It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX Unfair and Far From Balanced.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Pew study just out, MSNBC far more unbalanced than FOX News:

Pew Study MSNBC vs FOX

"According to the Pew Research Center, it seems viewers aren’t crazy thinking that Fox News is conservative while MSNBC is liberal. Of course, Fox News says they’re ‘fair and balanced’, but even their most loyal viewers fully admit that Fox News caters to conservatively-minded folks. MSNBC, on the other hand, seems to be under the belief that they’ve fooled the American people into thinking that they ‘fairly’ report the ‘facts’. Judging by the stats, MSNBC is nowhere even close to being an ethical news source".
edit on 3-11-2012 by bigrex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
My favorite Fox versus real news (RT) moment: When RT did a segment with one of their terrific young women reporters, and Bill O'Reilly got all incensed about the topic at hand; he was shown saying, 'She's from RT, she couldn't even speak English!' and then RT cut back to the woman doing the interview in perfectly nuanced American English...

The segment positively devastated Bill O. The man is a paid shill, he is paid very well and for that, there should be a special place in hell.

Can we bring back tarring and feathering now? It seems time, y'know?

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
No, the people who support Fox are not fooled that they are fair -- they hold the belief that "everybody else is cheating and lying, and OUR SIDE needs to do it too." The rationale on the race to the bottom of ethics, is that someone else does it -- so why not me?

That's at the heart of it. And you can hear it in every other comment from anyone defending Fox News -- as if we all rally around CNN and somehow think THAT is Liberal.

You cannot convince people that YOU wouldn't listen to Rachel Maddow or Amy Goodman if you caught them lying; because THAT isn't news. But I don't lie to win an argument, and I don't think other people doing the same thing to "score a point" is useful to me or society.

I'm a Progressive. I don't go to a church that tells me I'll go to Hell if I don't obey. Yet I don't lie, cheat or steal, I don't harm others if possible. I want other people to do better and I don't feel better about myself watching other people be pathetic on Jerry Springer.

The fundamental difference I see in discourse between me and Republicans I've argued with is; I BELIEVE that most people in the world just want to live their lives, raise a happy family, and be left alone. I believe that most people are fundamentally good taken as individuals but everyone has the potential for menace when they give their thought and power to a group. I've come to realize that the people who delude themselves that austerity and selfishness can improve anything, are people who are dishonest because they think EVERYONE ELSE is as dishonest as they are. They worry about foreign enemies, they worry about people stabbing them in the back.

That's got to be an awful way to feel all the time, and Fox just feeds into the paranoia.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigrex

Pew Study MSNBC vs FOX

"According to the Pew Research Center, it seems viewers aren’t crazy thinking that Fox News is conservative while MSNBC is liberal. Of course, Fox News says they’re ‘fair and balanced’, but even their most loyal viewers fully admit that Fox News caters to conservatively-minded folks. MSNBC, on the other hand, seems to be under the belief that they’ve fooled the American people into thinking that they ‘fairly’ report the ‘facts’. Judging by the stats, MSNBC is nowhere even close to being an ethical news source".
edit on 3-11-2012 by bigrex because: (no reason given)

How about you compare the amount of TRUTH told on both networks? MSNBC only sounds liberal, because they don't make stuff up.

If Fox News watchers ever stopped lying to themselves, they'd be freaking out.

Most news organizations today are barely much more than infomercials for whomever is holding their purse strings or buying air time. Just because NPR uses big words and tries to deliver "both sides" of a story doesn't mean THEY are Liberal -- only educated. I've heard nothing pro Union or pushing "Liberal values" from a news organization in years. Even Democrats have forgotten what Liberalism means. NPR is backed by Monsanto, Chase bank and a host of other corporations -- how could they POSSIBLY bite the corporate hand that feeds them? To actually be Liberal, an organization must put people before profits -- and that is a dead relic concept we haven't seen on air in a long time.

For instance; Global Warming is real. Yet any news outfit that says; "we have to do something about Global Warming" is suddenly Liberal. No, that's NEWS. It isn't "news" to balance the truth with your own false narrative.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigrex

Pew Study MSNBC vs FOX

Did you read the FULL Report?

This is not a report you can just pick something out of context.

Read the FULL report.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Thanks I had never seen that video. I posted it here it is a good piece and kind of funny.

reply to post by bigrex

I addressed those numbers more than a couple times in this thread.
I addressed it here

I have to disagree on your assertion that:

but even their most loyal viewers fully admit that Fox News caters to conservatively-minded folks.

If you read through the thread there are quite a few people here that think FOX is the final word on the news they think they can do no wrong and believe every word. Yes even on ATS.

I think most people know MSNBC is liberal they don't seem to hide it to me and if you look them up in wiki it even says they are progressive (name for liberal lean to most). Their saying lean forward should be lean left. When their VP was asked about it he said.

senior vice president of NBC News Phil Griffin has said that "it happened naturally.
So I find they are a little more honest about them being bias. As for what I watch personaly."little as possible of any of them"

Some people think I have ignored the fact all networks are bias and I haven’t. I even implied it in the OP but the main issue is how FOX try’s to claim moral high ground by saying they are not. Yes believe it or not some people actually believe this. I think mostly older people because they remember a time when news had integrity that is my guess anyway.

Maybe I will write an OP soon on all the networks but FOX above all grinds my gears.To me it’s not because they are right wing but because they are lying.

edit on 4-11-2012 by Grimpachi because: add

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Here's the darling little Andrea Mitchell caught.......

