It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Third Rise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
One interpretation of biblical revelation claims the "End Times" will begin when the empire of Rome rises for the third, and final time. The first rising is of course the classic Roman Empire of antiquity, the second, and more difficult to identify could be Charlemagne's Holy Roman Empire, Napoleon's take over of Europe, The League of Nations, The Russian Revolution, and subsequent USSR, Hitler's Third Reich, or the U.N.. If we assume that one of the aforementioned is the second rising then is the case strong enough to consider the E.U. the third, and final rise.

The Nineteen fifty eight Treaty of Rome was the inaugural act that heralded the foundation of the European Union, the original idea was conceived by Jean Monet a senior French civil servant. Seventy three Decimalization (as an interesting historical aside the origin of decimated is in a Roman army practice to punish cowardice legions were forced to beat one in every ten of there number to death hence the expression decimated).
Seventy Five UK enters ECM, establishment of EEC the European Economic Community or TEEC. Nineteen Eighty Nine saw the fall of Berlin Wall beginning of the break up of the USSR.

Nineteen ninety Adverts began airing on UK television featuring Richard Branson, and other Business Luminaries hailing the lowering of trade barriers due to begin with closer integration in the formation of the EU in Ninety two. Ninety one EU opositionist UK PM Margaret Thatcher forced out of office.
Nineteen ninety two saw the formation of EU, the opening of the EU Parliament, the establishment EU Commission, the inauguration of the EU Supreme Court of Human Rights, and the first warnings of loss of sovereignty to an EU superstate, or United States of Europe.

Nineteen ninety three saw The Treaty of Maastricht ratified UK PM John Major negotiates an unforeseen opt out of the Social Chapter. Nineteen ninety seven saw the of "New Labour", with Tony Blair as PM and Gordon Brown as Chancellor who subsequently announced the decision that the UK would not be joining the single currency.
Ninety nine launch of Single currency the Euro which achieves what Rome/ Holy Roman Empire/Napoleon/Hitler failed to achieve without conflict.

Massive amounts of funding to many States leading to unsustainable temporary wealth particularly in the P I G S collectively Portugal, Ireland, Greece, and Spain as they became known many EU loans were not repaid. Two thousand and eight Euro begins to fail massive bailouts from IMF to prevent currency collapse, blame laid at the feet of the PIGS for giving citizens unsustainable pension increases, lowering retirement age, and failure to repay original loans from EU.

Two thousand and ten UK PM Cameron announces his intention to hold a referendum on withdrawal from EU. Two thousand and twelve, due to continuing instability EU agrees centralization of over six thousand European banks to take effect in Two thousand in thirteen.

What say you ATS.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Interesting read, and a good summation. I will be following this thread with lots of interest. I've always had this feeling that the EU was somehow going to be a big player in future events.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by bronco73
Interesting read, and a good summation. I will be following this thread with lots of interest. I've always had this feeling that the EU was somehow going to be a big player in future events.

Thanks Bronco
But it seems there is not going to be much of a thread to follow

new topics

join