It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX Unfair and Far From Balanced.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Koros

Sorry you sounded like a cult member to me. It's also equally possible that you're stupid, ill informed, or lack good judgement all on your own.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Everyone is picking on Fox News as though they have a monopoly on misinformation. Common on, give me a break. The media is so full of #, people have to turn off the tv to prevent poisoning themselves.

You have to go foreign media outlets like aljazeera and russia today to get something worthwhile.

At least fox news has pretty women compared to the dogs on the other networks. That is a plus!

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

The difference is that Fox controls people. Many find it easy to dismiss other media outlets.
But a Fox cult member never dismisses the Fox priests.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by fripw

I think you are attempting to split hairs. There is no journalistic integrity in america, or even europe for that matter, so viewer preference falls on liberal or conservative bias. Then how good looking the reporters are, how many sports are televised, etc.

When you have a choice for "a turd sandwich" and "a turd sandwich with mustard" most people will opt for the second. You get what you can...

CNBC reported the $43 trillion lawsuit against the nwo and the vp children got brutally murdered. Then cnbc took the lawsuit off their site/database. Evil rich people wish to stay out of the limelight and they have enough money to do so.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

At least fox news has pretty women compared to the dogs on the other networks. That is a plus!

I don't watch a lot of fox, but which pretty women do they have? I guess Megyn Kelly is decent but not my type. I don't know their others hosts beside grechen and greta but I doubt you're talking about them.

CNN has Robin Meade and Brook Balwin, and MSNBC's Tamron Hall could get my lovin.

If sexy was the most important thing in choosing news the Spanish networks have the hottest hosts by far.

discussions on sexy hosts > discussions on which network is less bias.

edit on 3-11-2012 by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Well I thinks its the motivation of the news that is the main difference. Normal news(cbs,nbc, etc) will report/comment on things that increase viewership whether it's true or bs for increased ad revenue. Fox is motivated to influence your vote in the interest of big money/republican.
Fox is propaganda, other news is money grubbers.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I just wanna know why people think liberals and their media networks controlled by rich people, just as much as the conservative media is, is somehow a better choice than the second.

Has anyone proved 9-11-2001 was a false flag? Have the democrats gone after bush and cheney who perpetrated the attacks? In fact clinton was making fun of the "inside job" folks during the DNC rally 4 years ago and even makes fun of bohemian groove, as though only republicans go there.

Common people, we need progressive media and progressive parties in government. Until then there isn't much to discuss. If I want news "made in america" I will stick to alex jones. If I want beauty pagents I will stick to fox news.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

We need laws that if a news station intentionally lies they get ass sued off and newscasters thrown in jail.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by fripw
reply to post by Koros

Sorry you sounded like a cult member to me. It's also equally possible that you're stupid, ill informed, or lack good judgement all on your own.

This is why I love ATS! "You disagree with me, you must be stupid! Stupid head!"

Sure, call me whatever you want. I don't care.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

We need laws that if a news station intentionally lies they get ass sued off and newscasters thrown in jail.
So, damned the First Amendment, huh?

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Fox, and MSNBC are both pretty bad in their obvious leaning towards the right, and left, respectively. It isn't that hard to figure out watching 5 minutes of each...but...whatever. It's not like CNN is much better. We need a real news station that reports news, and not just report political views.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Catacomb

I think it was ted turner that said "its good that soldiers are killing themselves".

Also I think it is ted turner that owns the georgia guidestones.

CNN is ok and ted turner is gone. Thankfully!

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Koros

You can't yell fire in a crowded theater when there's no fire and you shouldn't be able to advertise yourself as fair and balanced news when your not.
edit on 3-11-2012 by fripw because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by fripw

The difference there being that the former represents a clear and present danger to people, the latter does not.

That doesn't mean I condone lying. Hell, call them on it! Hold their feet to the fire so people can see the lies for what they are. But, to make it a criminal act to tell a lie on TV is going way too far.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Correct.
I don't want their filthy spins and interpretations and agendas, just report the facts, is that too much to ask?
They are all filthy liars and I think this country would be better suited without them.
The US News Media and their FILTHY Propaganda makes Russian and North Korea News outlets etc blush.

Originally posted by Catacomb
Fox, and MSNBC are both pretty bad in their obvious leaning towards the right, and left, respectively. It isn't that hard to figure out watching 5 minutes of each...but...whatever. It's not like CNN is much better. We need a real news station that reports news, and not just report political views.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I think a good start would be to have disclaimers at the bottom of screens when opinion shows are being played on news outlets.
edit on 3-11-2012 by Grimpachi because: spelling

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Koros

Perhaps I was being a little extreme but I want to emphasize how dangerous allowing fear mongering liars free reign on major stations. I believe other civilized countries have laws to stop this. Maybe just warning and shutting down a station would be enough.

Fox is huge with huge money and huge clout in our government.
It would be impossible in today's environment to even slow them down legislatively. Unless of course if the Republican party goes away.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by fripw

I don't disagree that liars and fear mongers should be called out. The media, as the Fourth Estate, was supposed to be the guardians of the public interest, holding the three branches of the government accountable for their actions. Instead, too many media outlets (including Fox News) have decided to simply act as an arm of their respective political party. People, whether private citizens, news figures, or politicians, should be held accountable for their lies. But, I think the best way to combat lies is with more speech. Fight fire with fire, so to speak.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

reply to post by Koros

Perhaps I was being a little extreme but I want to emphasize how dangerous allowing fear mongering liars free reign on major stations. I believe other civilized countries have laws to stop this. Maybe just warning and shutting down a station would be enough.

Fox is huge with huge money and huge clout in our government.
It would be impossible in today's environment to even slow them down legislatively. Unless of course if the Republican party goes away.

Why should the government have to shut them down? That would be a direct violation of the first amendment and sets a slippery slope precedent. I mean here we are trying to defend an open internet from the UN and the american government itself that censors things like crazy...and people like you are making the tyrant's arguement.

Theoretically it is easy to "shut down" Fox News. Be better than them! Actually I see Democracy Now and Infowars shutting down ALL THE NETWORKS and both the liberals and conservatives "soiling their underwear", for lack of a better analogy.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Koros

Free speech is good but unfortunately big money/corporations control politicians(and government),, courts(via politicians, govern through unelected judges),bringing us to media which can spin reality any way they want. You can talk(free speech) all you want but if no one hears or believes you does it really mean anything.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join