YouTube Caption:

Published on Jun 18, 2012 by DailyWorldwideNews

It appears MSNBC has not learned its lesson about selective editing to fool there audience into thinking they are reporting the news. After the George Zimmerman fiasco one would think they can't get away with lying anymore.

"Andrea Mitchell MSNBC caught lying on air"

There's dozens more examples...

Goggle "msnbc lies"

goggle msnbc lies

edit on Nov-04-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Believe me you don’t want to get into a contest over video footage with YouTube vids. We would be 80 pages in and I would still be posting. With FOX it’s almost a daily thing now.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

Believe me you don’t want to get into a contest over video footage with YouTube vids. We would be 80 pages in and I would still be posting. With FOX it’s almost a daily thing now.

Well just one might keep the topic "balanced".

How about showing us today's gem from Fox?

Tomorrow you can post one more.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

You know, this "but the other guy does it too!" nonsense just serves to distract the reader from the true bias of Fox News.

All media in this country is biased.

I personally believe that the "liberal media" is a myth because as a liberal, I reject most of what I see in the media. It doesn't cater to me. It caters to the lowest common denominator.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Well this thread was from yesterday its 3:40 in the morning. Here is a link that they have with a video from Nov 2 2012. Hope that works for you.

Check back daily for more.

Hope this qualifies as "almost a daily thing" .

reply to post by VaterOrlaag

Yeah I know it is just a distraction tactic but facts are on my side plus I gave the link so I can just refer to it now.

Thanks for posting though.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Oh no doubt about it.

If I wanted to lower my IQ, I'd watch more Fox News.

It's very effective at dumbing down the public with lies.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by VaterOrlaag

just you wait in another couple years i bet you companies like fox and msn will try to get fda approval for pep pills "mood enhancement pills" as a supplementary for news viewing "take it at home or on the road! in the office or just as a way to enhance your news viewing experience!"

[small print] side effects may include but are not limited to: brain leakage, fanatical devotion, and a complete deterioration of critical thinking skills (do not mix fox brand pep pills with literary material or abstract thought as complications may develop)
edit on 4-11-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
This is a reprise of earlier comments made in another thread. Much praise to FoxNews for broadcasting the truth of what happened at Benghazi. I am posting here not merely to give due credit to FoxNews, but also to thoroughly debunk the false premise implied by many that Barack Hussein Obama was innocent of the crime of murder at Benghazi. As a direct result of the top notch investigative reporting at FoxNews several of the family members of the Obama murder victims have learned the truth and are now expressing their absolute outrage at the fact that they know that Obama had a direct hand in their murders and that he is in fact himself a murderer.

I have been convinced of this from day one and have posted on that fact on several occasions.

MOTHER OF SEAL: 'I BELIEVE THAT OBAMA MURDERED MY SON'

Just one of many examples of comments from ordinary San Diego citizens
Bob Churchill • Top Commenter
Trust this Mrs. Smith, WE BELIEVE HE MURDERED HIM TOO.
Reply • 5 • about an hour ago

Excerpt:

Patricia Smith, the mother of slain State Department employee Sean Patrick Smith, is now blaming President Barack Obama for her son’s death. “I believe that Obama murdered my son,” she said Thursday from the living room of her Clairemont home. “I firmly believe this.”
Patricia Smith, who voted for Obama in 2008 at the insistence of her son, said reporting by Fox News is the basis for much of her belief that Obama is ultimately responsible for her son’s death.
She said Sean, who went to Mission Bay High School but lived abroad, was a fervent supporter of the president.
Smith’s view echoes that of Charles Woods, father of Tyrone Woods, the 41-year-old former Navy SEAL from Imperial Beach who died fighting in Benghazi.

Charles Woods appeared on Fox News shows over the weekend to denounce decisions made by U.S. officials during the Libya attack.
“I’m a retired attorney, and I know that these actions legally do not constitute murder. But in my mind the people in the White House, all of them who have authority to send in reinforcements to prevent what they knew was going to be the death of my son, are guilty of murdering my son,” Woods said Sunday on Fox’s Sean Hannity show.

edit on 4-11-2012 by Vitruvian because: txt

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SweetChild

It's not just Fox...they all do it.

They are for profit organizations after all. All of them. Drudge Report and Huffington Post as well.

That's why I read my news, from many sources, to include ATS, where members often find the other side of a story being told.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Well nothing new there - FOX working for the ultra right.
And nothing gained by telling the right wingers this. They like it that way.
"Because all the other are left media."

Just how unfair and unbalanced? THERE ARE MORE THEN 2 PARTIES IN USA!

whatever

For USA and the world it don't really matter is Bamma or Rmoney gets this.
They won't deal with the simple fact - market economy theory (trickle down) is corrupt and broken. Leaving everything to the free market just don't work.
And the ruling elite can get planned economy to work - too greedy.

But like I said - whatever
Sun will still be shining a 100 years from now. With or without us.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Why don't they just call it the Rupert Murdoch News channel?

What his agenda?

An Australian born old geezer meddling in the political affairs of the US and Britain.

Mr phone hack himself.

But yeah keep on swallowing the Rupert juice. Divide and Conquer is thy game.

Go local pro-sports team!

edit on 4-11-2012 by Komonazmuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Komonazmuk

If Joseph Goebbels had been born in Murchoch's day, he would be exactly where Murdoch is at this point if not much more.

Nice to see that this type of fascism is like herpes..it never goes away.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Yes I agree CNN is more pro-democrat but they also have no problem saying when Obama has done a bad job, and they are quite critical of him. Fox news on the other hand is like watching an episode of highlander, 'There can be only ONE!!!!', a republican.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Komonazmuk

He was awfully pissed at Christie: www.huffingtonpost.com...

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join