It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX Unfair and Far From Balanced.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Why would you only blame Fox news and not MSNBC and others news networks.People really are gonna reach the point where they are fed up with this onesided crap.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I am sure people can remember when news was once or twice a day then the first 24 hr. news station came along and I thought nobody’s going to watch this stuff. Then more popped up but it was still boring. I think they just got tired of actually reporting news or they needed ratings to stay afloat because it has devolved from news to this brain mush. We needed a place to get real news again. Thank god for the Invent of the internet but now we have to work for it.

Ahh the good old days. I am kind of nostalgic now.

Yes I also remember not having remotes only a couple chanels with rabbit ears and crapy reception.
edit on 3-11-2012 by Grimpachi because: refrase

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I would not trust any, but Fox is by far the most bias and prone to full on BS! If I see something on Fox I first find other sources before I wrap my mind around it. Seems I am full of mistrust for Fox, and take all I see there with a need to find other sources!

That said they all have an agenda, and all should be taken with a grain of salt. Do not trust the media! The best a person can do is see all that they can. Foxnews, RT, CNN. MSNBC Aljazeera all of em you can find.

One thing that I find incredibly sad is that a Russian news outlet is the only one who would give air time for an independent presidential candidate debate. This just speaks to the sorry state of our electoral system.
rt.com...

To me the free world just doesn't seem so free anymore, and a sold out media is a big part of the problem here.

edit on 3-11-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Since Obama and Romney were both bought by the Wall Street Banksters, I am curious if there is any news network that is outspoken about the third parties as they are Obama and Romney?

Probably not.

Some may say that they were never covered extensively because they were never considered by the mainstream population.

The most likely reason is the most obvious one. The elite are in it for profit and control and there is no profit or control from letting third parties take the podium, that being via the media

reply to post by CALGARIAN

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
FOX NEWS is garbage whether they are talking about the election or not. Out of every media channel on cable, Fox stands out by far to be the worst.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeniVidi
I watch FOX NEWS, because their women have the shortest dresses and best legs on MSM. You just never know when they are going to switch positions in their seats.

At least we know which 'head' it is that you are thinking with..
As good as an excuse (for ignorance) as any other

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
It really doesn't matter in the long run, it's all an illusion. After all, JP Morgan purchased the media in 1915 around the world, according to a 1917 congressional record..

www.scribd.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
FOX NEWS is garbage whether they are talking about the election or not. Out of every media channel on cable, Fox stands out by far to be the worst.

Say it isn't so.........
FOX NEWS SITE

Fair and Balanced - All the news that fit to report - un-biased - objective - truthful.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
Ah yes, as Obama's chances continue to dwindle, the ##SNIPPED## come out in force with Biden'ic charts, fuzzy math calculations, and Fox News allegations. What they fail to see (or intentionally troll) is that the American MSM is as polluted as the Potomac River.
inthecapital.com...
edit on 2-11-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Nov 2 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You go, joker-boy. Obama's chances continue to dwindle? Are you strung out on ibogaine or oxycotin or something else? You REALLY think that Obama is looking worse to voters, given his handling of the federal disaster relief and Chris Christie's praising of him?

Do you also not look at polls? And I don't mean whacked-out, right-wing, partisan polls ala Skewedpolls.com (or whatever it's called). I mean fivethirtyeight.com, Nate Silver's site. He has a proven track record. Get back to me about these fools' aformentioned skewedpoll.com results after the election, before you claim they are more accurate. The polls in the bulk of the swing states are trending for Obama; read 'em 'n weep, Sunshine.

The fact that you are making such ludicrous, spurious, specious and outlandish claims indicates that you are either a GOP sock puppet or a deluded individual who has lost touch with reality -- or a combination there of.

But you know what, that's not what this thread is about. It's about the obvious bias and mendacity of FOX news, which you convenient didn't bother to address in your comment. No surprise there either, because you're just taking your cue from the right-wing/GOP rule book: obfuscate, misdirect and redirect. Such two-bit evil Jedi tricks might work on imperial storm troopers and brainwashed views of FOX, but it doesn't work on thinking people. Of course you have no good response to counter the argument of the OP, but thanks for playing.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

Take a looksee.................Barone is the best in the field - bar none:
Campaign 2012
Barone: Going out on a limb: Romney beats Obama, handily

Fundamentals usually prevail in American elections. That's bad news for Barack Obama. True, Americans want to think well of their presidents and many think it would be bad if Americans were perceived as rejecting the first black president.

