It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX Unfair and Far From Balanced.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Yes, because MSNBC, CNN, Media Matters and the Huffington Post are such wonderful bastions of truth, fairness and objectivity.

The news media...all of them...basically treat politics like a sporting event these days. They're all a joke.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
TaaDaa..................

ALEXANDRIA, VA - For the seventh night in a row, ABC’s World News, CBS Evening News, and NBC Nightly News refused to give one single second of coverage to the Obama administration’s deceitful response to the terrorist attack on the US consulate in Benghazi on September 11. According to the Media Research Center, the last time Benghazi was discussed on one of the flagship network evening news casts was the October 25 edition of CBS Evening News.

Since then, ABC News and CBS News have relegated coverage of the Benghazi terrorist attack to their websites. Jake Tapper’s November 1 report for ABC News landed on the Drudge Report, while a post from CBS News’ Sharyl Atkisson that same day was picked up by Real Clear Politics. But the millions of viewers who tune in to ABC’s World News and CBS Evening News were not permitted to hear these stories on the evening broadcasts................

ABC and CBS Ignore Their Own Reporters As Benghazi Blackout Reach 7 Days

Hmmmm...............

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Ahh yes the in depth coverage of computer generated fighters and guess work by fox has been ongoing with NO NEW information except guesswork from fox and friends. Is that considered reporting? Could it be that some news stations will cover something when there is new information? With the link provided notice the screenshots where the current story of Hurricane Sandy only gets a byline. Great work FOXES.

www.therightscoop.com...

I think most of the Foxnauts missed the point.

Fox claims to be Fair and Balanced and claims moral high ground because of it. They are anything but fair or balanced they are the worst offenders of that lie.

You can have your rightwing mouthpiece but stop perpetrating the lie.

BTW here is the best report on how fox reports out there.

fox benghaziness
edit on 3-11-2012 by Grimpachi because: add link

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Fox news is retarded all they do is constantly bash Obama not becasue he is bad but becasue is is a democrat.

All fake people being told what and how to report. im sure other news channels are bad but not this bad fox news dropped coverage of sandy to go back to bashing Obama

I dont fallow this crap but i go downstairs to my neighbors to have cigarette and he is always glued to this garbage.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitruvian

I'd rather watch Al-Jazeera..

At least they try to hide their lying a bit better.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
When I hear people say they constantly watch fox news, the only thing that comes to mind is this -------

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by Grimpachi

I prefer to see it as FOX is making up for zero to unfavorable coverage by every other network, of anyone but Obama.....

That's just not true. I've seen several negative articles about Obama, and many positive about Romney. In fact, one week it was so bad, I thought they were completely pro-Romney.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Fox News is a very serious issue. This type of Media is extremely dangerous to our country and should not be tolerated. The constitution does not grant the right to deceive.
Fox is a cult

The danger Fox News poses to America is not that it is a biased or partisan arm of the Republican Party, as the Obama Administration contends. Fox is a danger because it is a cult and uses the same destabilizing psychological techniques cults use to undermine the independent functioning of minds they want to control. Once unleashed, these cult-like techniques can ultimately take on a life of their own and become very dangerous, especially to the most important of all American freedoms, the freedom of thought. The most precise term for these techniques is mind control. Unfortunately, by focusing on Fox News' bias, the Administration diverts attention from the true problem. Fox is a powerful system of mind control that makes a mockery of the principles of self-reliance and individual responsibility for which Fox adherents ostensibly stand. For cults, like Fox News, their objective is total control of the victim's mind so that the viewer becomes the easily manipulated pawn of the cult. The cult leadership is not satisfied to merely convince the listener of a particular point of view. The cult wants to effectively pull the levers inside the listener's mind, and direct that mind lock, stock and barrel. The cult will measure its own success by the relative ease with which it is able to do this. As with any successful vehicle of thought control in a democratic society, overtly coercive tools of domination are not available as they are in more traditionally authoritarian regimes. People must not only join the cult voluntarily, they must also join without any awareness they have joined a cult. Fox succeeds in both of these tasks in large part because they successfully penetrates their viewers' minds in such a way that the viewers do not experience Fox News as telling them what to believe, what to do or, for that matter, even as advocating for what Fox News believes. Instead, the Fox viewer has the experience of hearing something they believe they have already known or felt before, whether they have or have not, not unlike a déjà vu experience. The difference between psychological suggestion and independent thought is lost on the person succumbing to psychological suggestion. Similarly, on an emotional level, Fox News elicits feelings of resentment from people, feelings which may be there to some extent, but which become far more pronounced by the time the extensive Fox commentary is over. Fox cleverly mirrors and amplifies these feelings explaining why any "sane" person would have the same feelings. The most common emotions in these cases are anger, disgust, and contempt. Humanistic emotions of compassion, love, and humor are almost totally lacking. Many of the rest of us, the "non-adherents," if you will, cannot understand how people can stand to listen to Fox News with its non-stop onslaught of what we experience as invective. What we don't allow for in our assessment, because we don't experience it, is the extraordinary relief Fox "commentary" provides to the minds of its adherents. It keeps listeners feeling certain, justified, and stimulated all day long, 24-7. This is no trivial psychological service. Fox appears to provide a 24/7 fortification of people's "own" political beliefs. And it is presented in a manner that ostensibly justifies a badly felt need for an emotional catharsis, especially rage, generated by the confusion people feel over the complexity of modern political and cultural issues. Helping people organize a suitable target for this rage requires creativity, good organizational skills and an interest in domination. These psychological "services" make Fox a Trojan Horse ostensibly bearing psychological gifts that give Fox free entry to the mind of its listeners and enabling it to surreptitiously exercise longstanding Orwellian techniques of thought control. Well orchestrated, repetitive talking points, limited to a very few key "loaded words," to borrow Orwell's term, take on great psychological effectiveness. The words become mental implants, not arguments or policy justifications. In this and other ways, the mind is gradually seduced into letting Fox have its way with the subjects' psyche with remarkably little resistance. People display a robotic acquiescence to positions and attitudes that heretofore had never been of concern to them. We have all experienced this striking transition with our own friends and acquaintances, and many of us have even experienced it with loved ones. It is as if one day they are there and reachable and the next they are shut off from us, unreachable by rational discussion. Some literally have a faraway look in their eyes. These are like the terrifying..,
edit on 3-11-2012 by fripw because: full article too long

