It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX Unfair and Far From Balanced.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Using the argument that more people watch fox therefore it’s a better source fails because.

1 Fox is the mouthpiece for the right I think we all agree on that so considering the country is divided the majority of the right watch fox where the left is divided between the other networks. If the ratings from all the other networks were added up would they outnumber FOX? I do not know for certain it is just a hunch. ..Hey I watch Fox sometimes as I stated earlier mostly for giggles.

2 I will use the jumping off the bridge analogy…Look ratings do not equal quality but entertainment and that is what Fox is.

edit on 2-11-2012 by Grimpachi because: refrase

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Sounds a lot like my house! So, here the ratings show that Fox News is crushing everyone else, which means that a majority of Americans are duped then? You're saying that they are the ignorant masses?

Cable News Ratings

This story below must drive the liberals nuts!

FNC was October's top basic cable network in primetime among Total Viewers (3,459,000). This is the first time that the channel was number one for an entire month since September 2005 when Hurricane Katrina dominated the news cycle FNC was the number two cable channel in Total Day behind Nickelodeon. Several FNC programs hit record highs during October. FOX & Friends had its highest-rated program in viewership since Sept. ’05 during Hurricane Katrina (1,431,000 in P2+ – up 40%; 377,000 in 25-54 – up 15% · Both America’s Newsroom and Happening Now had their highest month ever in total viewers (AN: 1,746,000 – up 43%; 351,000 – up 30% in 25-54) (HN: 1,341,000 – up 40%; 301,000 – up 41%) · America Live with Megyn Kelly had its highest rated month ever in total viewers and second-highest in 25-54 (1,423,000 – up 23%; 316,000 – up 37%) · The Five finished October with its highest ever in both total viewers and in 25-54 (2,271,000 – up 52%; 461,000 – up 42%) · Special Report with Bret Baier had its highest ever viewership since Baier took over in anchoring (2,470,000 – up 31%; 476,000 – up 35% in 25-54) · FOX Report with Shepard Smith had its highest-rated month since September ’08 (2,271,000 -up 31%; 488,000–up 29%) · The O’Reilly Factor had its highest-rated month since October ’08 (3,917,000 – up 33%; 772,000 – up 37%) · Hannity had its highest ever month in total viewers since Hannity went solo (3,171,000 – up 55%; 695,000 – up 54%) · Red Eye had its highest ever rated month in both total viewers and second highest in 25-54 (524,000 – up 17%; 216,000 – up 22%)

Source

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Of course Fox with their unconfirmed sources and I heard it from somebody who knows somebody who heard from someone that is in the loop claims will still be believed by the Fox junkies no matter what they say.

The one they use that kills me is when they say:

"Some people say......."
or
"Most people believe....."

They use very specific language to insinuate that their views are widely held by the American population, but it amounts to propaganda. They sterilize information down to a specific tidbit and exploit the hell out of it.

Goebbels would be proud of what Fox has been able to accomplish and that is no exaggeration.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Hi Rez, I don't believe we have met. Welcome to ATS.

What you are failing to understand is that the ratings do not reflect the value of their content. Yes, Fox beats out the other news channels...but it doesn't beat SpongeBob, or even the re-runs of Golden Girls!

So the rating are meaningless. But can you comment on the quality of their content or are they just doing well because they hire the chicks that got too old to become a Lakers Girl?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
CNN is more pro-obama than any other network but...
I truly think CNN is the best news network. They ask tough questions to both parties, and do fact checking live (anderson cooper).

Although they have been giving Ron Paul less coverage than Fox.

AMEN! Brother or Sister. CNN=Communist News Network. Boycott Mainstream Media!!!!!M

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The beauty of America is you can just turn the channel. After all... If it is only one channel, why should you feel so threatened?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
Can we now put this Myth to rest? Fox is far from balanced or fair in fact it is the worst offender of these practices. It has been pointed out many times but for some they need a graph which is provided here.

Some of us already know FOX may as well be called Republican Campaign Headquarters but some people are still fooled because Fox says otherwise.

For the second day in a row, Fox News devoted extensive coverage to a campaign speech by Mitt Romney, far overshadowing the coverage the network gave President Obama's campaign speech. In fact, Fox News carried Romney's entire 26-minute speech live, while it cut Obama's remarks off after just three minutes.

mediamatters.org...

For me I do not really care that they endorse one candidate over another but them perpetrating the lie that they are unbiased in this is what ticks me off at least the other stations are not trying to claim moral high ground. What is worse is that people believe the Fox lie.

Media Matters is your source? Really?? I mean really? Using Media Matters as a source for a hit piece on Fox is like using Rush Limbuagh at a source for a hit piece on the left. Come on, you need to try harder than that.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I don't trust either as far I can throw em, CNN most definitely included.

CNN Fake Newscast Best Quality

Caught: Staged CNN Syria Interviews Faked By Activist Danny

But I would agree CNN, for all of it's faults, is probably the best of the 3, I dunno maybe MSNBC but what I do know is Fox is wayyy at the bottom
. Where Fox News fails in integrity it more than makes up for in the news entertainment news department.
edit on 2-11-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

If ratings = credible worldviews..then Honey Boo-boo should be POTUS

Now THAT is scary!

It kind of annoys me that I even know who Honey Boo-Boo is, much less Snooky and the rest of Jersey idiots.

