It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX Unfair and Far From Balanced.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Hey I sometimes turn on Fox maybe it is the color scheme or the attractive News women but is kind of mesmerizing then before I know it I have just heard a piece of propaganda spewed out that defies logic.

I know when I watch I am not going to hear the truth it’s just entertainment but every time I hear them talk about lame stream media it strikes me in a funny way because it’s like they don’t realize they may as well be talking about themselves.

It is when they claim moral high ground that it ticks me off but like another poster said they did win a court case where they have the right to lie.

Then there is the multitude of threads started here with them as a source. It just makes me do a face palm when I see them.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
Ah yes, as Obama's chances continue to dwindle, the obamabots come out in force with Biden'ic charts, fuzzy math calculations, and Fox News allegations. What they fail to see (or intentionally troll) is that the American MSM is as polluted as the Potomac River.
inthecapital.com...
edit on 2-11-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

-eyes the latest poll numbers and swing states-

Wonder if they have trees in your world.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
But do you realize that they're all liars?
They all lied about Iraq, then Libya, they are currently lying about Syria.
Our media is selling the war agenda and misinforming the public.
The blood of hundreds of thousands of people is on their hands, and by extension, ours. Especially as long as we continue to argue over which lying entities we prefer, without calling them ALL out as liars.

edit on 2-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by Klassified

I truly thought that this was a well know fact. Obviously it is not. My sister is a FOX news junkie. Believes everything she hears there. It is so stupid.

You would think so by now, but I guess only us tin foil hatters pay attention to this kind of news.
I've shown some of my family and friends the articles on this, and they still don't get it. What else can a guy do?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
It's funny but I turned on my TV this morning to watch the weather and all I could see was President Obama comforting hurricane victims and meeting with other leaders to get repairs done.

Now, how is that fair and balanced when there is an election next week?

Essentially Obama is getting free air time and he's looking like a hero.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

News organizations should be funded by tax payers and have no desire to chase profits...this in turn would make reporters report news and actual facts verses try to win over a audience by towing certain lines.

Just what we need, more NPR's.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

So what? Its a privately owned media company, therefore they can take any bias they like. The government cannot, nor should not ever tell privately owned companies how to run said companies.

If Rupert Murdoch is a conservative, you can damn well bet his news rag will be. Why does this surprise anyone?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
quoted: "People LOVE to be told what they WANT to hear..don't they?"

I guess so...I guess this thread is about people wanting to believe that only Fox lies to them...

Sorry if I'm coming across as self-righteous...It just really bothers me that people don't seem to want to acknowledge this...

If A station told the lie, about say, Libya, and B, C, D and E station repeated it, why is the finger only getting pointed at A?

Possibly 'we' don't want to believe or face how deluded 'we' are...
North Americans are the most uninformed- actually that's wrong, it's misinformed- we are the most misinformed people on the planet.

edit on 2-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: correction

edit on 2-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: correction

At least the people in other countries realize how corrupt and controlled everything is, they don't expect truth from their government or media nor do they believe them.

edit on 2-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: add comment

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
It's funny but I turned on my TV this morning to watch the weather and all I could see was President Obama comforting hurricane victims and meeting with other leaders to get repairs done.

Now, how is that fair and balanced when there is an election next week?

Essentially Obama is getting free air time and he's looking like a hero.

Because his handling of the hurricane is perhaps the most expert response to a disaster of this magnitude that the world has ever seen. Just ask Chris Christie.

Therefore, NOT making him out to be a hero would be damn near treason.

However...does this make them "fair and balanced"?? Hardly...it just means they haven't figured out an effective to way to lie about the reality of what's happening yet.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by Klassified

I truly thought that this was a well know fact. Obviously it is not. My sister is a FOX news junkie. Believes everything she hears there. It is so stupid.

Where I live in Arizona - - they play FOX news on the Jack in the Box TV screens. (other businesses do to).

You don't "talk" politics in Arizona - - - you share FOX/Limbaugh talking points.

Its no wonder Arizona is the way it is.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
And just who controls the slant of Media Matters the company behind this little chart?

MMfA started with the help of $2 million in donations from liberal philanthropists connected to the Democratic party. According to Byron York, additional funding came from MoveOn.org and the New Democrat Network.[16][17][18]
In 2004 MMfA received the endorsement of the Democracy Alliance, a partnership of wealthy and politically active donors. The Alliance itself does not fund its any of its endorsees, but many wealthy Alliance members acted on the endorsement and donated directly to MMfA.[19][20][21] Media Matters as a matter of course has a policy of not comprehensively listing donors. Six years after the Alliance endorsed MMfA, financier George Soros—a founding and continuing member of the Alliance—announced in 2010 that he was donating $1 million to MMfA. Soros said: "Despite repeated assertions to the contrary by various Fox News commentators, I have not to date been a funder of Media Matters." Soros said concern over "recent evidence suggesting that the incendiary rhetoric of Fox News hosts may incite violence" had moved him to donate to MMfA, which thanked Soros for announcing his donation "quickly and transparently".[22]
Former chief of staff to president Bill Clinton John Podesta provided office space for Media Matters early in its formation at the Center for American Progress, a Democratic think tank that he had created in 2002.[23] Hillary Clinton advised Media Matters in its early stages out of a belief that progressives should follow conservatives in forming think tanks and advocacy groups to support their political goals.

Source

Looks like another left leaning organization painting a right leaning organization in a bad light.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Sure CNN and MSNBC appear to give equal time.

