It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Claims Increasing of Machines Switching Votes in Ohio & Other Battleground States

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
And so it begins ....

Claims Increasing of Machines Switching Votes in Ohio & Other Battleground States

Fox News has received several complaints from voters who say they voted on touch-screen voting machines -- only when they tried to select Mitt Romney, the machine indicated they had chosen President Obama. The voters in question realized the error and were able to cast ballots for their actual choice.

"I don't know if it happened to anybody else or not, but this is the first time in all the years that we voted that this has ever happened to me," said Marion, Ohio, voter Joan Stevens.

Stevens said that when she voted, it took her three tries before the machine accepted her choice to vote for Romney.

I know people were concerned that the machines would falsely read 'ROMNEY' because some member of his family owns or works for the company that makes the machines. (can't remember which). But, if these new reports are accurate, it looks like there is other tampering going on. The states that the news network has received complaints from - Nevada, North Carolina, Texas and Ohio.

I'd say 'allegedly' received complaints from .. but they are naming names of people who are complaining .. so it looks like it may be for real. The first thing that I thought of was that this was FOX setting the stage to say that the election was rigged when Obama wins (and yes, I think Obama will win). But they are saying the names so it could be true.

I can understand people calling the news network to report it. If they just tell the local people running the machines nothing might be done about it. Afterall .. THEY could be the ones who tampered with the machines. But then again .. it could be just an innocent glitch in the system.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Sounds to me like the right is preparing an excuse for the loss.

Pretty much admitting defeat.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Romney needs to get his money back
on all those machines he owns!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This is just propaganda because Obama is killing Romney in early voting.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
Sounds to me like the right is preparing an excuse for the loss..

That's the first thing I thought of. That this was setting the stage for a whine fest after Obama wins. Blame it on corruption and the machines, etc etc. But they actually are reporting the names and locations of where these things allegedly happened. So it could be true.

Anyways, this is a conspiracy board and this is a possible conspiracy .. so ... have at it folks!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
It is Fox News who is reporting remember. Not exactly a bastion of reliability.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fender51
It is Fox News who is reporting remember. Not exactly a bastion of reliability.

None of them are reliable. But they are actually giving names and places. So it could be true.
This is just 'breaking news' at this point. We'll see how it plays out in the next couple of days ...

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
This election will make HANGING CHADS look like childs play.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
And of course if people were complaining that they were voting for Obama and Romney was coming up FOX would be all over that I'm sure. Being all 'fair and impartial' and such.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
This is fox news doing what they do best. Reading the story it has one person in the whole Country complaining that the "machine" changed her vote. Fox says that other States are having "similar problems".
Like most news stories these days you have to dig deep into the story to find the truth. I dug, and here is the truth:

"It is nearly technically impossible to pre-program the voting machines in Nevada to vote for a specified candidate," said Nevada Secretary of State Ross Miller,

FOX NEWS

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yes, it appears that the Machines are skewed toward Obama not Romney. The Left has put all their eggs in Obama's basket and desperately want him to continue taking America down the left handed path.

Seems they will stop at nothing to keep their guy in. Rigged voting machines, UAW lawsuits, claims of sex scandals, vicious and lying attack ads, not to mention the creepy stuff Obama himself is saying on the campaign trail.
edit on 2-11-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I know people were concerned that the machines would falsely read 'ROMNEY' because some member of his family owns or works for the company that makes the machines. (can't remember which).

His son owns the the voting machine manufacturer via his investment firm...took a majority share earlier this year.

But, if these new reports are accurate, it looks like there is other tampering going on. The states that the news network has received complaints from - Nevada, North Carolina, Texas and Ohio.

I'd say 'allegedly' received complaints from .. but they are naming names of people who are complaining .. so it looks like it may be for real. The first thing that I thought of was that this was FOX setting the stage to say that the election was rigged when Obama wins (and yes, I think Obama will win). But they are saying the names so it could be true.

Soon...very soon the polling booths in Ohio and other battleground states will be flooded by an army of lawyers from both the Obama and Romney camp who will be detailing and documenting everytime someone even passes gas in the voting booth. If there are irregularities...we will hear about it.

I can understand people calling the news network to report it. If they just tell the local people running the machines nothing might be done about it. Afterall .. THEY could be the ones who tampered with the machines. But then again .. it could be just an innocent glitch in the system.

Most people running the polls can barely operate the voting machines, let alone alter the software and circumvent safeguards.

I found your most likely answer to the mystery...

It is occuring with touch-screen voting machines...and some complaints about calibration. Kind of like when you mean to hit one thing on your "smart" phone and another icon or letter clicks through.

If this is the case I imagine the likelyhood of error would go both ways...

I also find it funny that the RNC Lawyer in CO below sent a letter to the Sec of State saying...
"I understand that, in a significant number of cases, voting machines in your states have populated a vote for Barack Obama when a voter cast his or her ballot for Mitt Romney,"

When in fact there was only ONE instance of a woman incorrectly voting and that machine was taken off line despite apparently working fine and her vote was corrected.

They are laying the groundwork for a massive legal challenge when they lose.

This tells me to get ready for more ugliness after election day, cuz it will be close enough to kick and scratch.

Read more: GOP cites voting-machine errors - The Denver Post www.denverpost.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Well for one in Ohio each county purchases and uses it's own machines. So you explain to me how exactly it is A machine in a Republican County under a Republican Secretary of State is rigging machines for Obama. In most cases it is gonna be the moron touching the screen that is the problem.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Have you ever seen an old person try to use a touch screen?

I rest my case.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I can see the headlines on Fox News a week after the elections.

Breaking News: Sources say Iran was found hacking voting machines to undermine the democratic process.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I'm not buying this. I think some voters are either claiming this on purpose or mistakenly pushing the wrong button.

As a woman call-in from Nevada said: "It doesn't make any sense". After you vote for your candidate - - then you have to push another button to confirm it.

I think some are just intentionally "borrowing" what actually did happen with some Diebold machines during Bush's election.

I call Shenanigans.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The elections were rigged in 2000 & 2004 for sure. Nothing was done about it.

To think that they're not rigged in 2012 is preposterous.

What's even more absurd is to think either of these bastards have the people's interest in mind.

Your vote is a vote for slavery.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
These are the same ridiculous arguments from the right... BLS unemployment numbers are "faked" just these couple of months but were perfectly fine for the past 2 years... All the polls are wrong whenever Mitt is behind but they're just fine whenever there's a tie or Mitt is winning... Massive "voter fraud" allegedly caused by Acorn yet no proof but then we catch the R's destroy registrations. And of course Jeep "shipping all their jobs to China"

This might end up like 2000 once again. They will have operatives causing fake demonstrations and impeding the vote count so they can get up to the Supremes again and appoint Mitt the white horse. Then again early voting shows dems winning 2/3 of the vote so maybe it will be a decisive victory in enough states to make the recount in a few contested ones irrelevant.

Go vote no matter who you pick. Just pick one just for fun, it will get interesting!

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
It IS possible to stuff voting machines with precast votes. I know that there were a ton of votes for Obama on the machines in Philly back in 2008. I'm sure that there are people on both sides who will attempt to stuff the machines or cause votes in favor of 'their guy'. So I dont think it's far fetched to happen .. At the same time I'm thinking that whoever doesn't win will claim that the machines were rigged and there will be a bunch of whining ....

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
well, here is a video of a vote being switched from obama to romney in pennsylvania.

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

join