts preaching BS from a book of fairytale stories as though it's all historical fact.

It gives me hope to see the delusions being cast aside in favour of reality.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by prophetboy12

If your in NY. Take her flowers and kneel before her and give her homage. That site should become a shrine.

Don't you know that idol worship is unbiblical?

Mary was just a woman who was a virgin. A biblical miracle perhaps but if you study her life she was not perfect. Jesus even chastised his mother for being wrong at times. People only want to make her seem like she was born perfect so she could bear a perfect child. But - what about Her mother? You'd have to claim she was perfect too. The bible says God has the ability to make clean that which is unclean. This may have been the case with Mary but you can't worship her as an idol. That is an evil deception - why.. because it's not about Mary at all. What that does is take peoples eyes off of Jesus and his work. Nothing so holy about Mary that you should break the biblical commandment to worship idols and graven images or anyone - Not Mary, not the Saints, No One - Not even statues of Jesus himself.

This is just a coincidence and a tribute to how well her concrete foundation was made. Look around new york at all the other Mary's that were blown over.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
It is a beautiful photograph. But I find it ironic that you're using it to support an uplifting spiritual message. Surely, like a church collapse, it's evidence of the problem of evil -- even leaving aside free will, why would loving gods inflict natural disasters on their people? Instead of the miracle of a statue standing in rubble, how about the miracle of no rubble to begin with? If there's any message at all, it's "you're on your own, folks". Which is one I can kind of get behind. "All I can give you are dreams."

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitruvian

Originally posted by darkhorserider
reply to post by relocator

So Mary is God?

NO---- Jesus is God and Mary is the Mother of Jesus hence she is the Mother God

This is fundamental Catholic theology.

Pay no mind to the Mormons or the Masons when it comes to Jesus Christ - they are demonic cults and have nothing to do with religion or with Our Lord Jesus Christ................they are demonic in nature. BEWARE
edit on 2-11-2012 by Vitruvian because: txt

So you mean Horus is god and Isis is the mother of god. Because Horus and Isis was the original "Jesus" and "Mary".

But you DO study other predating faiths and religions to CONFIRM that yours is the correct one, right? There are HUNDREDS of other gods so you knew this to arrive at your particular j-man "god", right?

Nah, of course you didnt otherwise you'd have known this!

edit on 2-11-2012 by YourWIFI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Attention!

Stick to the topic.

Statue of Mother Mary in Breezy Point Should Say It All.

And things related to that i.e. what it may or may not mean - hope, irony, outrage, etc.

Specific religious debates can be found elsewhere on the board.

edit on 11/2/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by prophetboy12

I'd attribute it to the composition of the materials used to make the statue.

Kudos to the manufacturer.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Thank god the concrete did not catch on fire.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by staple

If you did not read my post it says that with the heat that was generated with that fire was enough to turn that statue into a heap of debris. It is only rock and cement. To me it says you see what water and heat can do. The uncontrolled emotions and the heat of testing. Concrete or ceramic, high heat causes it to fall apart. Mother is saying that even though you will pass through the fire that I am there for you.

Why is it so hard to understand that we are to be held accountable for our action and failures as a spiritual nation.

Unfortunately I saw this coming. In fact it is not over. Fast, Pray, and Repent and God will heal our nation. Continue on the same path and you will see more pain and suffering. I guess we will only learn suffering and loss.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Concrete usualy survives low temperature fires like these so dont think that statue still standing is a miracle.

As for the arguments about about god jesus and mary this might help clear things up.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: King james version.
You should probably read your bible. If god is real, he doesn't like statues. He especially doesn't want people kneeling down and praying to them. Would make for a much better religious debate if christians catholics etc actually read their bible and followed its rules (even just occasionally)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
People don't care about "God". If they did....they'd be calling on his name...and not the names of their political leaders, that have failed them time and time again. I seriously doubt, through all this...the people repent. Matter of fact...you might as well through the BIBLE in the Atlantic, with the rest of the amusement rides....because it's USELESS to them. When they find out...the government doesn't have the power to fix this mess...then they'll learn their lesson. Hopefully. But, by then, it will have been toooo late.