I've never watched any of those shows, but their names keep popping up as supposed news.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Yeah that Danny POS...What a baaaaad actor.
Sometimes even I can't believe their audacity man...
Anderson Cooper! Keeping them snicker Honest!
Barf...

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by Rezlooper

Hi Rez, I don't believe we have met. Welcome to ATS.

What you are failing to understand is that the ratings do not reflect the value of their content. Yes, Fox beats out the other news channels...but it doesn't beat SpongeBob, or even the re-runs of Golden Girls!

So the rating are meaningless. But can you comment on the quality of their content or are they just doing well because they hire the chicks that got too old to become a Lakers Girl?

Hi there Sheep, nice to meet you too. First off, I don't think 5 million people watch Golden Girl reruns. That's the number watching O'Reilly nightly. 11 million watched Fox because they knew they would get fair and balanced debate coverage, while only 10 million watched Monday night football. Not sure 11 million have ever watched Sponge Bob.

I sure would like to know what network you get your news from. I bet they're not biased to the left at all, huh. I occasionally will drop into CNN, got to give it to them that they cover world affairs the best, but even then I wonder if I'm getting the full story. I can't watch MSNBC at all because they are so obvious to the left, but hey, ever since they chose to not hide that fact they passed up CNN in the ratings.

Let's talk about content. Why haven't the other stations covered the Libya murders at all. Something as major as an Ambassador being killed at an American Embassy, and all the other channels are downplaying it. The major three networks haven't reported any stories on it since all the new developments over the past week, which there are many new developments. All ye on the left continue to claim that there were no stand down orders given, or that Obama wasn't aware of the events unfolding, or that it really was the result of a You Tube video, because that's what the White House claimed for two weeks after the attacks. So much evidence to the contrary. Let me ask, how many on the left even know that a suspect in the attacks is being held in Tunisia, first detained in Turkey but allowed to be transferred to his home country of Tunisia, who is suspected of being Al Queda, and that Tunisia refused to let us have access to him. Obama did nothing. It took a Republican Senator to write a letter to Tunisia who raised a little hell about cutting off aid to this country and now our FBI has access to the guy.

Fox News coverage of Sandy aftermath. They were first to start reporting the looting, the violence, and the ugliness because the other networks didn't want to show for fear of hurting Obama. He came in and got his photo ops and left, while people were dumpster diving for food, fighting for gas, looting and what more. This won't bode well for Obama if it continues to get out of control as the election approaches, and they know this. The networks were all over Bush and how terrible he was after Katrina!

When it comes to content at Fox News, they will always bring in someone from the left to debate and get both sides because they aren't afraid to show you both sides. Why? Because they know they are on the "right" side of the issue.

We all can go back and forth debating this stuff on these forums but the fact remains liberals will believe what they believe in and conservatives will continue to know they are wrong! You're left, I'm right. You're wrong and I'm still right.

Either way, thank God we only have a few more days left of this election madness, then we can all get back to some real conspiracies.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

We talk about this often as I am in a media program. Most people who go to CNN don't go because of political sway, they deal with CNN, because it usually has the story first, but that doesn't mean they are the most accurate. Personally, I read most stories from multiple sources.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

We all know Fox don't like Obama because he threaten them, it's pretty obvious.
edit on 2-11-2012 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Originally posted by SaturnFX

If ratings = credible worldviews..then Honey Boo-boo should be POTUS

Now THAT is scary!

It kind of annoys me that I even know who Honey Boo-Boo is, much less Snooky and the rest of Jersey idiots.

I've never watched any of those shows, but their names keep popping up as supposed news.

Indeed. I believe honey booboo is some kid from some white trash family that...I don't know..lets America laugh at them for being moronic (without them understanding they are being laughed at verses with).

Snooki is, to my understanding, some sort of orange shebeast that has overtaken the jersey devil in regards to sightings and folklore...could be wrong here, all my worldly understanding comes from episodes of southpark.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Whenever Fox gets caught lying, and it Happens often, they claim they are NOT A NEWS OUTLET, but an Entertainment Network.

Only Morons actually think they Present Real News.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
and Mormons

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
Whenever Fox gets caught lying, and it Happens often, they claim they are NOT A NEWS OUTLET, but an Entertainment Network.

Only Morons actually think they Present Real News.

You must be on another planet, or maybe another dimension - I don't think I've heard Fox News make those claims, lol. That's a good one and you sound so serious too!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I don't know, I'm pretty sure I've heard that too! Let's see if we can find any links for this...
(maybe it was The Onion or Colbert or The Daily Show who said it...)
edit on 2-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: add comment

edited to add: I think this might be referring to the court case mentioned earlier in the thread? Since they are an "Entertainment Network" that gives them a greater licence with the 'facts'?
Didn't find anything else though.

edit on 2-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Heh, Fox news... man.. Let me just put it as simple as possible.
Fox news yells from atop of Bullsh#%t mountain!

I am thankful for for the Daily show, to bring some of that "balance" back to the Main stream.

Daily show is claimed to be a "fake" news show.
Fox claims to be fair and balanced. lol.

Those of you who know. Know what is up..
Thank you Jon S.!

Great thread! I am always happy to see others, out Fox news and help bring down BullSh#%t mountain.

edit on 2-11-2012 by zysin5 because: edit1.2spelling

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Really? The news is biased? Stop the presses!

...oh, wait...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join