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

I prefer to see it as FOX is making up for zero to unfavorable coverage by every other network, of anyone but Obama.....

That's just not true. I've seen several negative articles about Obama, and many positive about Romney on CNN. In fact, one week it was so bad, I thought they were completely pro-Romney.

Even MSNBC admited when Obama lost the debate.....when republicans lose a debate, Fox News just pretend like they won it.

As someone who knows a lot about propaganda, the stuff Fox News pulls is ridiculous, and is NOT being done anywhere close to the extent by the other networks. Fox news does extremely shady stuff.

edit on 3-11-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Fox employs a lot of liberals to give the other side, but you'll be hard pressed to find ANY right leaning people on any of the other networks. It really cracks me up to see the FAUX outrage here on ATS, because the same people turn around and deny that mass media and Hollywood are propaganda arms of the Democrat party. You're fine as long as the "news" source is parroting Democrat talking points, because that's what you agree with.

I don't watch any of them. Got rid of cable a year or so ago.

Originally posted by 3xil3
Fox news is retarded all they do is constantly bash Obama not becasue he is bad but becasue is is a democrat.

All fake people being told what and how to report. im sure other news channels are bad but not this bad fox news dropped coverage of sandy to go back to bashing Obama

I dont fallow this crap but i go downstairs to my neighbors to have cigarette and he is always glued to this garbage.

All the other networks do is demonize Republicans, along with most TV shows, late night and comedy central. You just cant stand that someone out there say something you disagree with.

You all remind me of Bill Maher the other night. He said something like "Fox News bias alert should be called d"people saying things we dislike". He of course is totally oblivious to the fact that's what his show is and what liberals do on a regular basis.
edit on 3-11-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

You have been taught to think this by Fox. I know this because this angle is only played by people that watch fox. You have no proof of this. You are an unquestioning Fox disciple.

edit on 3-11-2012 by fripw because: missed an n

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by Klassified

I truly thought that this was a well know fact. Obviously it is not. My sister is a FOX news junkie. Believes everything she hears there. It is so stupid.

It's actually painful to watch people do that.

o.0

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Fox employs a lot of liberals to give the other side, but you'll be hard pressed to find ANY right leaning people on any of the other networks.

simply not true.

And this really isn't about whether other networks are biased too. That's not a sound argument for why Fox news is so biased, and so manipulating. Because even if all of the networks are liberally biased(which CNN at the very least isn't, anyone saying CNN is liberally biased is obviously a republican who doesn't like the facts they don't agree with), it doesn't change the fact that Fox news is the most manipulative, emotionally charged propaganda, news network around.

They do sick propaganda techniques that toy with people's emotions. The other networks do NOT do that. Look they all are a form of propaganda, because the truth is that per definition the news is a form of propaganda. But there's a special form of propaganda, called emotional propaganda, that is what most people think of when they think "propaganda." and Fox news employs this technique ALL OF THE TIME. It's absolutely sick. Fox news is extremely manipulative, it doesn't matter what your political leaning is.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

You're just as sycophantic as the worst Fox viewer. The fact you think CNN is closest to unbiased is very good evidence for it.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

That's all you got out of my post?

Moron. You couldn't be more wrong.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

His mind is controlled by O'Riley. You can't have an intelligent disagreement with a cult member.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I look at Fox after MSN or MSNBC to see how balanced the reporting is. Mostly I watch NBC news but I am a channel surfer even when it comes to the news and if the story is not interesting to me I will switch to another station that is covering something I find more interesting.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
Can we now put this Myth to rest?

What myth? I thought everyone knew that. At least around here we all do. There is a thread about how bad FOX is every month or so. It's nothing new. FOX is rightwing. MSNBC is left wing. CNN .. it depends on their mood. Sometimes they are even handed and then other times they aren't.

FOX Unfair and Far From Balanced.

FOX, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, and even CNN ... none are 'fair and balanced'.
All have agendas ...

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
"Fox News is biased!" says Media Matters.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

The thing is...I don't think anyone actually believes the "fair and balanced" thing. Its far too obvious that Fox is a Neocon network. At least in their "news" programs. Yes, they purport to be something they're not, but...Freedom of the Press allows them amd any network to be as biased and misleading as they wish. Hopefully people realize this, not just about Fox, but MSNBC, CNN, CBS, ABC, NBC, etc. There is NO requirement to be fair, balanced, or even honest.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join