DOES ANYONE UNDERSTAND THE MAGNITUDE OF THIS SITUATION???

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
but jesus is the son of god, no wait jesus is god, no no no mary is god,
no she is the mother of god so it makes her super mother god....

but if god was god, how can he be born to a super mother god, that is god, if god
is in fact himself and created the super mother god and himself...

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Superstition. You don't even know what Mary looks like so how is that a statue of Mary? God couldn't care less about a chunk of stone. Not everything that occurs in nature is his judgement, he set the laws of nature in motion, even though he has on occasion used it to pass judgement on people.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Concrete usualy survives low temperature fires like these so dont think that statue still standing is a miracle.

As for the arguments about about god jesus and mary this might help clear things up.

Not even going to bother trying.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Hmmm...let's see.

The concrete wall behind her is still standing (the same material she is made of). Couldn't be that concrete survives fire better than other materials could it?

Nah....HAS to be a religious thing.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Some people will see this as a sign of hope. If that's what it takes to get them to come together, rebuild and look toward the future in a positive way then I have absolutely no problem with it.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by darkhorserider

My intention is not to offend anyone and this is a conspiracy website is it not? I don't get that impression from some comments...

The message that the statue gives to me IMO is based on this:

Many Roman Catholics recite prayers based on Our Lady of Fátima. Lúcia later said that, in 1916, she and her cousins had several visions of an angel calling himself the "Angel of Portugal" and the "Angel of Peace" who taught them to bow with their heads to the ground and to say "O God, I believe, I adore, I hope, and I love you. I ask pardon for those who do not believe, do not adore, do not hope and do not love you." Lúcia later set this prayer to music and a recording exists of her singing it.[48] It was also said that sometime later the angel returned and taught them a eucharistic devotion now known as the Angel Prayer.[49][50]

Lúcia said that the Lady emphasized Acts of Reparation and prayers to console Jesus for the sins of the world. Lúcia said that Mary's words were "When you make some sacrifice, say 'O Jesus, it is for your love, for the conversion of sinners, and in reparation for sins committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary.'" At the first apparition, Lúcia wrote, the children were so moved by the radiance they perceived that they involuntarily said "Most Holy Trinity, I adore you! My God, my God, I love you in the Most Blessed Sacrament."[51] Lúcia also said that she heard Mary ask for these words to be added to the Rosary after the Gloria Patri prayer: "O my Jesus, pardon us, save us from the fires of hell. Lead all souls to heaven, especially those in most need."[52]

In the tradition of Marian visitations, the "conversion of sinners" is not necessarily religious conversion to the Roman Catholic Church, for that would be the "conversion of heretics or apostates who are 'outside the church and alien to the Christian Faith' according to Pope Leo XIII in his encyclical on the Unity of the Church, Satis Cognitum". Conversion of sinners refers to general repentance and attempt to amend one's life according to the teachings of Jesus for those True Catholics who do profess the faith truly, but are fallen into sins. Lúcia wrote that she and her cousins defined "sinners" not as non-Catholics but as those who had fallen away from the church or, more specifically, willfully indulged in sinful activity, particularly "sins of the flesh"[53] and "acts of injustice and a lack of charity towards the poor, widows and orphans, the ignorant and the helpless" which she said were even worse than sins of impurity.[54]

Source

For those that could careless...my response is:
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink it...lol

My intention: The info above is food for thought if it's something you find interesting...

Also let me add that my daughter just had a high school friend named Fatima pass away this week from leukemia...and so my prayers are very close to my heart for those suffering.
edit on 3-11-2012 by relocator because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Here's a recent account of a statue of Mary bleeding and what was reported as the meaning...

London, July 18 (ANI): Faithfuls are gathering in a small Louisiana neighbourhood to witness a statue of Mother Mary "bleeding."

"One way to think about it is to see how this is real to those who devote themselves to Mary and what that means to them as a kind of prayerful way to contemplate the role Mary in their lives or Jesus in their lives and for many people it's empowering and it's a way to return to a devotion," the professor said. (ANI)

Source

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join