OP Edit.
Barone concludes - after a professional breakdown of the electoral college vote in all of the critical states --->

Following professional political analysis: Bottom line: Romney 315, Obama 223. That sounds high for Romney. But he could drop Pennsylvania and Wisconsin and still win the election. Fundamentals.

Michael Barone,The Examiner's senior political analyst, can be contacted at [email protected]. His column appears Wednesday and Sunday, and his stories and blog posts appear on washingtonexaminer.com.
====================================================================================

EDIT -- Latest Gallup results:

Romney currently leads Obama 52% to 46% among voters who say they have already cast their ballots. However, that is comparable to Romney's 51% to 46% lead among all likely voters in Gallup's Oct. 22-28 tracking polling. At the same time, the race is tied at 49% among those who have not yet voted but still intend to vote early, suggesting these voters could cause the race to tighten. However, Romney leads 51% to 45% among the much larger group of voters who plan to vote on Election Day, Nov. 6.

=====================================================================================
For the latest excellent and truthful election analysis - FOX NEWS SITE

Fair and Balanced - All the news that fit to report - un-biased - objective - truthful.

edit on 3-11-2012 by Vitruvian because: TXT EDIT

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by curiouscanadian777
Ummm, no...
CNN is as big of a liar as Fox.

The fact is, there is no 'news' anymore, what we used to think of it as - an unbiased truthful account of what is happening in the world. It is 'Info-tainment'.

Independent journalists are all we have left, and even then you have to be careful because who knows what their agendas are.

google 'CNN lies' and see what you find. Hundreds of examples.

This is one of the most ridiculous ones, but they still do it, they've just refined their technique.
"CNN LIES to us, Live from 1991" supposedly live from Iraq youtu.be...

They all lie. Every.Single.Channel.
edit on 2-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: add comment

edit on 2-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: correction

Um, no. CNN does not lie as much as FOX. But no one here is praising CNN either; the graph just showed that they are more equitable with time given to presidential campaign speeches than is FOX. And for an examle of a CNN lie, you go back to 1991? That's 21 years ago. What whoppers have they said lately?

Let's be clear, I'm no defender of CNN, but I contend that it is far more balanced and truthful than FOX. FOX puts up pictures of the the wrong person when they have a news story and even mis-state politician's political party affiliation. I'm also happy to acknowledge that MSNBC is obviously biased to the Democrats, BUT it sticks to facts, unlike FOX.

A station, FOX, which fights a court battle to have the right of free speech to spew lies over the public airwaves is clearly the vilest of news media entities.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Why should FOX be balanced when none of the other networks have been balanced in over 40 years? Seriously cry a river lefties because no one cares anymore that you lost your monopoly. Is MNSBC balanced when their lead program say men are rarely victims of Domestic Violence(when men are victims of DV roughly half the time)?

What your really crying about is the fact that you lefties can't force your opinion down non-lefties throats anymore. In that respect the lefties are nothing but intellectual rapists. They force themselves and their perverted agenda down everyones throat in the hopes of that if they do it enough either: A) the person might start to like it, or B) brainwash the next generation into believing their bigoted sexist garbage.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Did anybody ever stop to think what FOX is up against ?

They're so bogged down with the constant stream of Liberal bias from all directions that it's a wonder they can even keep up.

They have every Left Wing intelligentsia fist pounding eye bulging brain throbbing Liberal under the Sun coming at them 24 hours a day !!

Some of the Obama spin is so crazy, they can't even respond.

But that's what makes the world go round isn't it.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

All other networks have ads that are mostly pro-Obama. They show more pro-Obama ads than Romneys, and they don't even mention Ron Paul...

MSNBC, CNN, etc, etc are pro-Obama, and btw Media Matters is a PROGRESSIVE site, it is LEFTWING, so it is more than unlikely that they are telling the truth about how much coverage the news networks do...