But it's the content that gives their agenda away.

Most "Republicans" are cast in negative ways.

Most "Democrats" are cast in positive ways.

It's an old trick.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by strings0305
Anyone who watches Fox needs to remember this one thing: They fought for the right to lie on air, to the American people... And won. air.

Untrue.

Jane Akre sued Fox because they wouldnt allow her to run her report as was written. In the end, its up to the station what they want to run. After looking over the wikipedia account of this issue, it does not appear to me they were ever asked to lie, only to omit details and add others. In the end, Jane actually won over $400,000 in damages from Fox. Again, its a privately run company, i dont know why people assume Fox, CNN or any other news outlet has our best interests at heart.

Think for yourselves, people.
edit on 2-11-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr
reply to post by Grimpachi

So what? Its a privately owned media company, therefore they can take any bias they like. The government cannot, nor should not ever tell privately owned companies how to run said companies.

If Rupert Murdoch is a conservative, you can damn well bet his news rag will be. Why does this surprise anyone?

Because the punditry has gone far beyond "having a conservative stance" and ventured into "fanatical lunacy and lies" A LONG time ago.

...and yes. The federal government DOES have a responsibility to make sure that public opinion can't not be bought and sold via the institutionally-sanctioned selling of lies. At the very least, the right and left punditry alike needs to have the words "this is a paid advertisement" on the screen just like we require TV infomercials to have. Better though would be for full disclosure of WHO those paid advertisers are so at least people are made aware of what sort of toxic waste they are consuming.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The reason I watch FOX news is because you people don't want me to.

Must be something on there you don't want me to see.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Here's another great example of how fair and balanced FOX is. O'Reilly did a segment on Amsterdam. It was nothing short of ridiculous.

One Dutch bloke made a video response to this nonsense:

And Bill OReilly even responded to it in his show. I raged hard when I saw this so called educated man claim statistics are done differently in The Netherlands.

It saddens me that millions of americans watch this crap.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
And just who controls the slant of Media Matters the company behind this little chart?

MMfA started with the help of $2 million in donations from liberal philanthropists connected to the Democratic party. According to Byron York, additional funding came from MoveOn.org and the New Democrat Network.[16][17][18]
In 2004 MMfA received the endorsement of the Democracy Alliance, a partnership of wealthy and politically active donors. The Alliance itself does not fund its any of its endorsees, but many wealthy Alliance members acted on the endorsement and donated directly to MMfA.[19][20][21] Media Matters as a matter of course has a policy of not comprehensively listing donors. Six years after the Alliance endorsed MMfA, financier George Soros—a founding and continuing member of the Alliance—announced in 2010 that he was donating $1 million to MMfA. Soros said: "Despite repeated assertions to the contrary by various Fox News commentators, I have not to date been a funder of Media Matters." Soros said concern over "recent evidence suggesting that the incendiary rhetoric of Fox News hosts may incite violence" had moved him to donate to MMfA, which thanked Soros for announcing his donation "quickly and transparently".[22]
Former chief of staff to president Bill Clinton John Podesta provided office space for Media Matters early in its formation at the Center for American Progress, a Democratic think tank that he had created in 2002.[23] Hillary Clinton advised Media Matters in its early stages out of a belief that progressives should follow conservatives in forming think tanks and advocacy groups to support their political goals.

Source

Looks like another left leaning organization painting a right leaning organization in a bad light.

Media Matters is a left organization, but they use facts to paint the picture.
They -do- ignore things that may hurt or slam the left..but that doesn't mean they are dishonest about things they put out, rather, they are focused on slamming one side.

Leftist? sure. But untrue? hard to argue with statistical information. You can gripe about how there isn't much on obama's college application or whatever the right is on about these days of course..they are partisan, but that doesn't therefore mean they make stuff up.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
FOX didn't technically win the right to lie, they won the right to lie if they called themselves News Entertainment, which they do.

FOX strokes and exploits the persecuted mentality that Murdoch knew was out there. The white male Christian that fears it's going to bred out of existence.

It is true that other News Corporations have their biases however with the exception of MSNBC which pales in comparison with FOX, those biases are Corporate, what the owners want is what is projected. There is a major difference though, FOX cannot be sued for lying or libel... other networks can. Other networks are legally obligated to report FACTS... FOX is not.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder
Because the punditry has gone far beyond "having a conservative stance" and ventured into "fanatical lunacy and lies" A LONG time ago.

So what? Are you capable of thinking for yourself or do you just believe any tripe Fox, CNN or anything else shoves down your throat? Do you suggest the goverment tell private businesses how to run themselves? As a business owner myself, i want the government to butt the hell out of my business.

Originally posted by milominderbinder
...and yes. The federal government DOES have a responsibility to make sure that public opinion can't not be bought and sold via the institutionally-sanctioned selling of lies. At the very least, the right and left punditry alike needs to have the words "this is a paid advertisement" on the screen just like we require TV infomercials to have. Better though would be for full disclosure of WHO those paid advertisers are so at least people are made aware of what sort of toxic waste they are consuming.

You have GOT to be kidding me. Why do we need someone telling us what we should know by the time we are 14? I, unlike you, want the goverment to butt the hell out of my life, not control us more.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SergeantTrammelant
It saddens me that millions of americans watch this crap.

Oreilly is actually the most sane commentator over at fox news.
That should tell you something.

-snickers-

The regularity of tides = proof of god (hmm..whats this moon thing)

Not to worry though, generally speaking, Fox "news" watchers don't own passports.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join