It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Recent Terror Attack Tip Proves to be Bogus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   
A reporter with the Washington Times has recently found that U.S. intelligence agencies believe the tips they had received about attacks in the U.S. prior to the elections are false. Intelligence gathered on the subject appears to be part of a dis-information campaign on the part of the terrorists. With this information out in the wild, additional scrutiny will likely be placed on the nation's terror threat level system.

washingtontimes.com
"We are concerned because a number of different threat reports we've received over the past few months indicate terrorists plan to disrupt the democratic process," said one official with access to intelligence reports.
Officials said that since the spring, numerous information sources, both electronic and human, have indicated that al Qaeda is planning a major attack on the United States or on U.S. targets abroad before the Nov. 2 election.
But officials said several threat reports from April and May have been found to be "a deception" designed to fool U.S. intelligence agencies.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I find it interesting that a major quote from the article indicates that U.S. intelligence agencies are concerned about threat reports which indicate terrorists' plan to disrupt the democratic process.

Doesn't freaking the American people out about a pending attack with no factual basis constitute a disruption in the democratic process? Maybe it's just me.

[edit on 20-10-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Come on ATS'ers, you can't tell me that a revelation by the U.S. Intelligence community that the tips that have lead to concerns of attacks against financial institutions on the east coast and concerns of a pre-election 'spectacular attack' isn't worth talking about.

We've just come out publicly to say that we've been duped by a targeted dis-information campaign on the part of al-Qaeda. That's big news...bigger than John Edwards fixing his hair and Dick Cheney's gay daughter at least.

Is it simply that you're all comfortable with being lied to at this point?

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
As a citizen of the uk i am shocked this revelation surpises anybody. wasnt it aparent that Bush would fall back on his 'war on terror' jibe at the election? He has always raised the level of alert when it suits him i.e after the democratic convention in Boston it went up. coincidence? I think that Bush will put the terror alert through the roof in the days before the election so that he can carry on his 'war-time president' bollocks. YOU CANT MAKE WAR AGAINST TERROR! WAR CREATES TERRORISM! Why does it suprise you that your government and security forces have decieved you? it hasnt been that long since it last happened!

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
It is actually kinda funny...The most highly trained intelligence apparatus fooled by mere dis-information... If its true we are in bad shape... If its not then somebody is lying and we are in bad shape... either way we are in bad shape...

I think this whole terror thing his hype anyway... Terror begets Terror.

But most americans are too wrapped up in stars and stripes to see the truth... Thats why I will be voting for bush... The punishment america deserves....

new topics

top topics

join