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
To me the free world just doesn't seem so free anymore, and a sold out media is a big part of the problem here.

And what used to be a free country has been slowly turned into a dictatorship by Progressives/the Left...

They are the ones who put in charge the banker elites/aka the Feds/aka the Federal Reserve, and they are the main people implementing laws that go against the Constitution of these United States.

And please, don't start with "but Republicans have done the same"... Since 1913 at least there has been a slow, but steady implementation of UnConstitutional laws/regulations, and a steady corruption of our political system thanks to the LEFT, and they are the same people now claiming to have a new solution (one World Government) when it is the goal the leftwinger elites have been wanting to implement for decades...

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
@ MrInquisitive:

I was responding to someone who said CNN was better.

Syria. They're all lying about Syria. And Libya.

I picked that one, because Jesus, if they're willing to do that? That's about as low as it gets in my opinion. Lame and...cheesy.

More recent examples like the "Syrian Activist Heeeeeere's Danny", which someone else posted.

Here's a faked Libyan war scene of which there were many. www.youtube.com...

I mean, when you are out and out faking/manufacturing things, that takes it a step further than mere lying.

They all showed Libyan and Syrian 'protests', showing large crowds supposedly against the 'regime', but turned out to be huge crowds of supporters. Lots of photoshopped pictures.

google it, see what you find. I may have exaggerated with hundreds, but then again, consider this - if Libya was a lie, and it absolutely was, an out and out unjustified and illegal invasion; then every bit of footage they showed us, and it was a lot, every 'activists say', 'a source close to...', 'it can't be confirmed but...', is all lies. The same applies to Syria. All lies. That's a lot of footage, a lot of stories, a lot of lies.
And every channel, every newspaper is telling us the same lies. They might run with a story that 'exposes' some detail, which mostly can't be confirmed, but even so...It's still in support of the big lie.

edit on 3-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: add comment

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Please bear in mind that FoxNews was the only news outlet that actively investigated and honestly reported what was really going on in Benghazi, and they showed quite clearly that BenghaziGate and the cowardly actions (non-actions actually) of the BHO administration was/is Barack Hussein Obama's final undoing - demonstrating his incompetence and his treachery.

Thanks to the fair and balanced reportage at FoxNews from intelligence analysts like Catherine Herridge
BHO will soon be out of office. "Good riddance to bad rubbish" as the saying goes and never has it been so true as in the case of BHO.

edit on 3-11-2012 by Vitruvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Here's a recent example of fairer and more balanced.....

M edia Selectively Edits Chuck Schumer out of Sandy Victim's Pleas for Help

the story is self explanatory.

Panic !!

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
And even more "balancing" .....

In January of 2009, when President Obama took office, the unemployment rate was 7.8%. Four years and around $5 trillion dollars in debt later, it's 7.9%. When Obama took office the long-term unemployment (U-6) rate was 14.2%. Today, it's 14.6%.

Obama promised us 5.2%.

And, still, the media celebrates the jobs numbers. If you weren't watching the cable nets, consider yourself lucky. It was nauseating. CNN's Erin Burnett and Soledad O'Brien were practically jumping out of their chairs. Need I even describe MSNBC? Keep in mind that the media collective isn't thrilled because these numbers are good news for millions of everyday Americans who are suffering. The media's celebrating because they think these numbers mean well for one person's job -- Obama's. ..............

Media Celebrate Increased Unemployment, Lower Wages

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean

And what used to be a free country has been slowly turned into a dictatorship by Progressives/the Left...

They are the ones who put in charge the banker elites/aka the Feds/aka the Federal Reserve, and they are the main people implementing laws that go against the Constitution of these United States.

And please, don't start with "but Republicans have done the same"... Since 1913 at least there has been a slow, but steady implementation of UnConstitutional laws/regulations, and a steady corruption of our political system thanks to the LEFT, and they are the same people now claiming to have a new solution (one World Government) when it is the goal the leftwinger elites have been wanting to implement for decades...

Republicans and Democrats are just two sides of the same old coin. One is not better than the other! This two party system is all that has allowed the loss of liberty!
edit on 3-11-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join